Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:21 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:17 pm

That is not what it said.

That is what it said.
Wow, you really are having a hard time with comprehension.
The decision did not say that what the government did was wrong. It said the government's action was motivated by,

"a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs motivating his objection”

and that openly displaying that hostility, rather than appearing impartial, is what was wrong.

You're the last motherfucker around here who needs to bring up comprehension.
So you refuse to admit they overstepped their bounds?
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Haumana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:32 pm
Haumana wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:50 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 pm

"Some feeling" is far from "exactly."
Still a guess that you made up in your head that you can live with. Meaningless really but yet you present yours with some sort of weird conviction of being righteous about it.
You're attempting to distract from the issue at hand. Obama is not the president. Trump is, and in all his years he hasn't shown any interest in American values other than to further his personal power and access to money. Further, he's displayed a consistent disregard for what most would consider American decency common to most of us. He's achieved the pinnacle of power allowed within the limits of the Constitution. Forget your personal political leanings - how long will it be before he finds a way to get past those limits?
WTF? You are the one who brought up Obama, lady. And I showed where he pushed past those limits and transgressed Constitutional limits. Now you want to pretend that you didn't bring him up and blame me. Shady shit.

You are full of shit. There is video of Trump stating exactly what he ran on from 20 years ago on Oprah. Most of us? You speak for more than you now? Forget your TDS, how long will it take for you to shake the MSM driven narrative?

It is you loons that have driven many from the center to the "Not that" side of the fence. Your prompted outrage is duly noted and summarily dismissed. How has your day to day life changed exactly? Straightforward question. And don't bother with anything that has to do with TV or "News."

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Haumana wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 pm

There is video of Trump stating exactly what he ran on from 20 years ago on Oprah. Most of us? You speak for more than you now? Forget your TDS, how long will it take for you to shake the MSM driven narrative?

It is you loons that have driven many from the center to the "Not that" side of the fence. Your prompted outrage is duly noted and summarily dismissed. How has your day to day life changed exactly? Straightforward question. And don't bother with anything that has to do with TV or "News."
I am the center - a moderate on most issues. Your insistence that anyone who isn't hard right is a loon turns off the moderates, who are still the majority.

As far as how life has changed, I'm going to lose a lot of money this and every year because Trump is hitting hard at the states that didn't vote for him by passing tax plans designed to deliver a hard punch.He's been vindictive all his life and nothing has changed. Worst of all, I had to get my kids passports and passport cards to put in their wallets to prove they're citizens if ICE stops them, since we're within the 100 mile border area in which ICE may detain people. I am a fucking Mayflower descendent. My ancestors were burned out of Fort Herkimer and fought ferociously against the british and hessians during the Revolution, and some died. Now my kids are subject to some recent arrival questioning their citizenship. Our airports are losing so much money from his frequent visits that they may have to go out of business. They tried to kill our balloon fest but the people rose up against that one: he can't come here during that weekend and shut down a yearly tradition that makes money for a lot of small businesses. His bile is dividing families. In short, he's done damage to me and mine since shortly after taking office.
:royalty-queen:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:32 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 pm
Haumana wrote:

There is video of Trump stating exactly what he ran on from 20 years ago on Oprah. Most of us? You speak for more than you now? Forget your TDS, how long will it take for you to shake the MSM driven narrative?

I am the center - a moderate on most issues. Your insistence that anyone who isn't hard right is a loon turns off the moderates, who are still the majority.

As far as how life has changed, I'm going to lose a lot of money this and every year because Trump is hitting hard at the states that didn't vote for him by passing tax plans designed to deliver a hard punch.He's been vindictive all his life and nothing has changed. Worst of all, I had to get my kids passports and passport cards to put in their wallets to prove they're citizens if ICE stops them, since we're within the 100 mile border area in which ICE may detain people. I am a fucking Mayflower descendent. My ancestors were burned out of Fort Herkimer and fought ferociously against the british and hessians during the Revolution, and some died. Now my kids are subject to some recent arrival questioning their citizenship. Our airports are losing so much money from his frequent visits that they may have to go out of business. They tried to kill our balloon fest but the people rose up against that one: he can't come here during that weekend and shut down a yearly tradition that makes money for a lot of small businesses. His bile is dividing families. In short, he's done damage to me and mine since shortly after taking office.
Define “me and mine”
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:42 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Who's insistence? The latest polls about Trump's popularity would undermine your assertion. I doubt you are center moderate anything and also doubt your self awareness to provide an honest assessment of your positions. You coming crying about the latest media driven outrage is the only exhibit I need to enter into evidence to support my position.
MilSpecs wrote:
As far as how life has changed, I'm going to lose a lot of money this and every year because Trump is hitting hard at the states that didn't vote for him by passing tax plans designed to deliver a hard punch.He's been vindictive all his life and nothing has changed. Worst of all, I had to get my kids passports and passport cards to put in their wallets to prove they're citizens if ICE stops them, since we're within the 100 mile border area in which ICE may detain people.
This happened under Obama too, no? Checkpoint within 100 miles of the border? I remember watching Youtubes of people who refused to take part in the charade. I can link a few if that will help you out.
MilSpecs wrote:
I am a fucking Mayflower descendent. My ancestors were burned out of Fort Herkimer and fought ferociously against the british and hessians during the Revolution, and some died. Now my kids are subject to some recent arrival questioning their citizenship. Our airports are losing so much money from his frequent visits that they may have to go out of business. They tried to kill our balloon fest but the people rose up against that one: he can't come here during that weekend and shut down a yearly tradition that makes money for a lot of small businesses. His bile is dividing families. In short, he's done damage to me and mine since shortly after taking office.
Are you claiming some sort of privilege? People here on Oahu hated Obama because he liked to visit Kualoa Ranch and the two lane road had to be shut down every time he graced the islands with his presence.

Have fun with your balloon fest. It sounds like a global catastrophe if it were cancelled.

In short it sounds like you have an acute case of the TDS. Prescription is to turn off the television and make a balloon snake.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:04 pm

WTF? You are the one who brought up Obama, lady. And I showed where he pushed past those limits and transgressed Constitutional limits. Now you want to pretend that you didn't bring him up and blame me. Shady shit.
And don't think for a minute that your cropping this out went unnoticed. That you did shows how disingenuous you really are.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 pm
People rarely teach things they don't believe at all.
:lol:

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:40 pm

MilSpecs wrote:

As far as how life has changed, I'm going to lose a lot of money this and every year because Trump is hitting hard at the states that didn't vote for him by passing tax plans designed to deliver a hard punch.
How is eliminating Federal tax subsidies for state and local income and property taxes an attack on states that didn't vote for him ?

For years other states have been subsidizing your high taxes. I'd call that leveling the playing field.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:41 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:21 pm

Wow, you really are having a hard time with comprehension.
The decision did not say that what the government did was wrong. It said the government's action was motivated by,

"a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs motivating his objection”

and that openly displaying that hostility, rather than appearing impartial, is what was wrong.

You're the last motherfucker around here who needs to bring up comprehension.
So you refuse to admit they overstepped their bounds?
TC, you and I agree on what the ruling should have been. They should have said that the baker was protected, and the government was wrong to go after him.

That

is

not

what

the

court

said.

I'm not telling you you're position is wrong. I'm trying to warn you away from thinking this case went the way it should have. The ruling said the government was wrong ONLY because they were openly hostile against his religious beliefs. In other words, if the government did the exact same thing, but did it with a smile on their face in a very friendly way, it would not have been wrong.

Gorsuch and Thomas wrote their opinions in favor of the baker, and made it very clear that they disagreed with Kennedy's opinion.
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday ruled in favor of a Colorado baker who had refused to create a wedding cake for a gay couple. The court’s decision was narrow, and it left open the larger question of whether a business can discriminate against gay men and lesbians based on rights protected by the First Amendment.

The court passed on an opportunity to either bolster the right to same-sex marriage or explain how far the government can go in regulating businesses run on religious principles. Instead, Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s majority opinion turned on the argument that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, which originally ruled against the baker, had been shown to be hostile to religion because of the remarks of one of its members.

At the same time, Justice Kennedy strongly reaffirmed protections for gay rights.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:37 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751