Fake News

C-Mag

Re: Fake News

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Melania should be a star, she's an immigrant, multi-lingual, loves fashion...………. everything the press loves to drool over. Now if she could just get rid of that Orange Tumor on her arm she would really be something.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:46 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:30 pm
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:43 pm

I use 'em to. I am trying to stop.

On journalism: Coastal media empires were way too fucking pleased with Obama. I don't think they were gas lighting in an intentionally duplicitous way, they just got caught up in Hope... and Change. They are human, they fucked up. It is going to be a long-ass time before they are respected, and they deserve it.

Because we all need a world where we can agree on reality, I hope their rehab is sooner rather than later, but I am not holding my breath.

On Trump: He made this obvious, in the most disappointing way.

Now, this is a lot of opinion, so forgive me, but I think Trump is legitimately retarded, but an idiot-savant manipulator who can take the pulse of a crowd, and adjust his retard brain accordingly. He said shit we wanted to be true. Leftists, anti-Globalists, Politics-is downstream-from-culture-conservatives. Everyone who had a gripe that was ignored by the technocrats. But a con man or a stage magician never tells you a lie that is likely, they tell you a lie that makes you feel good. (Hope and Change are probably pretty good examples.)

I want to believe all our problems are China's fault, and that stagnant wages are South and Central America's fault. Or that our civilization would be healed if progressives weren't all up on college campuses. But, I doubt it. It would be too fucking good to be true.

On Syria: I hope this time it is different. You got a lot of deep staters that were around when Obama started reducing American forces in the ME who said it was a bad fucking idea. They were right. We got ISIS. Thanks Obama.
It might be different this time, but I don't blame the neo-cons who are a little cagey about repeating Obama's mistakes. The fact that MSNBC is all on board with foreign adventurism, now that Orange Man Bad is in charge, is annoying, but doesn't really change the essential point that we have very recent history that tells us to be cautious.
Have you ever considered how this era of time will be viewed, especially the press' reaction to Trump? Do you think in 50 years Trump will be viewed more or less favorably than the media during the early 21st century? My inclination is less, but that is because academics and journalists will also be writing about it in the future lol. If you look at conventional media/academia wisdom over the history of our country, it changes like hats. I wonder if the media will only get worse, or if some big event will happen that will cause everyone to forget all this shit.
If I am lucky, I will be dead in 50 years, so it won't be my fucking problem.

That being said, my favorite presidents are Jackson and Nixon, two presidents Trump is often compared with. They were fringe lunatics about a lot of shit, but they were interesting, and fought against the status-quo. Because they were controversial, we have a lot of information and a lot of counterfactuals about them. I assume Trump will be treated the same way. Might take more than 50 years though.

As for the media? We are probably entering either a new enlightenment or a new dark age, or one followed by the other. I think within 50 years we will have learned to really appreciate the gatekeepers the internet destroyed, and within 100 years, we will hate the gatekeepers again, if there is anyone around.

Giving idiots the internet is probably about as dangerous as giving them the Wycliffe Bible, yet, here we all are, arguing and shitposting in the vulgate. Could be worse.
Man, I kind of like Nixon in a begrudging way. I cannot get behind a lot of his shit, but he is such an interesting dude. Kind of like an uncharismatic Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate. That movie is awesome until towards the end, when it gets stupid and kind of sad. That's how I view Nixon. Like, this is a fun ride, damnit, this ends badly.

Have you read Rick Perlstein's Nixonland? The guy is a liberal dicksuck, but its a pretty damn good book. He wrote one on Reagan and another on Goldwater I want to read. Check the book out if you have the chance. Also, have you seen Oliver Stone's Nixon? It is among my favorite 90's movies, and one of the three Stone movies that are actually good. Watch it if you haven't.

What is your favorite book on Nixon?
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Was Truman wrong for not listening to the Generals ?
PLATA O PLOMO

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:29 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:23 pm
That guy was a commie sleeper cell agent. Goddamn Democrat seizing steel mills and doing shady shit.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:19 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:05 pm
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Fortunately, they are pretty fuckin rare, State-side, bruh.
So says the MSM.
You wanna die on that metaphor? ;)
No, but I can't say I won't chuckle if you get mauled by a zebra tomorrow morning when you go to meet your "friend" at the truck stop.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:39 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:29 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:23 pm
That guy was a commie sleeper cell agent. Goddamn Democrat seizing steel mills and doing shady shit.
But was he wrong
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:03 am

This is what my Google news feed is filled with:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/1 ... /23628131/

https://www.thisisinsider.com/barry-mcc ... aq-2018-12

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... t-revealed

It's just all propaganda and distortion. Probably a good number of lies in there, but I am too sick of it to track all the bullshit down they are peddling.

The MSM is really fucking revolting.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:06 am

I think where NPCs like HM go wrong here is that they read this garbage and assume it's all true until proven false. That's fucking stupid given these people's track record and commitment to deceiving people. Assume the story is false, or at the very least heavily distorted against Trump. If you want to come at me with one of these stories, be prepared to track down the facts in the story to show that this particular example is not more lying propaganda, because honestly I am done with this entire industry.

I don't even believe "Journalism" was ever anything but a shitshow at this point. We only just now are seeing exactly how fucking evil it is.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:44 am

The Seal Team photo op sounds real bad. This is the kind of thing that will get drive-by news consumers to think yet again that Trump is bad and he's endangering lives.

Then I read a couple of the stories reporting on this. It says how bad it is that he revealed the identities of Seal Team members. Then the stories proceed to include the video. If it is sooooo bad, then why are these media outlets giving the video an even wider audience by including it in their own story? If this is such a bad thing, why did they let the photos be taken in the first place? Trump didn't take a selfie, so he's not the one personally posting it. Again, if it is so important these things be kept secret, why isn't there someone in charge of making sure these photos either do get taken or the people taking them are clearly informed that they need to be kept secret?

Yet most of the people I interact with daily will only see the headline, maybe skim one of the stories, and come back with the opinion that Trump personally posted the photo and endangered the lives of military personnel.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:52 am

It's not bad. If they didn't want their photos taken, then they would not have posed for a photo with the President. It isn't like he was just meeting them and somebody took a stealth shot of them. They stood there and smiled for the camera. SEALs are a bunch of attention whores anyway. They have been putting themselves out in the spotlight for years now.

The MSM are fucking assholes.