Game of Thrones - mostly

Kath

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 6:02 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:26 pm
I really want a bedspread of wolfskins now.

And how freaking awkward was the sex scene with Brienne?? They didn’t even attempt to doll her up.
Yeah just the opposite, they doll her down, to make her less attractive, and have the entire series. Didn't want to change it up now.
No chemistry whatsoever as lovers. What existed in friendship didn't translate. I knew that would be short-lived. It was just way too awkward.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 6:05 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:11 pm
Loved the Tarantino-like tension scene with Sansa and Tyrion, brilliant move by Sansa to help attempt to turn Tyrion against her, I knew that promise to not tell anyone would last all of five seconds, lulz. Well unless Tyrion stupidly sides with Dany and spills the beans that Sansa told him about Jon's heritage, but that doesn't seem like Tyrion, he subconsciously knows he's in denial about her, he'll change his mind eventually if he doesn't get killed in a lame plot twist before he does.
Do you think there's a single viewer who thought, "Dang, I was hoping everyone would learn the secret. I guess not, since they double-pinky swore on it?" Lol... maybe some teenage girls.

Tyrion's face has always been a tell. He knows already and has already changed his mind. He's processing his way out of the situation. He won't turn on her until he's fleshed out a plan.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 6:31 am

California wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:00 am
That episode really felt like a return to the old days, but its all laid out now

Dany goes Mad Queen
Jamie kills Cersei
Ayra is involved in Cleaganebowl

Now I just don't know if Jon dies or not and how Sansa is involved
Dany's been slowly going mad queen since season 1.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon May 06, 2019 7:57 am

she's so remarkably un-intimidating with her mean little pouty faces. why didn't cersei just kill them all at the end?

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 06, 2019 8:05 am

DrYouth wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:07 am
I'll refine the term as to how I'm using it for Bjorn and others... they seem "triggered" by my use of it. :twisted:

I use SJW to get at the spirit of fighting for social justice on behalf of a perceived oppressed group of whom one is not a part and of whom the warrior often understands little or nothing. In fact the SJW is usually a member of the perceived oppressing group... The other aspect of the SJW when they are part of the perceived oppressed group... is that the oppression they are railing against is subtle or implied bias or historical oppression while the individual is experiencing relatively little apparent hardship and the "oppression" is far from obvious.

Advocating for oppressed groups is of course not a negative characteristic... it can be admirable... but motives for this characteristic can range in sincerity and shadow motives are often at play... the help offered is often infantilizing and effectively disempowering... where the "champion" expects the recognition and credit for what is achieved and the group helped is perceived as helpless and incapable of helping themselves. The other is that "victim" status is often cherished and clung to, despite lack of obvious victimization.
Are you actually a Doctor /Psychologist?

Do you believe in sincerity?

Do you think a society can flourish when it is engulfed in cynicism?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 8:07 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:57 am
she's so remarkably un-intimidating with her mean little pouty faces. why didn't cersei just kill them all at the end?
That would have been a rooky mistake. A big one.

If Cersei kills off someone with a valid claim to the throne, the proles will see Cersei as even more evil than they already believe.

Cersei forced Dany's hand; now Dany will burn down the Red Keep, including all the proles Cersei has (intentionally,)let in for safety. Point Cersei; now everyone will hate Dany. Missandei didn't help Dany by telling her to burn it all down, either. Nice sentiment, but will have repercussions Missandei couldn't possibly predict.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 06, 2019 8:15 am

Kath wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:07 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:57 am
That would have been a rooky mistake. A big one.

If Cersei kills off someone with a valid claim to the throne, the proles will see Cersei as even more evil than they already believe.

Cersei forced Dany's hand; now Dany will burn down the Red Keep, including all the proles Cersei has (intentionally,)let in for safety. Point Cersei; now everyone will hate Dany. Missandei didn't help Dany by telling her to burn it all down, either. Nice sentiment, but will have repercussions Missandei couldn't possibly predict.
I don't think the people actually care about or like Cersi but who knows because we've had almost no indication either way. I also do not think most people in Westeros want or like Khaleesi either. Outsiders are never loved by the masses.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 8:18 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:15 am

I don't think the people actually care about or like Cersi but who knows because we've had almost no indication either way. I also do not think most people in Westeros want or like Khaleesi either. Outsiders are never loved by the masses.
I thought the walk of atonement showed the people's lack of love for Cersei quite nicely. They know her kids were Jamie's kids. They are totally not cool with that. Remember when they called Tommin an abomination to his face? They loathe her.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 06, 2019 8:19 am

Kath wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:18 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:15 am

I thought the walk of atonement showed the people's lack of love for Cersei quite nicely. They know her kids were Jamie's kids. They are totally not cool with that. Remember when they called Tommin an abomination to his face? They loathe her.
No doubt that most proles if give the chance will spit and throw shit on a high society woman but I also think the hysteria of the religious fanatics were wiping up outrage then and earlier.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 8:23 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:19 am

No doubt that most proles if give the chance will spit and throw shit on a high society woman but I also think the hysteria of the religious fanatics were wiping up outrage then and earlier.
They were not cool with the incest. They loathe her. They know that none of her kids had claim to the throne, and she has even less claim.