Social Justice Warriors Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:31 am

That's a credentials explosion in a nutshell.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 am

"Notice that there's only 1 Engineering degree in there, and no Computer Science."

Computer Science, unless you have an advanced degree, is all done by Indians now - either H1B or outsourced to india. :roll:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:35 am

Fife wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:10 am
I urge you all to be careful about what kind of books your children get as gifts, and especially the kind of garbage they are provided or required to read by the state school.

I think I'll go over to the "what book are you reading" thread and drop down a few links to books I recommend for your kids.
Oh, trust me if I see any of those SJW rags in my son's hand, I'll show him how to start a proper bonfire :twisted:
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 am

Ph64 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 am
"Notice that there's only 1 Engineering degree in there, and no Computer Science."

Computer Science, unless you have an advanced degree, is all done by Indians now - either H1B or outsourced to india. :roll:
True fact.

That's why Windows is such a clusterfuck now.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:40 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 am
Ph64 wrote:

True fact.

Now? ROLF! It's been a clusterfuck since Windows 95... there is a webcomic that is going on for almost 20 years now that makes fun of MS and the tech world...

Windows has been a cluserfuck since day one.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:40 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:28 am
Not 'worthless' in the sense of having zero value. I meant that it's now just a required step in any career - like paying for the last 4 years of highschool. You're not getting a real job without one, so it has no intrinsic extra value.

More companies dropping college degree requirement for new hires
https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-fi ... -new-hires
(More people getting in the door without degrees)

The many people I know advancing in their careers all pursue advanced and continuing education/training. Those I know who are going nowhere almost universally believe that effort doesn’t matter, there are only elite and poor, etc.

Seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy in my experience. People who try will eventually succeed. People who complain, blame, and deflect simply stagnate.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:40 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Not 'worthless' in the sense of having zero value. I meant that it's now just a required step in any career - like paying for the last 4 years of highschool. You're not getting a real job without one, so it has no intrinsic extra value.

The many people I know advancing in their careers all pursue advanced and continuing education/training. Those I know who are going nowhere almost universally believe that effort doesn’t matter, there are only elite and poor, etc.

Seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy in my experience. People who try will eventually succeed. People who complain, blame, and deflect simply stagnate.
/shrug
It's about time, I've said for a long time degrees are pieces of paper in most instances in where it shows you can pass a test... I've known too many IT experts that have nearly all the alphabet soup under their belt but still can't do simple stuff...

I still remember asking a guy who had his degree, and over a dozen certifications, why he couldn't do a simple start network. He said that it wasn't taught in school...

Do I really need to say it, but overly educated people except in key fields, are not required. It is better to get someone off the street, train them and use them accordingly. (Pay is good too)
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:53 am

DBTrek wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

/shrug
Oh, they hired some janitors and customer service reps without Baccalaureate Degrees. That's a good thing, I guess. No more need for college!

Your virtue signalling is pure and true, but doesn't apply to me. It's quite possible to work your ass off, while still noting the corrupted nature of the system.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:57 am

The Conservative wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 am
Ph64 wrote:

True fact.

Now? ROLF! It's been a clusterfuck since Windows 95... there is a webcomic that is going on for almost 20 years now that makes fun of MS and the tech world...

Windows has been a cluserfuck since day one.
Nah, XP was pretty solid. 7 was excellent. 10 has been a startling drop in quality.

What bothers me most though is that half the time I can't even get an error code or a reason that something doesn't work. They plastered 'feel good' messaging all over it, and assume that everything is error-proof. It's infuriating as a non "business" user.

If you actually know what you're doing, you're essentially blocked off into the kiddie corner with the idiots. It's impossible to control your own security settings and file access, just to name one example.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:53 am

Oh, they hired some janitors and customer service reps without Baccalaureate Degrees. That's a good thing, I guess. No more need for college!

Your virtue signalling is pure and true, but doesn't apply to me. It's quite possible to work your ass off, while still noting the corrupted nature of the system.

:lol:

Mentioning that hard work pays off seems to arouse a lot of anger in you. Strange. Why is that?

And how is a system that rewards effort “corrupt” in nature?
Last edited by DBTrek on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"