Post by Ph64 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:16 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:58 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:02 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/05/busi ... icans.html

Cracks are starting to widen....

Poor little proles...

O'well...looks like I'll be able to pick up some "servants" on the cheap in a few years.
NYT? Isn't that the Asian racist site? :lol:

I saw almost this exact same article on a different site this morning. One of my first questions was "Why does a 70 year old still have a mortgage payment?" We'll be paid off by the time I'm 55. Even if you trade up to a more expensive house you have all the equity from your current home. If you have a burdensome mortgage at 70, downsize or sell and rent.
I paid my 30yr mortgage off in 15. Worked my ass off and didn't do frivolous stuff to get there.

But then at the same time I bought my house I had a co-worker who was spending as much as my mortgage was to rent a "luxury" condo (pool, gym, security, all the perks) while leasing a BMW (I bought a Nissan rice-burner for $8k out the door new) and taking vacations to Japan, Europe, etc... And complaining how broke he was all the time.

Know lots of people who refinanced or did home-eq loans over the years to take out their "gains" in house price to do vacations, buy boats, etc. On guy I worked with refi'd to get $80k of equity out of their home to put in a 20x40 in-ground heated pool - having to blast bedrock in his back yard to do it - to then tell me how it cost him $800 to heat the pool in July... (Who TF heats a pool in July when it's 90+F out?)... Then got laid off three months later and was unemployed for like 3 years, barely scraping by on his wife's income.

People make really stupid choices all the time.

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Courts will take your shit too. Somebody with means can take you to court and send you into spiral towards bankruptcy and foreclosure.

Blaming all this on poor decisions is just masturbatory fantasy to pat yourself on the back and demonize people who get burned.

It's true that lots of people make stupid decisions. It is also true that lots of people get completely fucked in the ass by corrupt courts, divorce, illness and injury, or just legal fuckery by people looking to take advantage.

You do not have as much security in your property as you seem to think. Courts have zero respect for your property rights. Our entire legal system is built around taking property from people via legal warfare.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:46 pm

The government incentivises plunder. Everywhere. That is why the American people are spiraling down the drain. Plundered by family courts. Plundered by corporate America replacing them with H1B slaves. Plundered by Mexicans making bank under the table, making small employers richer, and then robbing those same American workers via taxes for welfare and other gibs.

As the empire crumbles, everybody is getting theirs by reaching the next guy's wallet.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Remember when I said the other day that they would only increase their efforts to control information?

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:29 pm
Remember when I said the other day that they would only increase their efforts to control information?

I member what I was posting this morning. You member?

viewtopic.php?p=199255#p199255

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Yeah I member.

It's stupid for them to argue for state control of the internet because the state won't stop going after them on the internet, but I guess they don't see it.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:43 pm

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:01 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

Poor little proles...

O'well...looks like I'll be able to pick up some "servants" on the cheap in a few years.
Yes, it is a racist publication with no credibility.

Trump starts to talk positively about the economy, they come out with piece about how baby boomers are suffering.

Fuck the NYTimes
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:19 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:01 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

Poor little proles...

Yes, it is a racist publication with no credibility.

Trump starts to talk positively about the economy, they come out with piece about how baby boomers are suffering.

Fuck the NYTimes
Yeah, it's racism.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08- ... tcy-droves
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Facebook has reportedly blocked a California congressional candidate's campaign from using a video as an ad on the social media platform because they deemed it "shocking, disrespectful or sensational."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34127/el ... n-saavedra