Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Martin Hash

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:48 am

Just got Blocked by posting this to FB:

If "Nazi," "Hitler," "racist," "bigot," "Islamophobe," "misogynist" & "xenophobe" were declared Hate speech, The Left wouldn't be able to construct a complete sentence.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:48 am

If "Nazi," "Hitler," "racist," "bigot," "Islamophobe," "misogynist" & "xenophobe" were declared Hate speech, The Left wouldn't be able to construct a complete sentence.
I had a post deleted on PF.com for calling someone's opinions bigotted. I also had one removed for calling someone too lazy to read the thread.
One of their right-leaning moderators is particularly sensitive to anything which might be construed as a personal insult.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 am

Question: what do you call a group of opponents to whom you cannot even talk or negotiate?

Answer: enemy combatants.

Something to think about lefties..

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:58 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 am
Martin Hash wrote:

I had a post deleted on PF.com for calling someone's opinions bigotted. I also had one removed for calling someone too lazy to read the thread.
One of their right-leaning moderators is particularly sensitive to anything which might be construed as a personal insult.
Are you saying you can't construct a complete sentence?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:58 am

Question- what do you call someone who calls political opponents enemy combatants.

Answer- a keyboard warrior.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:02 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:58 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 am
Martin Hash wrote:

Are you saying you can't construct a complete sentence?
No, I'm saying that not only the left run to their safe space when confronted by an uncomfortable truth.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:10 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:02 am

No, I'm saying that not only the left run to their safe space when confronted by an uncomfortable truth.

“Not only”, but overwhelmingly.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:03 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:34 am
Elitists drive cars too...
There's a difference in your average urbanite car owner, and your average rural car owner. A car in a city is a luxury, while a car in a rural area, is a necessity.

So driving up the prices of gasoline might look like a luxury tax to urbanites, while it's a tax on necessities on ruralites.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Effective city planning could reduce quite a lot emissions in metropolitan areas. Better, cheaper, and safer public transportation that gets you pretty close to where you need to go would make cars pointless in cities. It's really expensive to own and operate a car in Chicago, and it's really a pain in the ass. People do it because the public transportation might not be great where they live and the zoning doesn't place every place they need to visit in easily accessible locations. In the suburban areas, the buses are run like a fuck you program to the poor. Terrible wait times, not full coverage, etc.

In America, cities were literally designed to force people to drive -- by the very progressives that now want to penalize everybody for driving I might add.

I think Europe has somewhat better planning than we do, though.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:23 pm

You would die if you tried to live in Ephrata without a car.
(you could get by with a horse I suppose)