Civil War Doomsday Clock

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:17 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:18 am
She probably was ‘asking for it’. That’s simply the nature of people. They don’t randomly assault bystanders, unless they perceive a reason to. I don’t know why/how you take that as a consistent stance of victim-blaming. People looking for trouble will find it, and I have no sympathy for them.

No idea how you extended that line of thinking to police action, or what you’re talking about, but I have a LONG history of decrying the buildup of the police state, and shaming officers that huddle in a corner during an active shooter situation. They’re worse than useless, at this point.
This is the last time I'm going to go through this with you.

You just doubled-down on saying it's not in people's nature to randomly assault others unless there is a reason to. You now added "people looking for trouble will find it". That is your philosophy.

Now take your philosophy into other areas where people get their ass beat. According to you, the assailants don't randomly do this, they must have perceived a reason to do so and the victim looked for trouble and found it. Therefore you must believe that any time a Police officer assaults a citizen is has to be because they perceived a reason to do so. After all, it's not in their nature to randomly assault people. Same for any other beatdown, according to your exact words.

That is not a strawman, taking it out of context or twisting your words. It's making a logical conclusion based on the exact things you said. If you cannot understand that I don't know what else to say to you. Your "long history" doesn't mean shit at this point because you've stated in multiple threads that you have been joking or simply acting as devil's advocate most of the time.
Police officers don't just randomly start beating people either. I have no idea where you're going with this.

Cops "perceive" a threat in everyone they speak to. They're on a hair trigger constantly, and that leads to an unbelievable number of abuses in their behavior. So yeah, they definitely perceive a reason to do what they do.

Not sure what you don't understand about this, or even why you disagree. But you're certainly waving your flag around at something.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 am

You don't know a fucking thing about police.

All you ever do is talk out your fucking ass.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:41 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:18 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:01 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 pm
Most of the time, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. I can't stand it when you guys all jump into a narrative, and start the virtue signalling.

Then, page after page, I get twisted into sound bytes like these three, and have to defend against an unending tide of strawmen. It's very tiresome, but I occasionally learn something new.
Your exact words:
"People don't get attacked for standing around quietly. That's not human nature."

Taking that to mean she was asking for it is not twisting your words or presenting strawmen. Neither is taking this to the logical step that you would defend any Police action against someone. You made no caveats. It was clear you meant this applies to all people, not just those at protests. You get pinned to wall for these kind of statements because they are absurd. Then you whine about how mean the rest of us are for calling you out on it. Then you say you were kidding, or playing devil's advocate. Once again I'm to the point of just chalking your contribution to this discussion up to you being a troll.
She probably was ‘asking for it’. That’s simply the nature of people. They don’t randomly assault bystanders, unless they perceive a reason to.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 am
Police officers don't just randomly start beating people either. I have no idea where you're going with this.

Cops "perceive" a threat in everyone they speak to. They're on a hair trigger constantly, and that leads to an unbelievable number of abuses in their behavior. So yeah, they definitely perceive a reason to do what they do.

Not sure what you don't understand about this, or even why you disagree. But you're certainly waving your flag around at something.
So wrongful attacks by Police are because they incorrectly "perceived" a threat or because they are on a hair trigger.

But you don't think it's possible that some ANTIFA protestor attacked a woman for anything other than "she must have done something to ask for it".

Your logic would make Spock's head explode.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:09 am

He doesn't know shit about cops, mobs, or antifa.

He's just making shit up any way that will let him defend street violence.
Last edited by Okeefenokee on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:13 am

For me, when reading his posts, the closest meme I can think of that matches my reaction is Dr. Phil's "not impressed" look.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:31 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

So wrongful attacks by Police are because they incorrectly "perceived" a threat or because they are on a hair trigger.

But you don't think it's possible that some ANTIFA protestor attacked a woman for anything other than "she must have done something to ask for it".

She presented herself in a way that triggered the response. Most likely, by mouthing off and starting an argument, because like all women, she assumes immunity from violence.

Turns out she wasn’t immune.

Now you’re going to tell me “BUT HE HIT A GURLLL”. Well no shit that’s wrong. I’m not defending the attack. But it wasn’t a completely random act. You are watching idiots attack idiots.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:35 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:31 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

She presented herself in a way that triggered the response. Most likely, by mouthing off and starting an argument, because like all women, she assumes immunity from violence.

Turns out she wasn’t immune.

Now you’re going to tell me “BUT HE HIT A GURLLL”. Well no shit that’s wrong. I’m not defending the attack. But it wasn’t a completely random act. You are watching idiots attack idiots.
Wow, you just doubled down on stupidity...
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 am

/bonghit

You know maaaaaan, there's one thing I know about leftist mobs, and that's that they only target people who had it coming. You saw what happened to that trashcan? Totally asking for it.

/bonghit

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:06 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 am
/bonghit

You know maaaaaan, there's one thing I know about leftist mobs, and that's that they only target people who had it coming. You saw what happened to that trashcan? Totally asking for it.

/bonghit

It was not divided into recycling sections, though.