The Green Leap Forward

PartyOf5

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:08 pm

So far Mil has posted about "amazing", "huge savings", "better quality of life", etc... yet won't give any specific answers when asked.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:12 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm
I get it. Nothing can ever change. We can only whine that the jobs won't come to us instead of figuring out how to get people to where the jobs are.

Pick a place with a commuter problem and start there. If it doesn't have enough jobs so much the better.
Liberals are like predatory banks, take a bunch of poor people down on thier luck with plenty of land and plunge them so far in debt you take the land or you own them. I have this exact poster calling red states moochers for projects they wanted and whining about the tax money spent but here she is with another program where blue states want easier transit for them and they want to skip right past all the flyover people at 200 mph and because they have more land in between they would have to spend more in red areas to construct and maintain the system and we are supposed to gush with effusive praise to the lying scumbag who presents it. Hard pass.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:19 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:06 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
We can only whine that the jobs won't come to us instead of figuring out how to get people to where the jobs are.
Hmmmm, how to get people to where the jobs are. :think: If only we had some way to individuals from their homes to any other place they want to go. Maybe something like pods on wheels that could navigate paths that go literally everywhere there is a job, food, shopping, and recreation. I guess for now I'll just walk or ride my bike in -25 degree weather the miles to the train stop where I can get close to my destination and then rent a bike again in -25 degree weather to finish my commute.
If you can drive to the train and get to work that way, you’re lucky. It would be nice to see other areas with that option. It’s insanity that most people have to pay for multiple cars per family because it’s the only real way to get around, they spend uncounted hours sitting in traffic, constant accidents on the roads, lousy air quality, etc. You can move far out and avoid it all but then low pay. We live like the last century.
:royalty-queen:

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:24 pm

clubgop wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:12 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
I get it. Nothing can ever change. We can only whine that the jobs won't come to us instead of figuring out how to get people to where the jobs are.

Pick a place with a commuter problem and start there. If it doesn't have enough jobs so much the better.
Liberals are like predatory banks, take a bunch of poor people down on thier luck with plenty of land and plunge them so far in debt you take the land or you own them. I have this exact poster calling red states moochers for projects they wanted and whining about the tax money spent but here she is with another program where blue states want easier transit for them and they want to skip right past all the flyover people at 200 mph and because they have more land in between they would have to spend more in red areas to construct and maintain the system and we are supposed to gush with effusive praise to the lying scumbag who presents it. Hard pass.
You’re the last person who should have anything negative to say. You should be able to easily commute to the job of your choice, go to the shore on a Saturday, and whatever shopping you choose. And so should the people to your west, north and south, some of whom are hurting for jobs.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Muh "last person who should have anything negative to say"

Okie dokie clubs. At least you know where "your people" stand.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:14 pm

At least we drew firm line between team "This has a long history of being an expensive scam" and team "YES WE CAN!".
Folks have seen both cases made.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:23 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:08 pm
So far Mil has posted about "amazing", "huge savings", "better quality of life", etc... yet won't give any specific answers when asked.
Savings: fewer cars per family would be the biggest savings. Big initial savings as people can live further out (that would change as real estate values adjust, but a lot of people would see long term savings). Defense spending has potential since so much of what we spend is tied to oil producing regions.

Health: car accidents are a major problem that would drop significantly with fewer people on the road. Same with pollution.

Quality of life: less stress, greater recreational access, hours commuting lessened.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:25 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:19 pm
If you can drive to the train and get to work that way, you’re lucky. It would be nice to see other areas with that option. It’s insanity that most people have to pay for multiple cars per family because it’s the only real way to get around, they spend uncounted hours sitting in traffic, constant accidents on the roads, lousy air quality, etc. You can move far out and avoid it all but then low pay. We live like the last century.
I don't drive to the train, I drive directly to work. Most areas have that option. We're still talking about the US, right and not Venezuela? You just made an argument for why big cities are terrible places to live.

All you're thinking about is you and your big city problems. You want the rest of the country, much of it vastly different than your little bubble, to do things your way and there is no other option. You can't wait to force all of us to bend to your will even though you have no understanding of how the rest of us live.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:41 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:23 pm
Savings: fewer cars per family would be the biggest savings. Big initial savings as people can live further out (that would change as real estate values adjust, but a lot of people would see long term savings). Defense spending has potential since so much of what we spend is tied to oil producing regions.

Health: car accidents are a major problem that would drop significantly with fewer people on the road. Same with pollution.

Quality of life: less stress, greater recreational access, hours commuting lessened.
How does not having a car equate to people can live further out? With my car I can go anywhere I want as far as I want. I can drive into the city for work and out to the middle of nowhere to go fishing. I can get from my front door at home to the front door at work in 35 minutes. Work is about 30 miles away. A train stop is not going to be at my door or at the door of my work, so I first would have to get to the train and then from the train to my destination some other way. Even if it was door to door, a train is not going to get me 30 miles in 35 minutes having to stop at every town along the way.

My stress would be greater because I'd have to deal with getting to and from the train every day. Nice day for a walk or bike ride to the train when it's 10 degrees and snowing. How do get greater recreational access from replacing my car with rail? What is your idea of recreation? The hours commuting fallacy was just explained above.

Why not concentrate on savings by promoting working remotely? I do that quite a bit. No need for a train or car. It doesn't work for all jobs, but it's a much better solution than building rail all over.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:48 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:49 pm
I don't generally like spending money to stroke someone
[/quote]

Not according to the Shakespere in the bathroom stall :naughty:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience