Europe, Boring Until it's Not

BjornP

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by BjornP » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:32 pm
Plotting to kill a head of state is not a protest it is a terrorist crime.
Really? Any head of state?

So if someone plotted to kill Kim Jung Un, Bashir Assad or the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, they are "terrorists"? Do you know the origin of that word, terrorism, by any chance?

And no, that doesn't mean that plotting to kill a democratically elected head of state is ok or legitimate. But slapping "terrorism" on any threats to the state is not just ridiculous.

What's more ridiculous is some media insistance on regurgigating the bullshit about it just or primarily being "nationalists" and "right-wing racists" who oppose Macron's reforms. It's dishonest guilt by association excuses for letting fewer and fewer extremely rich people take more and more out of the wages of the majority of Europeans. Since you linked to a Guardian article, let me do the same:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... owen-jones

and

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fran ... SKBN1I60M9
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:31 am

When the French truly decide it is time to kill some government figures they bloody well do just that and then some. I am unconvinced.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:40 am

Did they find an infernal machine when they raided them? Time for a new one.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:26 am

My ancestral lands tell the UN to bugger off on global immigration
“Slovakia will not support this United Nations pact under any circumstances and will not agree with it,” Pellegrini told reporters in Brussels after the summit where EU leaders approved the agreement on Britain’s withdrawal from the bloc...................................After Hungary, Austria, Poland, the Czech Republic, Croatia and Bulgaria, Slovenia
https://www.euractiv.com/section/future ... 1543212316
These countries are not buying the bullshit
The Most Dangerous Countries in Europe for Women Have Large Muslim Immigration
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/271213 ... greenfield
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:41 am

Polish PM says Europe cannot defend itself
Polish Prime Minister Says U.S. Is Only Real Guarantor of European Security
By Maciej Onoszko
‎November‎ ‎25‎, ‎2018‎ ‎11‎:‎36‎ ‎AM‎ ‎MST

Most European leaders twitter their fingers and talk about a future EU army. But nothing is happening.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... n-security
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:27 am

BjornP wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:32 pm
Plotting to kill a head of state is not a protest it is a terrorist crime.
Really? Any head of state?

So if someone plotted to kill Kim Jung Un, Bashir Assad or the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, they are "terrorists"? Do you know the origin of that word, terrorism, by any chance?

And no, that doesn't mean that plotting to kill a democratically elected head of state is ok or legitimate. But slapping "terrorism" on any threats to the state is not just ridiculous.

What's more ridiculous is some media insistance on regurgigating the bullshit about it just or primarily being "nationalists" and "right-wing racists" who oppose Macron's reforms. It's dishonest guilt by association excuses for letting fewer and fewer extremely rich people take more and more out of the wages of the majority of Europeans. Since you linked to a Guardian article, let me do the same:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... owen-jones

and

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fran ... SKBN1I60M9
Maybe you didn't read the thread?
We were talking about France. When I used the word "state" that is who I was referring to. A plot to kill the head of France is definitely an act of terrorism.

I won't bother responding to the rest of your post seeing as it doesn't seem to relate to anything I wrote.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:36 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:31 am
When the French truly decide it is time to kill some government figures they bloody well do just that and then some. I am unconvinced.
Not sure why you say that.
There were several failed assassination attempts on De Gaulle. Most famous of which was the far right plot fictionalised in "the day of the jackal".
There was also a failed attempt on the life of president Mitterrand.
Without going to Google, I can't actually name an assasinated French President from the last century.
Seems to me no Western country can match the US for assassinating it's leaders.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:21 am

Climate Change Taxes are creating Riots in France
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:26 am

More Climate Change Tax Revolt Riot action, now in it's 8th day, US corporate media pretty quiet.

My guess here is that citizens are using a truck to spray oil on a government building
Zap of Yellow shirts ?

Calais
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 am

I don't like high diesel prices either. I understand the reason for high taxes on fossil fuels though and I'm not about to start rioting about it.
I just make sure I don't waste fuel so I have to buy as little as possible.
European cars have always led the way in terms of fuel efficiency which is a positive effect of high fuel prices.
It's hard being green.

The French on the other hand treat rioting as a national pastime and will get to it "at the drop of a beret".
They were setting fire to lorries full of sheep not long ago to protest the high price of lamb.