Trump and Giuliani threaten Cohen’s family? Thoughts?

TheReal_ND

Re: Trump and Giuliani threaten Cohen’s family? Thoughts?

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:50 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:49 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:41 pm
This time for sure.
Come on dude, how many times do I have to say I don't think they'll get him on this.
Dude what are you even on about exactly?

Somebody watch this guy.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:52 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:48 pm
the Cohen father in law story is what the thread is about, and it's an interesting story.
I want to believe there is something interesting here. I just don't see it. What is interesting about the umpteenth person claiming something about Trump?

Like what's the angle here? You seem to be on about Trump making veiled threats to his father in law. Which seems like a stretch on the face of it. Is it witness tampering? Maybe a lawyer could argue that but to me no. Should Trump not even tweet about ongoing cases against him? Well I guess he never gets to tweet because he will never not have an ongoing case against him.
The angle is whether Trump is threatening Cohen or not. I asked for opinions and discussion, I got a little bit of that, but there's a resistance to even entertain the idea that the mainstream media could be on to something in regards to Trump.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:55 pm

I would sooner line the MSM up in front of a ditch and put a bullet in the back of their individual heads one by one than entertain them. I can't even listen to them to find out what fresh hell they are up to I just start screaming at the TV and pounding my fist on the table.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
This time for sure.
Come on dude, how many times do I have to say I don't think they'll get him on this.
JD, there's serious Trump is evil fatigue, and it's just not at this site. But state your case and stay on it if you're passionate about it. I get passionate about corruption issues myself. I spent months following and researching Benghazi, I was right that it was about smuggling arms to Syria. But I had to drop it, because no one cares and no one in the Obama admin will be prosecuted. It's the same thing for the FBI corruption and illegal spying on Trump right now. Blatant witch hunt, lots of DOJ and FBI folks fired and forced into retirement, but not one criminal charge yet.

If this is your thread, make it your thread, keep posting evidence and articles you find. I'll read them.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:02 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:55 pm
I would sooner line the MSM up in front of a ditch and put a bullet in the back of their individual heads one by one than entertain them. I can't even listen to them to find out what fresh hell they are up to I just start screaming at the TV and pounding my fist on the table.
Ok, clearly you're angry and I shouldn't have mentioned the MSM. It's tough because that's where a lot of news comes from, if you ignore it you'll be uninformed. In fact it's best to take news from a variety of sources.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:02 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm
JohnDonne wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
This time for sure.
JD, there's serious Trump is evil fatigue, and it's just not at this site. But state your case and stay on it if you're passionate about it. I get passionate about corruption issues myself. I spent months following and researching Benghazi, I was right that it was about smuggling arms to Syria. But I had to drop it, because no one cares and no one in the Obama admin will be prosecuted. It's the same thing for the FBI corruption and illegal spying on Trump right now. Blatant witch hunt, lots of DOJ and FBI folks fired and forced into retirement, but not one criminal charge yet.

If this is your thread, make it your thread, keep posting evidence and articles you find. I'll read them.
I appreciate that Carlus.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:02 am
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm
JohnDonne wrote:

I appreciate that Carlus.
It's not that we don't appreciate your opinion and thoughts. To the contrary we want them more than you might know..................... speaking for more than myself, we tire of the drive by.

BroGrump and Monte run counter to most voices here, but they contribute in great ways to the community.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:47 pm
Ambiguous Ad: "New announcement coming soon, watch this space"

JD: "OMG, did they just threaten that space? Seems pretty obvious they did"
Cohen seems to think he was threatened. Maybe he's lying. But then why risk whatever sweet deal he's got going?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:21 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 am
DBTrek wrote:

Cohen seems to think he was threatened. Maybe he's lying. But then why risk whatever sweet deal he's got going?
When staring into a barrel of vipers it's difficult to tell why any particular one is wiggling.
/shrug

But given only the information I've seen here it sounds like Cohen wants to back out of testifying.
That seemes to be his first response. right?
Not "OMG prosecute them for threatening my family"
-or-
"I want protection for my family because that sounded like a threat"
-or-
"Clarify what you mean because that sounded threatening"

Nope. Instantly he turns to "this can get me out of testifying".

Weird reaction, man. Don't you think?
Or is there more to the story?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:01 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:21 am
JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 am
DBTrek wrote:

When staring into a barrel of vipers it's difficult to tell why any particular one is wiggling.
/shrug

But given only the information I've seen here it sounds like Cohen wants to back out of testifying.
That seemes to be his first response. right?
Not "OMG prosecute them for threatening my family"
-or-
"I want protection for my family because that sounded like a threat"
-or-
"Clarify what you mean because that sounded threatening"

Nope. Instantly he turns to "this can get me out of testifying".

Weird reaction, man. Don't you think?
Or is there more to the story?
Seems less weird if he knows he's dealing with powerful forces and would rather go to jail than risk his family. And without a doubt he would rather not testify if he could also avoid jail time.

Well, there's a couple possibilities. As Trump has suggested, it could be that testifying would save his family.

http://fortune.com/2019/01/23/cohen-del ... -giuliani/
In a Fox News interview last month, Trump said Cohen’s father-in-law “is a very rich guy, I hear.” Referring to Cohen, the president asked, “Did he make a deal to keep his father-in-law out? Did he make a deal to keep his wife, who supposedly, maybe I’m wrong, but you can check it, did he make keep — make a deal to keep his wife out of trouble?”
Only problem is, if Cohen is testifying against Trump to save his family from prosecution, (something Trump suggests without evidence) that would make it all the stranger to back out after his family is repeatedly mentioned by Trump and Giuliani, because the people that Cohen made a plea deal with would know what Trump is talking about and they'd know it's not a threat by Trump, and thus Cohen couldn't fool them into giving his family immunity anyway.

But if Trump is indeed threatening Cohen's family, then by backing out, he's ensuring his family's safety and prosecutors might sympathize with him and cut him a deal anyway. This seems more consistent with the chain of events.

Now it could be that for some reason he really really doesn't want to testify, despite earlier making a deal with the prosecutor's, so he's risking jail time by making up a story that Trump is after his family, he's hoping the prosecutor's will buy it and cut him a deal even if he doesn't testify.

Here's words from a friend of Cohen:
Cohen friend Donny Deutsch, an advertising executive, said that Cohen has been increasingly worried that Trump would retaliate against him by further attacking his family if he testified.

“He was panicked. He was like ‘he’s going after my father-in-law. Are my children next?’” Deutsch said on MSNBC on Jan. 18. Deutsch said Cohen told him, “you have no idea what this man is capable of.”
We're dealing with a rat so it's hard to say for sure. The most consistent theory IMO is that Trump and Giuliani have dirt on Cohen's family and they're dog whistling that fact to discourage him from testifying.