Trump and Giuliani threaten Cohen’s family? Thoughts?

clubgop

Re: Trump and Giuliani threaten Cohen’s family? Thoughts?

Post by clubgop » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:13 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:01 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:21 am
JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 am

Cohen seems to think he was threatened. Maybe he's lying. But then why risk whatever sweet deal he's got going?
When staring into a barrel of vipers it's difficult to tell why any particular one is wiggling.
/shrug

But given only the information I've seen here it sounds like Cohen wants to back out of testifying.
That seemes to be his first response. right?
Not "OMG prosecute them for threatening my family"
-or-
"I want protection for my family because that sounded like a threat"
-or-
"Clarify what you mean because that sounded threatening"

Nope. Instantly he turns to "this can get me out of testifying".

Weird reaction, man. Don't you think?
Or is there more to the story?
Seems less weird if he knows he's dealing with powerful forces and would rather go to jail than risk his family. And without a doubt he would rather not testify if he could also avoid jail time.

Well, there's a couple possibilities. As Trump has suggested, it could be that testifying would save his family.

http://fortune.com/2019/01/23/cohen-del ... -giuliani/
In a Fox News interview last month, Trump said Cohen’s father-in-law “is a very rich guy, I hear.” Referring to Cohen, the president asked, “Did he make a deal to keep his father-in-law out? Did he make a deal to keep his wife, who supposedly, maybe I’m wrong, but you can check it, did he make keep — make a deal to keep his wife out of trouble?”
Only problem is, if Cohen is testifying against Trump to save his family from prosecution, (something Trump suggests without evidence) that would make it all the stranger to back out after his family is repeatedly mentioned by Trump and Giuliani, because the people that Cohen made a plea deal with would know what Trump is talking about and they'd know it's not a threat by Trump, and thus Cohen couldn't fool them into giving his family immunity anyway.

But if Trump is indeed threatening Cohen's family, then by backing out, he's ensuring his family's safety and prosecutors might sympathize with him and cut him a deal anyway. This seems more consistent with the chain of events.

Now it could be that for some reason he really really doesn't want to testify, despite earlier making a deal with the prosecutor's, so he's risking jail time by making up a story that Trump is after his family, he's hoping the prosecutor's will buy it and cut him a deal even if he doesn't testify.

Here's words from a friend of Cohen:
Cohen friend Donny Deutsch, an advertising executive, said that Cohen has been increasingly worried that Trump would retaliate against him by further attacking his family if he testified.

“He was panicked. He was like ‘he’s going after my father-in-law. Are my children next?’” Deutsch said on MSNBC on Jan. 18. Deutsch said Cohen told him, “you have no idea what this man is capable of.”
We're dealing with a rat so it's hard to say for sure. The most consistent theory IMO is that Trump and Giuliani have dirt on Cohen's family and they're dog whistling that fact to discourage him from testifying.
Donny Deutsch? Holy shit! Forget it, he blew it. All credibility lost. As if he some neutral 3rd party that hasn't supported Dems at every single turn and hasn't had it out for Trump since day one. Yup. Hash has this pegged, this is a useless hack bitch drive by. Nice try dirty dick, got caught lying again.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 am

WALLS CLOSING IN

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:29 am

clubgop wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:13 am
JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:01 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:21 am

When staring into a barrel of vipers it's difficult to tell why any particular one is wiggling.
/shrug

But given only the information I've seen here it sounds like Cohen wants to back out of testifying.
That seemes to be his first response. right?
Not "OMG prosecute them for threatening my family"
-or-
"I want protection for my family because that sounded like a threat"
-or-
"Clarify what you mean because that sounded threatening"

Nope. Instantly he turns to "this can get me out of testifying".

Weird reaction, man. Don't you think?
Or is there more to the story?
Seems less weird if he knows he's dealing with powerful forces and would rather go to jail than risk his family. And without a doubt he would rather not testify if he could also avoid jail time.

Well, there's a couple possibilities. As Trump has suggested, it could be that testifying would save his family.

http://fortune.com/2019/01/23/cohen-del ... -giuliani/
In a Fox News interview last month, Trump said Cohen’s father-in-law “is a very rich guy, I hear.” Referring to Cohen, the president asked, “Did he make a deal to keep his father-in-law out? Did he make a deal to keep his wife, who supposedly, maybe I’m wrong, but you can check it, did he make keep — make a deal to keep his wife out of trouble?”
Only problem is, if Cohen is testifying against Trump to save his family from prosecution, (something Trump suggests without evidence) that would make it all the stranger to back out after his family is repeatedly mentioned by Trump and Giuliani, because the people that Cohen made a plea deal with would know what Trump is talking about and they'd know it's not a threat by Trump, and thus Cohen couldn't fool them into giving his family immunity anyway.

But if Trump is indeed threatening Cohen's family, then by backing out, he's ensuring his family's safety and prosecutors might sympathize with him and cut him a deal anyway. This seems more consistent with the chain of events.

Now it could be that for some reason he really really doesn't want to testify, despite earlier making a deal with the prosecutor's, so he's risking jail time by making up a story that Trump is after his family, he's hoping the prosecutor's will buy it and cut him a deal even if he doesn't testify.

Here's words from a friend of Cohen:
Cohen friend Donny Deutsch, an advertising executive, said that Cohen has been increasingly worried that Trump would retaliate against him by further attacking his family if he testified.

“He was panicked. He was like ‘he’s going after my father-in-law. Are my children next?’” Deutsch said on MSNBC on Jan. 18. Deutsch said Cohen told him, “you have no idea what this man is capable of.”
We're dealing with a rat so it's hard to say for sure. The most consistent theory IMO is that Trump and Giuliani have dirt on Cohen's family and they're dog whistling that fact to discourage him from testifying.
Donny Deutsch? Holy shit! Forget it, he blew it. All credibility lost. As if he some neutral 3rd party that hasn't supported Dems at every single turn and hasn't had it out for Trump since day one. Yup. Hash has this pegged, this is a useless hack bitch drive by. Nice try dirty dick, got caught lying again.
https://variety.com/2015/tv/news/donald ... 201568856/
Speaking at the Television Critics Association panel Wednesday for his upcoming USA comedy series, Deutsch said that he and Trump are friends — their kids go to the same school and Deutsch appeared on the first three seasons of “The Apprentice” while Trump appeared on Deutsch’s CNBC talk show “The Big Idea.” Deutsch bragged that he even has Trump’s phone number. But he admitted he wasn’t sure about his presidential run.
Apparently you know all about him yet you didn't know he and Trump were good friends? Lol Tough break, little man.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:36 am

Just thinking out loud here..

Maybe you should be more concerned about thousands of death threats leveled against children by democrats than fake news accusations that Trump is "out to get" somebody.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:43 am

Change the subject much?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:50 am

No, it's 100% on target. You want to know why we think you are a joke. There it is.

My thoughts: liberals want me to get upset about their fake news lies while they actively threaten to burn children alive for daring to wear a MAGA hat. I remain skeptical that you possess agency and reason at this point. Those are my thoughts.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:57 am

Shut yo bitch ass up, nigga.

And Clubby/Hash, this ain't a drive by, this is a stop-by, as in I stopped by to fuck up your neighborhood, that's why my ride is parked on your lawn, I could give a fuck if you like my jams, if ya lookin for smoke ya found it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:16 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:33 am

I, for one, am having a great time watching the conspiracy nuts turning Giuliani into an evil-genius-Lex-Luthor criminal mastermind.

That's like turning Justin Bieber into Frank Sinatra. Ring-a-Ding-Ding!
It must have been the frozen yogurt.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:52 am

OMG OMG OMG! But what are your thoughts about Cohen's friend's allegation that Trump might threaten Cohen's family????

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:57 am
Shut yo bitch ass up, nigga.

And Clubby/Hash, this ain't a drive by, this is a stop-by, as in I stopped by to fuck up your neighborhood, that's why my ride is parked on your lawn, I could give a fuck if you like my jams, if ya lookin for smoke ya found it.
:lol:

Yous a fewl JD.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"