Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:53 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:14 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Hey MilSpec - How do you like the fruits of your vote? New income tax, tolls, higher prop taxes due to "realignment" of education spending and new state wide car tax (towns will have to increase mill rates to make up for shifted revenue), lower property values due to "regionalzation" and continued exodus of >$100,000 income earners....serious consideration of grocery tax...Netflix and Internet Tax.....
My vote?

If you pulled the handle for a DNC canidate, then yes - your vote. Or have you already left this smoldering ash heap of a state?
I haven’t lived in CT in years, but if I hit big tomorrow I’m getting a house right on the Madison shoreline. I’ll spend my days wheeling the grandkids in strollers around the Guilford green. CT is still close to my heart and I’ll probably live there again some day.
:royalty-queen:

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:58 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:47 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm
We need to start a tax for people standing on the street. The amount of wear and tear to the pavement is astronomical and we can use the money to support low income single mothers who will spend it well.
A bunch of states in the urban east coast have been enacting Rain Taxes (not joking), that's pretty darn close to taxing people for standing on the street.
It’s a drainage tax. We flood around here and we need more storm systems. We’re out of money though. We should stop sending it to other states and use it to fix our infrastructure. Drainage and roads before subsidizing other states.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:06 pm
“PA driver in fatal accident with tractor-trailer”
Photo of miles of traffic dead stopped
Copy paste weekly
Liberal: You people aren't smart enough for X so we must take X away from you for your own good.
Copy paste daily.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:06 am

Another PA driver? 😀

Sorry, there’s a pecking order in life. We take shit from NY, you take shit from us. We all live in fear of the RVs from Quebec.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 am

Yankee Problems. Yankee Problems Everywhere.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:15 am

Ph64 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:23 pm
Meanwhile, the democrat governor of solidly democratic (and solidly broke) California has decided to cancel their high speed rail... "too expensive, not worth it".

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02- ... il-project

I remember all those years back when the bond measure passed. I supported it. The naysayers said that the costs would balloon, they said that wouldn't be a bullet train, and it wouldn't ever be completed. That's exactly what happened. The 33 billion dollar project estimates nearly tripled, it was downgraded to non high-speed train, and now it won't get done. The only part that will be finished is in rural, agricultural California.

I'm not even saying that a bullet train from LA to SF would be bad necessarily, I'm saying that the democrats are incapable of it. It's just that these clowns don't have the intelligence, ability, drive, money, will or honesty to make one happen.

Even supposing you get a demagogue like AOC in power, this is what your GND will look like. Useless, expensive, non-bullet trains that never get built in farm country that won't get used.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 am

All aboard the A,O&C Failtrain! Choo choo! Next stop, the gulags.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:33 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:15 am

I remember all those years back when the bond measure passed. I supported it. The naysayers said that the costs would balloon, they said that wouldn't be a bullet train, and it wouldn't ever be completed. That's exactly what happened. The 33 billion dollar project estimates nearly tripled, it was downgraded to non high-speed train, and now it won't get done. The only part that will be finished is in rural, agricultural California.

I'm not even saying that a bullet train from LA to SF would be bad necessarily, I'm saying that the democrats are incapable of it. It's just that these clowns don't have the intelligence, ability, drive, money, will or honesty to make one happen.

Even supposing you get a demagogue like AOC in power, this is what your GND will look like. Useless, expensive, non-bullet trains that never get built in farm country that won't get used.
At least the people in the valley can now enjoy:
Savings: fewer cars per family would be the biggest savings. Big initial savings as people can live further out (that would change as real estate values adjust, but a lot of people would see long term savings). Defense spending has potential since so much of what we spend is tied to oil producing regions.

Health: car accidents are a major problem that would drop significantly with fewer people on the road. Same with pollution.

Quality of life: less stress, greater recreational access, hours commuting lessened.
Right? All for the low cost of how many tens of billions? What’s that work out to, per capita, for valley residents? I’m sure it was a brilliant use of financial resources... just like it always is.
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 am

Wait. What if women stayed home? One car per family achieved.

And with no electricity, we probably will need women at home doing all the chores.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 am

I don't need to tell you this, but none of those benefits will ever occur. Why would anyone take a train when they can easily drive to where ever they need to go? HWY 99 from Bakersfield to Merced is mostly just farmland. Even for the few that commute from one town to another in the valley, it's not like there are major city hubs were most people work. The cities there are tiny to medium sized suburban cities. Are the people going to take city buses once they get off the train? It's so crazy.

As I understand the universities here still have "I will ride" pledges. I saw a poster once, I had some weird kids flanked by a rainbow with bold letters announcing "I WILL RIDE" and encouraged people to use the train... that hasn't, er, won't be built.