My son....the felon

Kath

Re: My son....the felon

Post by Kath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:37 pm
Kids now do not have the freedom to fuck up like Gen X did. They have one shot. It's not just crimes either. Social media, everything. Say the wrong thing in your youth, and your entire life is affected.

There are no second chances for kids now.
Entirely their fault. They take out giant billboard ads (FB,) to announce what idiots they are. I did some seriously stupid shit, but I knew better than to blab all over town about it.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:41 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:39 pm

Same. My dad basically dumped me into a rented room, and said ‘swim’.

I didn’t at first, but eventually figured it out.
Dinner... what to do about dinner.... mmmmmmm Ramen noodles. They were good the last eight nights, so it will work tonight, too.

;)

But, wait, what if I couch dive for change! Maybe enough for a box of powdered mac-n-cheese.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Without more details it's hard to say what his future looks like. I did a lot of crazy shit, I could write a trilogy. Stay involved and be a father.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:37 pm
Kids now do not have the freedom to fuck up like Gen X did. They have one shot. It's not just crimes either. Social media, everything. Say the wrong thing in your youth, and your entire life is affected.

There are no second chances for kids now.
Ya, it's some bullshit. No more boys will be boys. Oh, and fuck gillete.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:30 pm

I’m very sorry this happened to your family. Just don’t lose sight of your other son right now, as difficult as it may be. This will affect him emotionally too and sometimes kids don’t want to put more burden on their parents.
:royalty-queen:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:46 pm

What?

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:51 pm

KtK, that really sucks, I have a 19 year old son and can't imagine how it feels, at least your boy is still alive. But to keep him so, these are dangerous times, you need to address the drinking and presumed other substances. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that yet. Get a good lawyer, then a good shrink or other form of psychological intervention like TeenAA. He's still young, it's not like he's got decades of bad habits to break like some of us.

If cost is the issue, is he eligible for Medicaid? My wife runs an urban mental health clinic and sees tons of teens. Go to the biggest hospital nearby and see what they're resources are.
Last edited by brewster on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:53 pm

then a good shrink
No

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:56 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:53 pm
then a good shrink
No
Says the role model.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Kill the King

Post by Kill the King » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:00 pm

Thanks for all the responses. Just going through them all