Other Podcasts

Ex-California

Re: Other Podcasts

Post by Ex-California » Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:02 am
For someone who, allegedly, is a part of the "Intellectual Dark Web," Dan Carlin sure seems oblivious to the growing numbers of long form discussions taking place that are not drenched in political polarization, trolls, or fake news. Why he seems so dead set on ignoring this growing hunger for martian perspectives and instead focuses on the low ball Russian bot threat is a mystery to me
Its because he's still broken up about the outsider perspective giving us Trump

Any outsider is better than the status quo, even if its just for the historical arsonist aspect
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Annyone listen to Beauty & the Beta? I’ve listened to a couple of episodes now and kind of like it. I’m not sure how I feel about her but somehow she makes Matt Christiansen even better. He has to be on his toes all the time and to be challenged from the right brings out a lot of good things. I like him even more now.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Hastur wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:01 pm
Annyone listen to Beauty & the Beta? I’ve listened to a couple of episodes now and kind of like it. I’m not sure how I feel about her but somehow she makes Matt Christiansen even better. He has to be on his toes all the time and to be challenged from the right brings out a lot of good things. I like him even more now.
I listen to their Sunday show most weeks, especially now that I have given up on Politically Incorrect. :roll: Maher is full tilt TDS with an audience of trained seals. Unlistenable.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:08 pm
Really enjoying the Greatest Generation, Kath. Great recommendation.
Just saw this. Glad you like. The deeper I get in, though, the more time they spend on the front end filler. Listened to one about a week ago that didn't get started until 25 min mark. I can only listen to so much trading card opening. Since I fall asleep to this podcast, would appreciate them getting to the point a bit quicker. Of course, nobody would listen if they put that shit at the end. :lol:
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:51 am

The Brion McClanahan Show, ep 163: Lincoln and Trump
Dinesh D’Souza will release another political documentary this summer. The topic? Lincoln, Trump and the “Death of a Nation.” Lincoln worshipers firmly believe that he “saved America” during the War and if only we could have another Lincoln, America would be alright. This is problematic. I explain why in this episode of The Brion McClanahan Show.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 am

"Problematic"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 am

Fact is, he actually did save the republic. The question is whether or not that was a good idea.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:01 am

One thing I have noticed..

When I bring up the fact that I am not really a fan of the republic, people act as though this means I hate America. As if the federal government and America are synonymous.

The federal government could be replaced by a cargo cult and we'd all still be Americans. We'd still be different kinds of Americans no matter what government we choose. We could break off into a loose confederation like the Greeks once did and we'd all still be Americans. Nobody says the Spartans and Athenians weren't both Greeks because they had not yet formed into a single nation state government called "Greece".

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Hastur wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:01 pm
I watch the Sunday show too. Usually in the background. Blonde is just ahead of her time.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISlBeD6BJWw

John Anderson: Featuring Jonathan Haidt
(Former Australian Politician) (Psychologist) ...learned a lot. Haidt is undervalued.
The good, the true, & the beautiful