Plutarch on animal ethics

Fife

Re: Plutarch on animal ethics

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:38 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:34 pm
JohnDonne wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm
There’s only one reason you all want me to be wrong so badly: because if I’m right, that means you are obligated to change. And people don’t want to change. But ask yourself if you ever regretted doing the right thing.
Here's what needs to happen. The animals take a vote. If they want us to stop eating them, they need to get with their animal representatives and make that their policy. If the vote goes their way, they can pressure their government to use force to get humans to change their ways. I think they have a shot.
You really have your finger on the pulse of the Ivy League.

https://www.law.columbia.edu/news/2017/ ... alia-rocha

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Kath wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:10 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I swear this guy JohnDonne is trolling us all and having a laugh. There is no way anyone is this delusional and mentally ill irl.
Agreed. Remember when he had a meltdown at his family because they were eating crabs? Lol....

Nobody believes that animals starving in the streets is better than having a procedure to prevent that from happening.
Not this time, sucka!
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Kath wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:28 pm
JohnDonne wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:11 pm
Kath wrote:

Agreed. Remember when he had a meltdown at his family because they were eating crabs? Lol....

Nobody believes that animals starving in the streets is better than having a procedure to prevent that from happening.
You’re right, nobody said that.
Ah, you are like the government. You propose we enact policy without looking a couple years down the road to see the consequences of that action. You neuter/spay two cats and you reduce their output of new cats to zero. You don't neuter/spay those two cats and you have 10,000 in 10 years.

The natural consequence of not neutering/spaying is millions more animals that shelters cannot provide for. There aren't enough humans who want them. What do you think happens to wild cats & dogs in the winter, genius?
I proposed no policy. Cognitive dissonance.

I said having pets is a bad idea, and being a responsible pet owner means invasive surgery. My recommendation? Don’t support animal breeders of any kind because they’re evil, and if you adopt a shelter animal, feed them vegan.

Collectively scale down animal domestication until there are just wild and free animals.
Last edited by JohnDonne on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:43 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm
Kath wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I swear this guy JohnDonne is trolling us all and having a laugh. There is no way anyone is this delusional and mentally ill irl.

Not this time, sucka!
This is what I'm talking about DB. JohnDonne always makes these animals out like they are these saints who were just trying to get an electrical engineering degree, but videos like that prove that they are thugs. This crab was attempting to assault a local seafood restaurant cook.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:44 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm
I proposed no policy. Cognitive dissonance.
I've been wondering what that phrase means.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:47 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm
I said having pets is a bad idea, and being a responsible pet owner means invasive surgery. My recommendation? Don’t support animal breeders of any kind because they’re evil, and if you adopt a shelter animal, feed them vegan.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Dogs and cats simply achieved special status in being bred to kill other animals for us, horses as a means of transportation.

You can't ride a cow very far, guard pigs are rather useless, and chickens don't hunt mice and rats.
Nec Aspera Terrent

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:49 pm

I’m not asking for bans, I’m asking people of conscience which I have no doubt you all are, to take a look in the mirror and say, “This stops here, right now, with my own actions.”

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:51 pm

A lot of moronic carnivores on this thread. You guys realize that rabbits and deer are quite endangered right? The supply of them is dangerously low. And don't get me started on the squirrels in Florida. If we keep this up, we are in danger of losing these majestic creatures for good!
Shikata ga nai

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:48 pm
Dogs and cats simply achieved special status in being bred to kill other animals for us, horses as a means of transportation.

You can't ride a cow very far, guard pigs are rather useless, and chickens don't hunt mice and rats.
It’s true, there’s no moral difference between a cow and a horse