Social Justice Warriors Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:12 am

Maybe not exactly in those terms, though, since one could counter with the fact that it is white and Asian men making all the cargo, and women are mostly just play-pretending at competency.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:13 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 am
I'd just flat out admit it if I was her. Just tell the media there is only so much gibs to go around, and she is maximizing the cargo for her cargo cult (liberal women). Double down.
Yeah, any of us would have admitted it years ago.............. but not her, so she deserves our ridicule and mocking. If she had admitted it early, she could have blamed it on her mom or grandma for telling lies she believed. But nope, she's got infinite excuses and claims. She has built her entire political persona around being super oppressed.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 pm

And now Lindsey Graham is saying he's going to get a DNA test because he was told his grandmother was part Cherokee... He's not sure it's true, but he says if it is "I think I can beat her" (Warren). :lol:

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:42 pm

In the interest of accuracy (because I really don’t care unless a statement is clearly meant to misdirect, as this one is), the Cherokee spokesman said:

"A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person's ancestors were indigenous to North or South America," Hoskin said in a statement.

"Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong." Hoskin added. "It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven."

These are concepts that have nothing to do with each other. Genetics have nothing to do with citizenship. The overwhelmingly largest percentage of indigenous Americans in the US are from Central America. They do not belong to any tribe - tribal membership is a matter of citizenship, not degree of ancestry. I would agree that being indigenous is also a matter of culture, but you can’t strip someone of their ancestors because its uncomfortable to acknowledge the truth.

So, notice what he said: "A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship.“

Of course.

Then “Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person's ancestors were indigenous to North or South America.”

Notice he doesn’t mention Central America at all - the most Indian people in the country. There aren’t many South American Indians in the US and I doubt Warrens ancestors migrated from there in the 18th century so it’s useless to even bring them up.

"Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong."

Genetics are a real connection, not a political one. If someone is descended from a Cherokee, is he supposed to lie about it? Science doesn’t go away because it’s not politically correct. This is an ongoing uncomfortable issue between people of indigenous descent outside the US, and this guy overstepped by claiming to speak for all of them.
:royalty-queen:

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Fauxcahontas is the victim here.

Bad Cherokee Nation! BAD!

:goteam: :drunk:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:51 pm

Chief Warren gonna be be angry and bring the wompin' stick. TC will get PTSD again.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:58 am
So is the better approach for the Right to stick the fork in her now? or wait till 2020?
If she runs for the presidency, I'll put my hat in for her seat.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:52 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:42 pm
In the interest of accuracy (because I really don’t care unless a statement is clearly meant to misdirect, as this one is), the Cherokee spokesman said:

"A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person's ancestors were indigenous to North or South America," Hoskin said in a statement.

"Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong." Hoskin added. "It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven."

These are concepts that have nothing to do with each other. Genetics have nothing to do with citizenship. The overwhelmingly largest percentage of indigenous Americans in the US are from Central America. They do not belong to any tribe - tribal membership is a matter of citizenship, not degree of ancestry. I would agree that being indigenous is also a matter of culture, but you can’t strip someone of their ancestors because its uncomfortable to acknowledge the truth.

So, notice what he said: "A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship.“

Of course.

Then “Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person's ancestors were indigenous to North or South America.”

Notice he doesn’t mention Central America at all - the most Indian people in the country. There aren’t many South American Indians in the US and I doubt Warrens ancestors migrated from there in the 18th century so it’s useless to even bring them up.

"Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong."

Genetics are a real connection, not a political one. If someone is descended from a Cherokee, is he supposed to lie about it? Science doesn’t go away because it’s not politically correct. This is an ongoing uncomfortable issue between people of indigenous descent outside the US, and this guy overstepped by claiming to speak for all of them.

So the fact that she has less genetic inheritance from Native Americans than the average white American is of no account? Probably the majority of whites on this forum have more Native genetics than her. She actually has less than average.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:53 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Of course.

I think that the chief lawyer is terrified at the results. Warren has shown she is far more authentically and genetically Indian than he is, and he doesn't want to lose his pull over the mighty Cherokee nation, as all his followers flock to Warren.
Shikata ga nai

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:47 pm
Fauxcahontas is the victim here.

Bad Cherokee Nation! BAD!
Like I said, I don’t care about her descent but I can’t stand deliberate misrepresentation of facts. Saying only documented tribal members are of indigenous descent is simply not true.
:royalty-queen: