Fake News

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Fake News

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:43 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:20 pm
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:01 pm

But that doesn't invalidate journalism, writ-large, or vindicate source-free, attention seeking, click-bate e-blogging.
I Love the Use of Caps...…………… sorry bro, Embrace the Suck :D

We are pretty much in the same place. Journalists invalidate journalism, not me. Recent example, I got to watch Maddow, Cuomo and Blitzer all tell me how horrible it was the Americans might step out of a the Syrian war.

Trump has caused these journalists to reveal themselves as hateful, intolerant and duplicitious in a way we haven't seen before. Half of it is because they came out early and laughed at him and they don't want him to have the last laugh. The other half is that he represents a large majority of Americans who have not been represented by either the Dems or GOP, ie. the Uniparty.
I use 'em to. I am trying to stop.

On journalism: Coastal media empires were way too fucking pleased with Obama. I don't think they were gas lighting in an intentionally duplicitous way, they just got caught up in Hope... and Change. They are human, they fucked up. It is going to be a long-ass time before they are respected, and they deserve it.

Because we all need a world where we can agree on reality, I hope their rehab is sooner rather than later, but I am not holding my breath.

On Trump: He made this obvious, in the most disappointing way.

Now, this is a lot of opinion, so forgive me, but I think Trump is legitimately retarded, but an idiot-savant manipulator who can take the pulse of a crowd, and adjust his retard brain accordingly. He said shit we wanted to be true. Leftists, anti-Globalists, Politics-is downstream-from-culture-conservatives. Everyone who had a gripe that was ignored by the technocrats. But a con man or a stage magician never tells you a lie that is likely, they tell you a lie that makes you feel good. (Hope and Change are probably pretty good examples.)

I want to believe all our problems are China's fault, and that stagnant wages are South and Central America's fault. Or that our civilization would be healed if progressives weren't all up on college campuses. But, I doubt it. It would be too fucking good to be true.

On Syria: I hope this time it is different. You got a lot of deep staters that were around when Obama started reducing American forces in the ME who said it was a bad fucking idea. They were right. We got ISIS. Thanks Obama.
It might be different this time, but I don't blame the neo-cons who are a little cagey about repeating Obama's mistakes. The fact that MSNBC is all on board with foreign adventurism, now that Orange Man Bad is in charge, is annoying, but doesn't really change the essential point that we have very recent history that tells us to be cautious.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:51 pm

is this true? surprised this wasn't a headline across mainstream outlets nationwide. maybe michelle went to afghanistan, idk

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:08 pm

At HM, +1 good post

Caps, the drug of choice of Great Posters ! :dance:

BHO: He pushed all the buttons the vintage media had come to love. How was that, he's a clean, articulate black man. BHO of 2007 campaign trail was pretty quickly reigned in by the Deep State. He was easily turned into a figurehead, the guy never really had a job or did anything in his life before, but he had an Ivy League education and allowed the press and America to prove it was no longer racist by electing the guy. He sounded great reading others words, but take away the teleprompter and he's a stuttering fool. Plus he was dyed in the wool Leftist, just like the press. I also think the press see themselves as the gatekeepers, they get to dictate who run in the general election. Trump ruined that.

Trump: He made it obvious :clap:
He's no fool. That's what he establishment and press said about him, but they keep getting beat by him. BHO was no genius and neither is Trump. You say Con man, he's a sales man at minimum. Trumps area of genius is timing. Go back an listen to his earliest interviews in the early 80s, or the 90s, he was saying the same shit then as he does now. Insert Japan for China is about the only change. He toyed with a POTUS run in 2000, time wasn't right and pulled out.

Syria: I'm a Classic Liberal, so I always want to reduce our foreign entanglements. If we need to fight wars, so be it. Hell, I'm even willing to give the 'Experts' presented to us credibility on when that needs to happen. However, I don't like fucking around with war. If we are going to go to war, Let's Fucking Go to War. Total War. Requires Congress to Declare War, mobilize the Economy and Draft young Americans into Service. No mister nice guys Rules of Engagement, bomb cities, total destruction, Win the Fucking War and come home.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:10 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:51 pm

is this true? surprised this wasn't a headline across mainstream outlets nationwide. maybe michelle went to afghanistan, idk
:lol:
The press has run more positive stories recently about Michael Obama as FLOTUS, than any stories about Melania.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:23 pm

@ C-mag...

And people say we live in bubbles where a filthy collectivist faggot like me, and an unhinged right wing hillbilly like you, can't agree on the basic shape of the world.

:D
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:43 pm

On journalism: Coastal media empires were way too fucking pleased with Obama. I don't think they were gas lighting in an intentionally duplicitous way, they just got caught up in Hope... and Change. They are human, they fucked up. It is going to be a long-ass time before they are respected, and they deserve it.

Because we all need a world where we can agree on reality, I hope their rehab is sooner rather than later, but I am not holding my breath.

Now, this is a lot of opinion, so forgive me, but I think Trump is legitimately retarded, but an idiot-savant manipulator who can take the pulse of a crowd, and adjust his retard brain accordingly. He said shit we wanted to be true. Leftists, anti-Globalists, Politics-is downstream-from-culture-conservatives. Everyone who had a gripe that was ignored by the technocrats. But a con man or a stage magician never tells you a lie that is likely, they tell you a lie that makes you feel good. (Hope and Change are probably pretty good examples.)

I want to believe all our problems are China's fault, and that stagnant wages are South and Central America's fault. Or that our civilization would be healed if progressives weren't all up on college campuses. But, I doubt it. It would be too fucking good to be true.

On Syria: I hope this time it is different. You got a lot of deep staters that were around when Obama started reducing American forces in the ME who said it was a bad fucking idea. They were right. We got ISIS. Thanks Obama.
It might be different this time, but I don't blame the neo-cons who are a little cagey about repeating Obama's mistakes. The fact that MSNBC is all on board with foreign adventurism, now that Orange Man Bad is in charge, is annoying, but doesn't really change the essential point that we have very recent history that tells us to be cautious.
Have you ever considered how this era of time will be viewed, especially the press' reaction to Trump? Do you think in 50 years Trump will be viewed more or less favorably than the media during the early 21st century? My inclination is less, but that is because academics and journalists will also be writing about it in the future lol. If you look at conventional media/academia wisdom over the history of our country, it changes like hats. I wonder if the media will only get worse, or if some big event will happen that will cause everyone to forget all this shit.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Also, ISIS happened in the vacuum left when we destabilized the country. Leaving Iraq didn't help, but fuck, I can't help thinking that the invasion was far worse in creating this issue. Staying somewhere indefinitely to prevent future problems that are likely inevitable in one way or another is not a smart strategy either.
Shikata ga nai

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:46 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:30 pm
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Have you ever considered how this era of time will be viewed, especially the press' reaction to Trump? Do you think in 50 years Trump will be viewed more or less favorably than the media during the early 21st century? My inclination is less, but that is because academics and journalists will also be writing about it in the future lol. If you look at conventional media/academia wisdom over the history of our country, it changes like hats. I wonder if the media will only get worse, or if some big event will happen that will cause everyone to forget all this shit.
If I am lucky, I will be dead in 50 years, so it won't be my fucking problem.

That being said, my favorite presidents are Jackson and Nixon, two presidents Trump is often compared with. They were fringe lunatics about a lot of shit, but they were interesting, and fought against the status-quo. Because they were controversial, we have a lot of information and a lot of counterfactuals about them. I assume Trump will be treated the same way. Might take more than 50 years though.

As for the media? We are probably entering either a new enlightenment or a new dark age, or one followed by the other. I think within 50 years we will have learned to really appreciate the gatekeepers the internet destroyed, and within 100 years, we will hate the gatekeepers again, if there is anyone around.

Giving idiots the internet is probably about as dangerous as giving them the Wycliffe Bible, yet, here we all are, arguing and shitposting in the vulgate. Could be worse.
HAIL!

-Hwen

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:05 pm

i just get my news from memes now

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:23 pm
@ C-mag...

And people say we live in bubbles where a filthy collectivist faggot like me, and an unhinged right wing hillbilly like you, can't agree on the basic shape of the world.

:D
You're one of my favorite Filthy Collectivist Faggots ;)

Good Talk
PLATA O PLOMO