Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:13 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:47 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:40 pm
James Wesley Rawles does that math on Gun Confiscation

A small snippet

https://survivalblog.com/mathematics-co ... g-tyranny/
Only thing is that the majority of the NRA members are part of the 3rd and 4th list too... but either way, gun grabbers aren't going to be grabbing guns without a lot of bloodshed.
If you read the article, Rawles states that this is raw numbers and assuming all those door kickers show up for work and do as told.
Does owning a gun require fantasizing about gun confiscation?

-
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Said the non gun owning gun grabber.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 pm
C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Only thing is that the majority of the NRA members are part of the 3rd and 4th list too... but either way, gun grabbers aren't going to be grabbing guns without a lot of bloodshed.
If you read the article, Rawles states that this is raw numbers and assuming all those door kickers show up for work and do as told.

-
I know the rest of our Bill of Rights have been destroyed. The 2nd is the last remaining one that is relatively in tact. Gun grabbers made it clear that is their intention. It's not fantasy, it's a stated goal.

Why do you mock people concerned about their Constitutional Rights ?

This is perplexing to me. I assume you support Civil Liberties, maybe I shouldn't, yet quite often you belittle Constitutional Rights.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:40 pm
James Wesley Rawles does that math on Gun Confiscation

A small snippet

https://survivalblog.com/mathematics-co ... g-tyranny/
Oh they would all show up, then fade into the background as soon as their blood was spilled.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 pm
C-Mag wrote:

-
I know the rest of our Bill of Rights have been destroyed. The 2nd is the last remaining one that is relatively in tact. Gun grabbers made it clear that is their intention. It's not fantasy, it's a stated goal.

Why do you mock people concerned about their Constitutional Rights ?

This is perplexing to me. I assume you support Civil Liberties, maybe I shouldn't, yet quite often you belittle Constitutional Rights.
I absolutely support civil liberties. And I agree that the Constitution has been burnt and pissed on.

At this point, it just annoys me to watch "Freedom Defenders" and "Constitutionalists" go on about the 2nd, when 1) it's largely irrelevant, and 2) they already watched and even supported the rest of the Bill of Rights being destroyed, while still babbling about 'resisting tyranny'. It's just LARPing, now.

We passed the point 18 years ago where actual "Patriots" would have risen up and done something. They're only interested in their boomsticks, not even batting an eye at the important things flying by. It's a special interest group for gun manufacturers, nothing more.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:50 pm

I never did anything to stop it because other people didn't do anything to stop it, but the people who did do something to stop it didn't stop it, so I didn't do anything.

Every damn time.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 pm

I absolutely support civil liberties. And I agree that the Constitution has been burnt and pissed on.

At this point, it just annoys me to watch "Freedom Defenders" and "Constitutionalists" go on about the 2nd, when 1) it's largely irrelevant, and 2) they already watched and even supported the rest of the Bill of Rights being destroyed, while still babbling about 'resisting tyranny'. It's just LARPing, now.

We passed the point 18 years ago where actual "Patriots" would have risen up and done something. They're only interested in their boomsticks, not even batting an eye at the important things flying by. It's a special interest group for gun manufacturers, nothing more.
I see it as much more significant. Very similar to 1770's America.

Americans stood by for the most part and watched Liberties be infringed. Speech was curtailed, protesting in the public square could get you shot, Americans allowed themselves to and their affects be searched by the Crowns Agents, the stood by while troops were quartered in their homes, while secret courts convicted them.

But what they did do was talk about it a lot, and decided on their red line. That was firearms. While Americans allowed all these other Liberties to be abused, when the Crown came for firearms they fought.

So I would ask you were those men Larping ? Or were they reinforcing their point that they will fight and die to keep their weapons ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 pm

He's obviously much smarter than those sheep.

He'd just run for Canada.

Nothing here worth fighting for.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:12 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 pm
He's obviously much smarter than those sheep.

He'd just run for Canada.

Nothing here worth fighting for.
That's where we sent the Loyalist trash last time.

I'm not sure I know many folks who would willingly turn over their firearms. Just wouldn't happen.

The Bundy Ranch defense was a small primer of what you'd see.
And yeah, the Feds could have crushed them. But could they have crushed 50 of those situations in every state. Because that is what would happen. The government would control the cities and the insurgents the countryside. Pretty typical.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:46 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 pm

I see it as much more significant. Very similar to 1770's America.

Americans stood by for the most part and watched Liberties be infringed. Speech was curtailed, protesting in the public square could get you shot, Americans allowed themselves to and their affects be searched by the Crowns Agents, the stood by while troops were quartered in their homes, while secret courts convicted them.

But what they did do was talk about it a lot, and decided on their red line. That was firearms. While Americans allowed all these other Liberties to be abused, when the Crown came for firearms they fought.

So I would ask you were those men Larping ? Or were they reinforcing their point that they will fight and die to keep their weapons ?
Good points.

But I don’t even see anyone talking about protecting/defending/resisting anything, other than “The Left”, and “gun grabbers”. If I did see it, I’d be much more optimistic.

As I’ve said many times, the gunmint isn’t coming for your guns. They don’t need to.

And would you really accept 1 surviving amendment out of 10, and be fine? Because that’s what all the rhetoric seems to add up to.

Also, when comparing to the Colonial era, one should remember that the taxman was likely to be shot, if he pissed somebody off. The level of control that the government has now is far beyond anything the founders could have envisioned from the Brits.

Spies in every home? They’d have a stroke.
Last edited by SuburbanFarmer on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace