RIP

heydaralon

Re: RIP

Post by heydaralon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:35 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:28 pm
my early takeaway from reactions to his death: wannabe nerds and wannabe edge lords both act like his cameos are what he's known for

lol
I liked his cameos, just not his comics, movies or when he'd appear in the movies.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:43 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
my early takeaway from reactions to his death: wannabe nerds and wannabe edge lords both act like his cameos are what he's known for

lol
Some of those cameos are very self serving. I wonder if Marvel with Princess Leia him into future films as a tribute.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:46 pm

To this day I still do not understand why anyone over 8 likes those movies. They are essentially a 2 hour pepsi commercial. No art involved at all.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:48 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:35 pm
pineapplemike wrote:

lol
I liked his cameos, just not his comics, movies or when he'd appear in the movies.
I don't know whether this is one of his cameos but if it is you have to be impressed.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:49 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:46 pm
To this day I still do not understand why anyone over 8 likes those movies. They are essentially a 2 hour pepsi commercial. No art involved at all.
I watched the first few with the kids, I even watched Black Panther because its reviews were so good...……….. and the film sucked so bad.

The only ones that I found entertaining were Iron Man I, Captain America I and Avengers I. After that pretty much crap.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:49 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:46 pm
I watched the first few with the kids, I even watched Black Panther because its reviews were so good...……….. and the film sucked so bad.

The only ones that I found entertaining were Iron Man I, Captain America I and Avengers I. After that pretty much crap.
Its like Star Wars. I remember loving the old ones a child, and then seeing the prequels and it was just cynical marketing. I watch silly and mindless stuff from time to time, but I can't sit still through one of those superhero movies. I remember so many people got angry about white people seeing black panther and just thinking to myself, blacks can have all the superhero movies.
Shikata ga nai

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:05 pm

lol the dude had to have been nearly 80 years old when he started doing movie cameos. no need to list his several comic book innovations or his wildly successful business accomplishments or his massive influence over mainstream culture, stan lee's reputation isn't in doubt.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:09 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:05 pm
lol the dude had to have been nearly 80 years old when he started doing movie cameos. no need to list his several comic book innovations or his wildly successful business accomplishments or his massive influence over mainstream culture, stan lee's reputation isn't in doubt.
The cameo's are not the issue dude. I don't like his movies. They have made like 5000 of these cookie cutter films in the last 15 years. Enough is enough.
Shikata ga nai

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Stan Lee wrote:“I have no standing at Marvel where I decide what projects get made or who gets hired, and certainly none at Disney, which now owns Marvel. I’m a guy they hire as a writer or producer and also to go to conventions and do things like that. Mostly I’m just a pretty face they keep for the public.”

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:27 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:16 pm
Stan Lee wrote:“I have no standing at Marvel where I decide what projects get made or who gets hired, and certainly none at Disney, which now owns Marvel. I’m a guy they hire as a writer or producer and also to go to conventions and do things like that. Mostly I’m just a pretty face they keep for the public.”
This is the same approach Marxists use when they are confronted with the widespread atrocities of the 20th century.

"This stuff happened after Marx so he can't be blamed for it! It wasn't real communism!"

Stan Lee was a cancer on our culture and society. His work singlehandedly gave our movie industry a lead paint milkshake to drink. He was also a bad person irl.
Last edited by heydaralon on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai