The Green Leap Forward

Zlaxer

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:53 pm
The Sicilian ones can be pretty tough.
Hey MilSpec - How do you like the fruits of your vote? New income tax, tolls, higher prop taxes due to "realignment" of education spending and new state wide car tax (towns will have to increase mill rates to make up for shifted revenue), lower property values due to "regionalzation" and continued exodus of >$100,000 income earners....serious consideration of grocery tax...Netflix and Internet Tax.....

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Hey MilSpec - How do you like the fruits of your vote? New income tax, tolls, higher prop taxes due to "realignment" of education spending and new state wide car tax (towns will have to increase mill rates to make up for shifted revenue), lower property values due to "regionalzation" and continued exodus of >$100,000 income earners....serious consideration of grocery tax...Netflix and Internet Tax.....
My vote?
:royalty-queen:

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm

We need to start a tax for people standing on the street. The amount of wear and tear to the pavement is astronomical and we can use the money to support low income single mothers who will spend it well.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:47 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm
We need to start a tax for people standing on the street. The amount of wear and tear to the pavement is astronomical and we can use the money to support low income single mothers who will spend it well.
A bunch of states in the urban east coast have been enacting Rain Taxes (not joking), that's pretty darn close to taxing people for standing on the street.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:04 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:47 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm
A bunch of states in the urban east coast have been enacting Rain Taxes (not joking), that's pretty darn close to taxing people for standing on the street.
What?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 pm

Yep, look it up. Taxing you because of Rain.

I think it started under the Obama Rule that gave ownership of all water, rain, mud puddles whatever to the Federal Government. Trump nuked that thing in his first month, one of the crazy Orange Mans best moves.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 pm

I think it started under the Obama Rule that gave ownership of all water, rain, mud puddles whatever to the Federal Government. Trump nuked that thing in his first month, one of the crazy Orange Mans best moves.
Yup, most recent I was was NJ, so lookup "NJ rain tax" I'm sure you'll find articles.

They were talking about taxing you based on pavement area, etc, because the pavement collects trash and stuff that taints the water runoff into storm drains or something, while of course exposed ground just lets the rain soak into the groundwater. So pave your gravel driveway and owe rain tax yearly for it! Probably if you put in a concrete slab walkway to your door you'll be taxed for that too.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:19 am

Ph64 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 pm

Yup, most recent I was was NJ, so lookup "NJ rain tax" I'm sure you'll find articles.

They were talking about taxing you based on pavement area, etc, because the pavement collects trash and stuff that taints the water runoff into storm drains or something, while of course exposed ground just lets the rain soak into the groundwater. So pave your gravel driveway and owe rain tax yearly for it! Probably if you put in a concrete slab walkway to your door you'll be taxed for that too.
And with this explanation dirty dick is for it. Saying the rain tax is an unfair name and about preserving vital urban green spaces. Diversity, sustainability and some other buzzwords thrown in and any tax will be justified for the statist.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:44 am

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/12/mit ... -deal.html
Mitch McConnell is going to force the Senate to vote on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal
He is a fucking ninja turtle.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:14 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
My vote?

If you pulled the handle for a DNC canidate, then yes - your vote. Or have you already left this smoldering ash heap of a state?