Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Fife wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:18 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:13 pm
Fife wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:00 pm

OK, definitely not "the governor's" fault.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why don't you just secede, given the shit deal "our senators and congressmen" have given you? Why do you keep propping up Mississippi?
This has been going on for far longer than Christie was in office.

And death before secession. Part of the deal is that the more successful states subsidize the struggling states. Having my hand bitten is too much though. I also think the people benefiting from the largesse should have some idea where the money comes from.
Largesse? Explain, s'il vous plait.

What is your reason for demanding fealty from a dependent state, exactly?
Don’t be obtuse. You know exactly what I’m talking about. The receiving states can do whatever they want with the money. In reality they’re subsidizing their citizens. It’s part of the deal for being the US. Rich people pay more taxes than poor people. It’s the complete lack of awareness of basic financial reality - of where the money comes from - that galls me. There are many things I enjoy that someone else paid for. I recognize that someone else paid for it.
:royalty-queen:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:42 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:31 pm
Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:

And death before secession. Part of the deal is that the more successful states subsidize the struggling states. Having my hand bitten is too much though. I also think the people benefiting from the largesse should have some idea where the money comes from.

Don’t be obtuse. You know exactly what I’m talking about. The receiving states can do whatever they want with the money. In reality they’re subsidizing their citizens. It’s part of the deal for being the US. Rich people pay more taxes than poor people. It’s the complete lack of awareness of basic financial reality - of where the money comes from - that galls me. There are many things I enjoy that someone else paid for. I recognize that someone else paid for it.
You put NJ on too high of a pedestal.
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:47 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:

Keep your shit, "rich people." Just keep it. You got a problem with that?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:57 pm

What did they mean by this?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:59 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:44 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:40 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 pm

As far as how life has changed, I'm going to lose a lot of money this and every year because Trump is hitting hard at the states that didn't vote for him by passing tax plans designed to deliver a hard punch.
How is eliminating Federal tax subsidies for state and local income and property taxes an attack on states that didn't vote for him ?

For years other states have been subsidizing your high taxes. I'd call that leveling the playing field.
And this is why we should all learn finance. NJ subsidizes other states, not the other way around. We send far more to the government than we get back. Other states have been living off us for a very long time, and trump is well aware of this. When the well runs dry (when trump has drained it off to benefit himself), it will not just be us who are screwed. It will be those states, who voted for trump, who will also be screwed when the money stream stops and they have to pay their own way.

You are killing the cow and eating today, but when the feast ends we will all be left with nothing.
1. I referenced a specific provision on Federal tax subsidies for state and local income and property taxes.
- States like Jersey set their taxes, then ask for relief from the Federal Government, that's Bullshit
2. You send more to government than you get in return, different issue
3. when trump has drained it off to benefit himself
- Explain how Trump is pocketing money here.
4. We won't be screwed when it all goes broke, we can feed ourselves, you can't
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Fife wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:47 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:

Keep your shit, "rich people." Just keep it. You got a problem with that?
Yes. I live in a prosperous first world country. I like roads and airports. I'm particularly fond of electricity and vaccines and national defense. I like many things that are possible when we pool our money.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:05 pm

He's a libertarian. He dreams of living like a wildman, but he does not want to give up ice cream and electric blankets.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:05 pm
He's a libertarian. He dreams of living like a wildman, but he does not want to give up ice cream and electric blankets.
I don't think any of us are giving up the Internet anytime soon. ;)

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:49 pm

From the twitter page of Jarrod W. Ramos
The page’s bio read: “Dear reader: I created this page to defend myself. Now I'm suing the s--- out of half of AA County and making corpses of corrupt careers and corporate entities.”
$20 DCF bucks he’s a lefty....

Also, will the media call him Hispanic or white? I always love a good mystery.
Last edited by Zlaxer on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:50 pm

From the twitter page of Jarrod W. Ramos
The page’s bio read: “Dear reader: I created this page to defend myself. Now I'm suing the s--- out of half of AA County and making corpses of corrupt careers and corporate entities.”
$20 DCF bucks he’s a lefty....

Also, will the media classify him as Hispanic or white? I always love a good mystery.