Plutarch on animal ethics

Kath

Re: Plutarch on animal ethics

Post by Kath » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:10 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I swear this guy JohnDonne is trolling us all and having a laugh. There is no way anyone is this delusional and mentally ill irl.
Agreed. Remember when he had a meltdown at his family because they were eating crabs? Lol....

Nobody believes that animals starving in the streets is better than having a procedure to prevent that from happening.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:10 pm

From the John Donne school of dive-by posting.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Kath wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:10 pm
heydaralon wrote:
I swear this guy JohnDonne is trolling us all and having a laugh. There is no way anyone is this delusional and mentally ill irl.
Agreed. Remember when he had a meltdown at his family because they were eating crabs? Lol....

Nobody believes that animals starving in the streets is better than having a procedure to prevent that from happening.
You’re right, nobody said that.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:13 pm

This is called cognitive dissonance, when you have to attribute arguments I never made to maintain your unsupportable position.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Cognitive dissonance is killing human babies while lamenting animals getting neutered.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:16 pm

No cognitive dissonance, I am consistent, and I’ve never had an abortion.

But your post above was a good example.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm

There’s only one reason you all want me to be wrong so badly: because if I’m right, that means you are obligated to change. And people don’t want to change. But ask yourself if you ever regretted doing the right thing.

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:28 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:11 pm
Kath wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

You’re right, nobody said that.
Ah, you are like the government. You propose we enact policy without looking a couple years down the road to see the consequences of that action. You neuter/spay two cats and you reduce their output of new cats to zero. You don't neuter/spay those two cats and you have 10,000 in 10 years.

The natural consequence of not neutering/spaying is millions more animals that shelters cannot provide for. There aren't enough humans who want them. What do you think happens to wild cats & dogs in the winter, genius?
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:34 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm
There’s only one reason you all want me to be wrong so badly: because if I’m right, that means you are obligated to change. And people don’t want to change. But ask yourself if you ever regretted doing the right thing.
Here's what needs to happen. The animals take a vote. If they want us to stop eating them, they need to get with their animal representatives and make that their policy. If the vote goes their way, they can pressure their government to use force to get humans to change their ways. I think they have a shot.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Kath wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

I think JohnDonne is a serial killer and a hypocrite. Ted Bundy murdered innocent women, but also worked at a suicide hotline. Its the same thing with Donne. Publicly, he tries to protect crustaceans from being boiled, but privately, he steps on insects and arachnids and has killed many of them on his windshield, which is horrifying. It really makes me sick that this lying piece of shit is walking the streets and hasn't had to answer for his many crimes against non-humanity.
Shikata ga nai