Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:42 am

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:40 am
You say that they are fine people, but I don't buy it. I wouldn't loan money to anyone who went bankrupt 6 times and has a gambling problem.
That's ok though 'cos the Russians still would ask Cult45.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:51 am

I don't get that reference. I'm too busy finding empirical source after source that show without a doubt that Greeks spend their day filling out welfare forms.
Shikata ga nai

Otern

Post by Otern » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:53 am

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 am
Otern wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 am
They didn't bail out Greece. They bailed out the German banks lending money to Greece. Greece is still fucked, but Germany was saved.

Another argument against the EU. Greece would still be poor, but at least they wouldn't be flirting with Nazism and Communism. I guess everyone needs to believe in something. Seems like you could find a better god than a ridiculous pie in the sky utopian Pan European system. But I realize that I can't convert a true believer. Your entire continent will be a burning rubble, and you will insist that the EU would work in principle, but it just wasn't tried properly the first time. Carry on with your Lazy Laconian Apologism.
If you think I'm in any way pro-EU, you should stop sniffing glue. Or learn to read. Preferably both.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:57 am

Otern wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:53 am
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 am
Otern wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 am
They didn't bail out Greece. They bailed out the German banks lending money to Greece. Greece is still fucked, but Germany was saved.

Another argument against the EU. Greece would still be poor, but at least they wouldn't be flirting with Nazism and Communism. I guess everyone needs to believe in something. Seems like you could find a better god than a ridiculous pie in the sky utopian Pan European system. But I realize that I can't convert a true believer. Your entire continent will be a burning rubble, and you will insist that the EU would work in principle, but it just wasn't tried properly the first time. Carry on with your Lazy Laconian Apologism.
If you think I'm in any way pro-EU, you should stop sniffing glue. Or learn to read. Preferably both.
I stand corrected, Greece is a far better country than Norway. They are certainly less rude and don't stoop so low as to insult people on the internet. Why would you make such a rude comment? Seriously, I'm gonna give you a chance to apologize, because I know you didn't really mean that.
Shikata ga nai

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:31 pm

I suspect that's "hours worked by people with a job" not "average hours worked per citizen."

Many collapsing places have a few people desperately trying to hold it all together.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:31 pm
I suspect that's "hours worked by people with a job" not "average hours worked per citizen."

Many collapsing places have a few people desperately trying to hold it all together.
It's more a reflection of productivity. The more productive countries like Germany work fewer hours than the less productive countries like Greece.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm
nmoore63 wrote:

It's more a reflection of productivity. The more productive countries like Germany work fewer hours than the less productive countries like Greece.
That is pretty much ass backwards, dude. Greeks don't work for shit. Greeks are famous for not working.

Germans work almost as hard as Americans. Americans work almost as hard as Japanese. The correlation between massive productivity and work ethic is pretty obvious, Monty.

In fact, I would argue the productivity per capita of a nation is itself a product of average IQ and the work ethic of that nation. Work hard *and* work smartly. I don't think that should be argued, but I suppose you will deny it.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm
nmoore63 wrote:

That is pretty much ass backwards, dude. Greeks don't work for shit. Greeks are famous for not working.

Germans work almost as hard as Americans. Americans work almost as hard as Japanese. The correlation between massive productivity and work ethic is pretty obvious, Monty.

In fact, I would argue the productivity per capita of a nation is itself a product of average IQ and the work ethic of that nation. Work hard *and* work smartly. I don't think that should be argued, but I suppose you will deny it.
I was trying to explain to Monte and Otern that Greeks are lazy, dependent on welfare, and don't pay taxes (or lie feloniously on their forms) and instead of listening to reason her and monte just attacked me viciously. Unbelievable.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Greeks invented philosophy and culture and Western civilization. They conqured Asia minor and produced, plays, and works of impressive art and architecture. Now they just collect benefits and riot. How the mighty have fallen.
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:32 pm

France so dumb.
French President Emmanuel Macron announced a range of conciliatory measures aimed at appeasing "yellow vest" protesters, including increasing the minimum wage and cancelling a planned social security tax hike for pensioners earning less than 2,000 euros.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/12/ ... 31434.html

"Sorry guys, sorry. Raises for millions people and no new taxes to pay for them. My bad. We'll all just keep living off unicorn farts and fairy dust"
:lol:

Tune in next year for the "France is bankrupt" riots, where minimum wage will be raised to one wheelbarrow of cash per hour.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"