Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 am

I feel this will continue to drag those on the fringe into the fray. Things will ramp up as more of these incidents get shown on YouTube and shared on FB. A certain percentage will see these and drift closer to one of the extreme ends. It will be a slow burn, but the violence will escalate in isolated incidents in places like shopping malls, sporting events, restaurants, etc. You're already seeing the left escalate tensions by harassing people in public and refusing service simply because they are Trump supporters. Then the left's leadership publicly encourages it to be taken even further. Slow burn, tic-tock.
Then there the huge percentage that's the majority of regular people that don't give a fuck about this shit either way. They can't think about it, don't see it, are too busy/poor/working/kids etc. and they don't go to rallies, or "protests" or riots or town halls, or Rubin /Shapiro/Peterson events nor do they know who Alex Jones is or Richard Spencer or Antifa or what fuck ever this forum and most "youtube comments" obsess about. They go to work, feed their kids or themselves, rinse lather repeat.

A lot of this bullshit is the internet and the no lag time and no barrier to entry for loudmouths on both sides and everything in between. And the message boards, youtube "comments" and blog/or article comments etc. are people venting and expressing their fantasies and frustrations. We have nothing to compare this to b/c its a god damn revolution equivalent to the printing press. So what happens when almost anyone that has access to the internet can "express" themselves and communicate with almost everyone else in the nation and even the world? I don't thinnk that it means a civil war is inevitable.

The late 1960s early 1970s were far more volitale in actuality and then you can go back to the Jim Crow era and see real widespread violence or even the "Roaring 1920s" and mob / gang violence or the Bonus Army protest in Washington with disgruntled veterans that folks like Patton and MacArthur got to put down (*that shit could have really go out of hand, right?) And there are other extreme examples in just specifically American history where we were much much more in real danger of disintegrating socially and politically.
+100
:snooty:

What was the percentage of rebels out of the colonial population - hint - much less than 50%.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:15 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:13 am

No, it does not, Kathy.

Take the time to actually read what I'm posting, and you might understand more.
I have, you are an Antifa apologist.
Not even close. I'm denouncing both sides of idiots marching in the streets, for no reason.

Half a dozen of you seem to be in favor of one side, so I appear to be on the other side. In reality, I don't have a side. I'm disgusted by both.
And people like you are the 2nd group to hang, after the losers.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:07 am
1 - It doesn't look like a pole or a bat to me, and if it were, she certainly wouldn't be standing up after getting hit with one.

2 - People don't get attacked for standing around quietly. That's not human nature. She was mouthing back and forth, and somebody took it too far.
1 - WTF does it matter to this discussion if it was a pole, bat, or kendo stick? WTF does it matter that she was still standing? Is the action more acceptable to you that she wasn't knocked out? She was assaulted with some kind of object. Looks like a flag, which has a....wait for it....pole attached to it. You choose the stupidist shit to argue about, but then it's probably just to distract from all the shit you were wrong about.

2 - Again, you have no proof she did anything wrong.

Using SF logic:
The Police are always justified in using force. It's not in their human nature unless someone asked for it.
Abuse victims were asking for it. It's not human nature to abuse someone unless they were provoked into doing so. They just took it too far.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 am
but you don't know what the fuck is going on,
Look in the mirror and say that.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 am
Seriously - it doesn't fucking matter why he hit her or whether she was instigating him - all that matters is that it happened...Neither side likes the other, nor wants to compromise with the other....
I feel this will continue to drag those on the fringe into the fray. Things will ramp up as more of these incidents get shown on YouTube and shared on FB. A certain percentage will see these and drift closer to one of the extreme ends. It will be a slow burn, but the violence will escalate in isolated incidents in places like shopping malls, sporting events, restaurants, etc. You're already seeing the left escalate tensions by harassing people in public and refusing service simply because they are Trump supporters. Then the left's leadership publicly encourages it to be taken even further. Slow burn, tic-tock.
Then there the huge percentage that's the majority of regular people that don't give a fuck about this shit either way. They can't think about it, don't see it, are too busy/poor/working/kids etc. and they don't go to rallies, or "protests" or riots or town halls, or Rubin /Shapiro/Peterson events nor do they know who Alex Jones is or Richard Spencer or Antifa or what fuck ever this forum and most "youtube comments" obsess about. They go to work, feed their kids or themselves, rinse lather repeat.
True, the majority are too busy with the realities of life to spend days protesting. However, slowly more and more of these people are being forced to take a side. Right now it's political figures getting tossed out of establishments, being harassed in public, getting doxxed, having their homes vandalized. Eventually this will spill into anyone speaking out in support of Trump. There have already been people denied service for wearing MAGA apparel. People are losing lifelong friends on FB because of political opinions. This didn't happen anywhere near this extent 10 years ago. And the "#resistors" are now making it a "if you are not with us you are against us" issue.

I don't think we'll all be in the streets taking up colors and guns and shedding blood in the suburbs, but things will get worse and there will be an increase in the type of behaviors like banning and harassing people. The protests will get more violent as both sides become more determined to not take any crap from the other side.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:22 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:

True, the majority are too busy with the realities of life to spend days protesting. However, slowly more and more of these people are being forced to take a side. Right now it's political figures getting tossed out of establishments, being harassed in public, getting doxxed, having their homes vandalized. Eventually this will spill into anyone speaking out in support of Trump. There have already been people denied service for wearing MAGA apparel. People are losing lifelong friends on FB because of political opinions. This didn't happen anywhere near this extent 10 years ago. And the "#resistors" are now making it a "if you are not with us you are against us" issue.

I don't think we'll all be in the streets taking up colors and guns and shedding blood in the suburbs, but things will get worse and there will be an increase in the type of behaviors like banning and harassing people. The protests will get more violent as both sides become more determined to not take any crap from the other side.
I agree that things like social/cultural upheaval will plausibly get worse overall before and it gets better or "stabilizes" again. I can also see a couple basic scenarios that make it "better" a little faster than I'd initially think. For example, the economy prospers and begins to stabilize over the next 3-4 years and we do not get involved in any more major military deployments and immigration policy/security etc. is improved. Trump is reelected and has a decent second term then a more liberal/left leaning candidate takes his place in 2024. Obviously that's way to far into the future to predict with any real sense of accuracy. But I think most could agree it "possible". And there's other optimistic but different political/social scenarios I won't bother to type out b/c you can get the picture from the above.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:23 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:15 am

I have, you are an Antifa apologist.
Not even close. I'm denouncing both sides of idiots marching in the streets, for no reason.

Half a dozen of you seem to be in favor of one side, so I appear to be on the other side. In reality, I don't have a side. I'm disgusted by both.
That's correct. And the 3rd group will be anyone deemed 'less pure' in supporting The Revolution.

I'd suggest that we all try to avoid that level of stupidity.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:31 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm

True, the majority are too busy with the realities of life to spend days protesting. However, slowly more and more of these people are being forced to take a side.
Nobody is 'forced to take a side', until they're at gunpoint, or under a similar threat. Idiots are simply choosing which colors they wish to be idiots under.
There have already been people denied service for wearing MAGA apparel. People are losing lifelong friends on FB because of political opinions.
Oh, the humanity...

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:07 am
1 - It doesn't look like a pole or a bat to me, and if it were, she certainly wouldn't be standing up after getting hit with one.

2 - People don't get attacked for standing around quietly. That's not human nature. She was mouthing back and forth, and somebody took it too far.
1 - WTF does it matter to this discussion if it was a pole, bat, or kendo stick? WTF does it matter that she was still standing? Is the action more acceptable to you that she wasn't knocked out? She was assaulted with some kind of object. Looks like a flag, which has a....wait for it....pole attached to it. You choose the stupidist shit to argue about, but then it's probably just to distract from all the shit you were wrong about.
Whatever helps you with your feelz, I guess.
2 - Again, you have no proof she did anything wrong.
No I do not. Nor do you have proof that she didn't. Occam's Razor is pretty clear on which of us is probably right, though.
Using SF logic:
The Police are always justified in using force. It's not in their human nature unless someone asked for it.
Go ahead and find ANY post that I've made, supporting police use of force. I'll wait.
Abuse victims were asking for it. It's not human nature to abuse someone unless they were provoked into doing so. They just took it too far.
Yes, mob mentality is the same thing as domestic abuse. Keep grasping.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:23 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

That's correct. And the 3rd group will be anyone deemed 'less pure' in supporting The Revolution.

I'd suggest that we all try to avoid that level of stupidity.
Your lack of support one way or other (or so you think) is what is allowing it to continue, as long as there are people on the fence or refuse to take a side, there will always be people vying for said people.

Make a choice, choose a side, or get the fuck out of the way, go back to playing farmer john, and shut your yap and let the adults in the room talk for once.
#NotOneRedCent