Game of Thrones - mostly

StCapps

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by StCapps » Sun May 05, 2019 9:41 pm

Well that's an encouraging sign the show is getting back to it's roots, tension is palpable, the show might nail the landing yet, fingers crossed.

Jon backstabbing Dany looks like the more likely backstab now, even though Dany is closer to turning on him, Dany's allies are closer to turning on her.

The Hound is coming for The Mountain, Arya and Jaime coming for Cersei. Poor Brienne, looks like the Jaime redemption arc might not go down, would be epic if Jaime changes his mind, Brienne is right about him, but then Cersei kills him before he can act on it, that would be tragic. In that case Arya gets the Cersei kill.

Mad Queen going mad, Reluctant King will probably come to her rescue. Will Jon Snow be able to pull the trigger and execute Dany, or will the show let her die a much lamer death in some infinitely lamer plot twist, or will she survive and go Joe Stalin on Westeros?

Euron and Grey Worm look poised to go out in blaze of glory. That should be fun.

Really like the pre-battle set up episodes in the seventh season, makes me a lot more confident the ending won't suck, but still have my doubts. The lame middle-to-late seasons stretch better pay off by saving all the explosions that need to go down happen in just the right sequence. Given the set up though, they have no excuses for not being able to deliver. The most likely way to blow it, would be if they go for super unlikely plot twist ending and all the setup was just a distraction to conceal the big twist out of nowhere that makes no sense, and comes in like Deus Ex Machina to ruin the show, for the epic bad writing choke.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 05, 2019 10:00 pm

Yeah, that was really the best episode in a long time. Mad Queen it is.

Hound kills Mountain.
Cersei kills grey worm.
Jamie kills Cersei.
Brienne shows up and kills Jamie.
Daenerys starts killing Kings Landing
John has a Skywalker moment and kills Dany.
Takes the throne with... Sansa?

Best part was obviously Tyrion and Varys discussing the fate of the world. Tyrion already knows what he has to do.

Worst part was Daenerys once again fucking off with her dragons and assuming air superiority without establishing it.

EDIT: oh yeah. And John is now right-wing vs Danys SJW. I love that angle.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun May 05, 2019 10:08 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:00 pm
EDIT: oh yeah. And John is now right-wing vs Danys SJW. I love that angle.
The Uncuckening is a legit possibility, told y'all.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun May 05, 2019 10:11 pm

Loved the Tarantino-like tension scene with Sansa and Tyrion, brilliant move by Sansa to help attempt to turn Tyrion against her, I knew that promise to not tell anyone would last all of five seconds, lulz. Well unless Tyrion stupidly sides with Dany and spills the beans that Sansa told him about Jon's heritage, but that doesn't seem like Tyrion, he subconsciously knows he's in denial about her, he'll change his mind eventually if he doesn't get killed in a lame plot twist before he does.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 05, 2019 10:26 pm

I really want a bedspread of wolfskins now.

And how freaking awkward was the sex scene with Brienne?? They didn’t even attempt to doll her up.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:26 pm
I really want a bedspread of wolfskins now.

And how freaking awkward was the sex scene with Brienne?? They didn’t even attempt to doll her up.
Yeah just the opposite, they doll her down, to make her less attractive, and have the entire series. Didn't want to change it up now.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 06, 2019 1:40 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Cersei kills grey worm.
Via The Mountain, Zombie Mountain gets that kill, then we'll get The Cleganebowl.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon May 06, 2019 4:38 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:40 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Cersei kills grey worm.
Via The Mountain, Zombie Mountain gets that kill, then we'll get The Cleganebowl.
Yeah... mountain mortally wounds hound, Arya kills him/it. Forgot he’s on her magic list.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 5:49 am

Great episode.

I successfully predicted that Varys would quickly figure out that Dany has no business on the throne. Tyrion knows, too, but he needs to get there. They know she's just more of the same.

Sansa killing it, yet again. She'll win this bitch fight. Dany hates Sansa so much that she couldn't be bothered to even consider her council regarding the soldiers needing a nap. Jon figured it out, "the dragons need some rest." Dany be like, "nah, let's go get my throne. I'm sure it will work out."

Seems that every other dramatic turn was a surprise to me. All good. Still processing. Good moves by Cersei. Grey Worm is now going to be clouded.

Jamie/Brianne? I didn't see it happening at all up until Tyrion told her she was a virgin. That was a complete surprise.

Who suggested that Varys would help bring in a democracy? I'm thinking that's a possibility. Maybe a parliament system like England. Still someone on the throne, but with limited power.

Still processing. I definitely need a re-watch.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon May 06, 2019 6:00 am

That episode really felt like a return to the old days, but its all laid out now

Dany goes Mad Queen
Jamie kills Cersei
Ayra is involved in Cleaganebowl

Now I just don't know if Jon dies or not and how Sansa is involved
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session