THE ERA OF TRUMP

C-Mag

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:32 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:19 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:01 pm
Yes, it is a racist publication with no credibility.

Trump starts to talk positively about the economy, they come out with piece about how baby boomers are suffering.

Fuck the NYTimes
Yeah, it's racism.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08- ... tcy-droves
Two things going on here. NY Times is openly a racist organization and supports openly racist supervisors.
It's no surprise if Baby Boomers are dead broke in retirement. A generation that was handed the most prosperous nation in history did nothing but take for 70 years. Always the generation that told themselves they could have whatever they wanted.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:34 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:32 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:01 pm
Yes, it is a racist publication with no credibility.

Trump starts to talk positively about the economy, they come out with piece about how baby boomers are suffering.

Fuck the NYTimes
Yeah, it's racism.

Two things going on here. NY Times is openly a racist organization and supports openly racist supervisors.
It's no surprise if Baby Boomers are dead broke in retirement. A generation that was handed the most prosperous nation in history did nothing but take for 70 years. Always the generation that told themselves they could have whatever they wanted.
True on both counts. But the economy is a fucking shambles. It really doesn't matter what the orange clown says about it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:16 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:58 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:02 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/05/busi ... icans.html

Cracks are starting to widen....

Poor little proles...

O'well...looks like I'll be able to pick up some "servants" on the cheap in a few years.
NYT? Isn't that the Asian racist site? :lol:

I saw almost this exact same article on a different site this morning. One of my first questions was "Why does a 70 year old still have a mortgage payment?" We'll be paid off by the time I'm 55. Even if you trade up to a more expensive house you have all the equity from your current home. If you have a burdensome mortgage at 70, downsize or sell and rent.
I paid my 30yr mortgage off in 15. Worked my ass off and didn't do frivolous stuff to get there.

But then at the same time I bought my house I had a co-worker who was spending as much as my mortgage was to rent a "luxury" condo (pool, gym, security, all the perks) while leasing a BMW (I bought a Nissan rice-burner for $8k out the door new) and taking vacations to Japan, Europe, etc... And complaining how broke he was all the time.

Know lots of people who refinanced or did home-eq loans over the years to take out their "gains" in house price to do vacations, buy boats, etc. On guy I worked with refi'd to get $80k of equity out of their home to put in a 20x40 in-ground heated pool - having to blast bedrock in his back yard to do it - to then tell me how it cost him $800 to heat the pool in July... (Who TF heats a pool in July when it's 90+F out?)... Then got laid off three months later and was unemployed for like 3 years, barely scraping by on his wife's income.

People make really stupid choices all the time.
It can go both ways. I took risks and gambled on jobs and way overspending in my personal life.

Now I’ll be retired by 36... unless the Great Depression happens, and even then it’ll probably just mean I wait until 40.

You can catch a lucky break both ways. I’ve leveraged risk for financial gain thus far. If I just sat in a comfortable job and paid my mortgage I wouldn’t have this chance.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:38 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:34 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:32 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Yeah, it's racism.

True on both counts. But the economy is a fucking shambles. It really doesn't matter what the orange clown says about it.
It’s not in shambles but a correction is coming. The severity of it is uncertain.

I have several large capital equipment purchases that suddenly got put on hold for no reason. The only ones proceeding involve explosive dust which they can’t put on hold for obvious reasons.

It’s a sign to be sure. But the Sky ain’t falling yet. Corrections are normal.

If we lose world reserve currency than we can prepare for the roving packs of mad max rape gangs lol

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:35 pm

It can go both ways. I took risks and gambled on jobs and way overspending in my personal life.

Now I’ll be retired by 36... unless the Great Depression happens, and even then it’ll probably just mean I wait until 40.

You can catch a lucky break both ways. I’ve leveraged risk for financial gain thus far. If I just sat in a comfortable job and paid my mortgage I wouldn’t have this chance.
Money just amplifies what you are already. That's my point, the Boomer Generation is typified by people who didn't need to play by the rules and could do whatever they wanted. Now it's biting many of them in the butt.

There's actually as many good Boomers, than bad, but their my Generational Punching Bag.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:42 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:48 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:42 pm
Facebook blocked this video because they are bias bitches and dirty dick defends it.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:24 pm

clubgop wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:20 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:42 pm
Facebook blocked this video because they are bias bitches and dirty dick defends it.
It was a very tame video.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:39 pm
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Money just amplifies what you are already. That's my point, the Boomer Generation is typified by people who didn't need to play by the rules and could do whatever they wanted. Now it's biting many of them in the butt.

There's actually as many good Boomers, than bad, but their my Generational Punching Bag.
I could forgive them for pretty much all of the shit they pulled except for creating the millennials the way that fucked up generation turned out.