Other Podcasts

Haumana

Re: Other Podcasts

Post by Haumana » Fri May 25, 2018 10:22 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:12 pm
Wow, Dan posted a new CS.
Go figure. I feel like a rubbernecker but I will give it a listen.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 pm

I still find him comforting, even if it’s nothing revolutionary. I think we all need some more ‘middle of the road’ analysis right now.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri May 25, 2018 11:35 pm

The opening is revealing. Trump caused Dan to reassess what he thought he knew to be true. It rocked him to his foundation. Very telling, indeed. #stickinthespokes

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 25, 2018 11:37 pm

Haumana wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:35 pm
The opening is revealing. Trump caused Dan to reassess what he thought he knew to be true. It rocked him to his foundation. Very telling, indeed. #stickinthespokes
Agreed with all of his points, as usual.

Especially that it’s a genuine tragedy that the first real “outsider” has to be this idiot clown, rather than a true leader.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri May 25, 2018 11:42 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:37 pm
Haumana wrote:

Especially that it’s a genuine tragedy that the first real “outsider” has to be this idiot clown, rather than a true leader.
There are different perspectives out there. I am struggling to find the one where an idiot bumbles his way into so many different successes though. Care to share?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat May 26, 2018 12:14 am

What is Common Sense?
Dangerously thoughtful.

Common Sense with Dan Carlin isn’t a show for everyone, and that’s what makes it so great. It’s a smart, deep, passionate, engaging, inquisitive and of course, politically Martian view of news and current events. There’s nothing else like it.
Edgy

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:14 am
What is Common Sense?
Dangerously thoughtful.

Common Sense with Dan Carlin isn’t a show for everyone, and that’s what makes it so great. It’s a smart, deep, passionate, engaging, inquisitive and of course, politically Martian view of news and current events. There’s nothing else like it.
Edgy
Edgy until he got skered.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat May 26, 2018 6:02 am

Then he hits the "I'm a good person" trope while claiming he has no dog in the fight while describing the dog he has in the fight. Weird to hear him disengage from the Trump Hitler narrative but go on to a side rant about Naziism. Meh, a save face podcast while trying to avoid saying the words "I was wrong."

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat May 26, 2018 8:02 am

For someone who, allegedly, is a part of the "Intellectual Dark Web," Dan Carlin sure seems oblivious to the growing numbers of long form discussions taking place that are not drenched in political polarization, trolls, or fake news. Why he seems so dead set on ignoring this growing hunger for martian perspectives and instead focuses on the low ball Russian bot threat is a mystery to me

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat May 26, 2018 8:06 am

Haumana wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:42 pm
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:37 pm
Haumana wrote:

There are different perspectives out there. I am struggling to find the one where an idiot bumbles his way into so many different successes though. Care to share?
He’s a good negotiator, I’ll grant that. We’ve basically put a NYC mob boss in charge of our nukes.

But he has no PR skill, whatsoever. No coherent message, no policy or ideology on which to predict what he will do. Excellent traits for negotiation, horrible idea for a leader.

He regularly hangs his allies out to dry, and cares nothing for collateral damage. He’s done this throughout his business “career”, and continues it now. Again, great traits for negotiation, terrible for a leader.

His behavior has a direct impact on our image throughout the world, and our culture at home. What kind of traits do you see emerging in his followers and opponents? Cut-throat, sociopathic tendencies are contagious. We selected an alpha chimp (love JRE) to lead us, and he’s behaving like a scumbag. We are all moving ever so slightly in that direction as well. Untrustworthy, self-interested, and atomized. These are not characteristics of a functioning society.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace