THE ERA OF TRUMP

DrYouth

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by DrYouth » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:35 pm

I think the Intellectual Dark Web is red pilling the non-radical left...
Peterson, Weisteins, Ferguson, Harris, Pinker, Haidt... Rubin, Rogan
They folks are involved in a huge takedown of the overconfident radical left...
This is a full on movement.

The center right should scoop these dissidents up.... and the refugees from the left that they inspire to walkaway.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:33 pm
I know some places have faster connections than average.

Also, some people are using MBps and Mbps interchangeably, which is a problem.
That’s why they’re being careful to note MB/s instead of Mb/s.

This would be the equivalent of 181 Mb/s, which is almost double the best you’ll get from an ISP, without a dedicated fiber line. And there aren’t any of those going across the ocean.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 pm

We have transatlantic fiber.

I'm still unsure on this one.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm

It's the transfer rate you'd get copying a filesystem directly to a USB drive.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:53 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:35 pm
I think the Intellectual Dark Web is red pilling the non-radical left...
Peterson, Weisteins, Ferguson, Harris, Pinker, Haidt... Rubin, Rogan
They folks are involved in a huge takedown of the overconfident radical left...
This is a full on movement.

The center right should scoop these dissidents up.... and the refugees from the left that they inspire to walkaway.
Only half of them are Jews. Why are jews overrepresented in "intellectual dark webs?"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:13 pm
Forensicator’s first decisive findings, made public in the paper dated July 9, concerned the volume of the supposedly hacked material and what is called the transfer rate—the time a remote hack would require. The metadata established several facts in this regard with granular precision: On the evening of July 5, 2016, 1,976 megabytes of data were downloaded from the DNC’s server. The operation took 87 seconds. This yields a transfer rate of 22.7 megabytes per second.

These statistics are matters of record and essential to disproving the hack theory. No Internet service provider, such as a hacker would have had to use in mid-2016, was capable of downloading data at this speed. Compounding this contradiction, Guccifer claimed to have run his hack from Romania, which, for numerous reasons technically called delivery overheads, would slow down the speed of a hack even further from maximum achievable speeds.

What is the maximum achievable speed? Forensicator recently ran a test download of a comparable data volume (and using a server speed not available in 2016) 40 miles from his computer via a server 20 miles away and came up with a speed of 11.8 megabytes per second—half what the DNC operation would need were it a hack. Other investigators have built on this finding. Folden and Edward Loomis say a survey published August 3, 2016, by www.speedtest.net/reports is highly reliable and use it as their thumbnail index. It indicated that the highest average ISP speeds of first-half 2016 were achieved by Xfinity and Cox Communications. These speeds averaged 15.6 megabytes per second and 14.7 megabytes per second, respectively. Peak speeds at higher rates were recorded intermittently but still did not reach the required 22.7 megabytes per second.

“A speed of 22.7 megabytes is simply unobtainable, especially if we are talking about a transoceanic data transfer,” Folden said. “Based on the data we now have, what we’ve been calling a hack is impossible.” Last week Forensicator reported on a speed test he conducted more recently. It tightens the case considerably. “Transfer rates of 23 MB/s (Mega Bytes per second) are not just highly unlikely, but effectively impossible to accomplish when communicating over the Internet at any significant distance,” he wrote. “Further, local copy speeds are measured, demonstrating that 23 MB/s is a typical transfer rate when using a USB–2 flash device (thumb drive).”
Whoever wrote this is not only a hack themselves, but knows shit.

First off, I've done multiple speed tests:

Mass to Tokyo and I got 90 Mbps down and 10 upload speed.
Mass to Frankfurt I got 50 Mbps down and 10 upload speed.
Mass to Sydney I got 50 Mbps down and 7 upload speed.

The only thing they got right was a USB speed, except it was the wrong kind.

USB 1.1 = 12 Mbit/s
USB 2.0 = 480 Mbit/s
USB 3.0 = 5 Gbit/s
USB 3.1 = 10 Gbit/s

So yeah, the person is a hack to the Nth degree.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Yes, but they’re used as the internet backbone. They aren’t dedicated lines. They cost billions to install, and running one from Washington DC to Moscow would cost many billions.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:49 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:48 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Forensicator’s first decisive findings, made public in the paper dated July 9, concerned the volume of the supposedly hacked material and what is called the transfer rate—the time a remote hack would require. The metadata established several facts in this regard with granular precision: On the evening of July 5, 2016, 1,976 megabytes of data were downloaded from the DNC’s server. The operation took 87 seconds. This yields a transfer rate of 22.7 megabytes per second.

These statistics are matters of record and essential to disproving the hack theory. No Internet service provider, such as a hacker would have had to use in mid-2016, was capable of downloading data at this speed. Compounding this contradiction, Guccifer claimed to have run his hack from Romania, which, for numerous reasons technically called delivery overheads, would slow down the speed of a hack even further from maximum achievable speeds.

What is the maximum achievable speed? Forensicator recently ran a test download of a comparable data volume (and using a server speed not available in 2016) 40 miles from his computer via a server 20 miles away and came up with a speed of 11.8 megabytes per second—half what the DNC operation would need were it a hack. Other investigators have built on this finding. Folden and Edward Loomis say a survey published August 3, 2016, by www.speedtest.net/reports is highly reliable and use it as their thumbnail index. It indicated that the highest average ISP speeds of first-half 2016 were achieved by Xfinity and Cox Communications. These speeds averaged 15.6 megabytes per second and 14.7 megabytes per second, respectively. Peak speeds at higher rates were recorded intermittently but still did not reach the required 22.7 megabytes per second.

“A speed of 22.7 megabytes is simply unobtainable, especially if we are talking about a transoceanic data transfer,” Folden said. “Based on the data we now have, what we’ve been calling a hack is impossible.” Last week Forensicator reported on a speed test he conducted more recently. It tightens the case considerably. “Transfer rates of 23 MB/s (Mega Bytes per second) are not just highly unlikely, but effectively impossible to accomplish when communicating over the Internet at any significant distance,” he wrote. “Further, local copy speeds are measured, demonstrating that 23 MB/s is a typical transfer rate when using a USB–2 flash device (thumb drive).”

USB 1.1 = 12 Mbit/s
USB 2.0 = 480 Mbit/s
USB 3.0 = 5 Gbit/s
USB 3.1 = 10 Gbit/s

Multiply by 8, Mr IT Director.

Mega BYTES, not Mega Bits.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:21 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Yes, but they’re used as the internet backbone. They aren’t dedicated lines. They cost billions to install, and running one from Washington DC to Moscow would cost many billions.
But you laughed at Putin for saying he lacked the resources.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:22 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:49 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

USB 1.1 = 12 Mbit/s
USB 2.0 = 480 Mbit/s
USB 3.0 = 5 Gbit/s
USB 3.1 = 10 Gbit/s

Multiply by 8, Mr IT Director.

Mega BYTES, not Mega Bits.
You didn't read the original statement... The hack showed MB as multiple forms of speed.

I used it as a singular speed ratio in my argument. They and you failed.

Also, USB 2.0, IS 60MB/sec.
#NotOneRedCent