The Green Leap Forward

MilSpecs

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:12 pm
You cannot apply the social and urban planning problems of cities to the nation. Most of us do not live or operate under those constraints. At all.

It makes more sense for most of this country to switch to electric vehicles powered by nuclear power plants.

Long distance mass transit only works in specific kinds of regions, much smaller, and with less non-urban populations.

Again, I am not against building a fast rail system per se, that connects coastal faggots together so that they don't bother the rest of us, but let's not pretend like you are doing it for the environment or for anybody's sake but your own. We are doing just fine without that shit out here. Please leave Western North Carolina off your list of potential stops. We are full up already.
Most of the nation lives in suburbs.

I have no objection to nuclear power or electric cars. That said, most of the nation lives in suburbs and we need a transportation solution for them. Come up with something better than light rail, I’m listening.

Your last paragraph is silly. People don’t move where there aren’t good paying jobs. And again, you are the minority. Most people don’t live in areas like yours.
:royalty-queen:

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:39 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
I don't think anyone is questioning the logic of commuter rail. I think people are wondering if this is your first time playing sim City and you just took out massive loans to build high speed rails all over the map because you think that means it will make your little towns more attractive.
I’m not pro public unions. They don’t need to cost what we’ve been spending and they definitely don’t need to take as long to build. That said, start with test systems in the obvious places. Isn’t Atlanta at a standstill half the time? I seem to remember Houston being a traffic nightmare.
:royalty-queen:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:45 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:39 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
I don't think anyone is questioning the logic of commuter rail. I think people are wondering if this is your first time playing sim City and you just took out massive loans to build high speed rails all over the map because you think that means it will make your little towns more attractive.
I’m not pro public unions. They don’t need to cost what we’ve been spending and they definitely don’t need to take as long to build. That said, start with test systems in the obvious places. Isn’t Atlanta at a standstill half the time? I seem to remember Houston being a traffic nightmare.
I have never been to Atlanta but from what I've heard, people are retreating to the suburbs for the "good schools."

Houston is a beautiful mess. We don't have zoning laws and we have the best highways in the nation. Katy highway has the most lanes in the world. It's still a mess. It is what it is. We got a light rail and it hasn't done one iota for anything other than become a mobile homeless transport. There is no light rail solution for Houston because like others have pointed out, most cities are highly decentralized.

I have lived in L.A. and I will say that their mass transportation works pretty damn good even though they are just as spread out as Houston is. Idk. We can't build underground tunnels is part of the problem. We flood every other year. We have mass transit bussing that will get you somewhere but there is too much traffic. This just isn't a mass transportation city and never could be.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:00 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:31 pm
You cannot apply the social and urban planning problems of cities to the nation. Most of us do not live or operate under those constraints. At all.

It makes more sense for most of this country to switch to electric vehicles powered by nuclear power plants.

Long distance mass transit only works in specific kinds of regions, much smaller, and with less non-urban populations.

Again, I am not against building a fast rail system per se, that connects coastal faggots together so that they don't bother the rest of us, but let's not pretend like you are doing it for the environment or for anybody's sake but your own. We are doing just fine without that shit out here. Please leave Western North Carolina off your list of potential stops. We are full up already.

I have no objection to nuclear power or electric cars. That said, most of the nation lives in suburbs and we need a transportation solution for them. Come up with something better than light rail, I’m listening.

Your last paragraph is silly. People don’t move where there aren’t good paying jobs. And again, you are the minority. Most people don’t live in areas like yours.

Slightly more than 50% of the population live in suburbs, not most Americans. Most Americans that liberals like you give a shit live in suburbs. That would be a more accurate statement.

We should not organize national policies around what only half the population think they want or need.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:17 pm
Fife wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:30 pm
Nick, I'm coming to WA on my electric bike; I'll give you a fifth of TN whiskey for a charge at the store. How far east from the store to the nearest Whole Foods?
OOHH that whole foods.

Back the way you came.
I think I'll have to ship my electric scooter to Rhode Island, maybe you can just visit me there. TIL that I'll finally be free there, with public charging stations.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:00 pm
MilSpecs wrote:

Slightly more than 50% of the population live in suburbs, not most Americans. Most Americans that liberals like you give a shit live in suburbs. That would be a more accurate statement.

We should not organize national policies around what only half the population think they want or need.
Only the best organized national policies can give the desperate inhabitants of Benton County what they want or need.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:27 pm

The funny part is how she denied that Yankees are not colonizing the fuck out of us right now. Have you been to Asheville bitch? It's fucking Yankeeland everywhere.

No more stops. Just connect your rails between the East Coast and no sooner than Ephrata, Washington. Thanks.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:27 pm
The funny part is how she denied that Yankees are not colonizing the fuck out of us right now. Have you been to Asheville bitch? It's fucking Yankeeland everywhere.

No more stops. Just connect your rails between the East Coast and no sooner than Ephrata, Washington. Thanks.
Amtrak does stop here once a day

I actually like taking the kids on the train old school style.

See some country.

Its pretty cheap.
I'm sure its subsidized as fuck.
$26 gets you to Everett, WA 200 miles away.
You go on a 7 miles tunnel through the middle of the mountains. You can drink.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:34 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:32 pm
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Amtrak does stop here once a day

I actually like taking the kids on the train old school style.

See some country.

Its pretty cheap.
I'm sure its subsidized as fuck.
$26 gets you to Everett, WA 200 miles away.
You go on a 7 miles tunnel through the middle of the mountains. You can drink.
Yeah, trains can be nice. I use to enjoy the train ride into Chicago when it was not during the rush commute times. You pretty much had the whole seat and the one in front of you to make into your own space and watch shit roll by. It gets pretty dark when you reach the outskirts of the city and pass the bombed out, abandoned areas of the city, though.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:02 pm

MilSpecs wrote:

I live in a suburb and I already explained to you why rail will not be better than cars in these areas. You just keep ignoring the facts and continue on with how the rest of us need your solution.