Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 am

nmoore63 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 am
Okeefenokee wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:15 am
nmoore63 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:32 am
The problem I have with the Western Roman Empire's fall being caused by "migrant barbarians" is that diagnosis is similar to saying a 400 lb fatass died of heart failure.

The romans had been successfully dealing with migrant barbarians for over 500 years.

Migrant tribes violently invading or peacefully settling inside the empire is not the condition that changed.

Additionally, as I linked before, new cultural blood being injected into the system saved the romans ass many many times throughout their history.

Their single minded unity certainly proved decisive for the roman republic in the Punic wars, but if the roman empire had been a homogenous, closed society, they would have fallen long before they did.
You're bending over backwards to dismiss what actually happened by presenting hypotheticals that didn't happen.

No one knows what might have happened if ... We do know what did happen.
You still drunk from last night?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcomannic_Wars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatti
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadi

Shit wasn't remotely new to the western empire.

The non-roman tribes were essential to the state's surivial. Without Illyrians, Isaurians, Gauls, Goths, Numidians, soldiers the western roman state would have collaped hundreds of years sooner.
Have fun worshiping in the diversity cult, I guess.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:04 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 am
Not a devotee of diversity.

On the otherhand, most of the migrants are the same religious denominations as I am, so the worship thing isn't going to be a problem.

I fit in better with mexican catholics than I do with with urban atheists anyway.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:15 am

More anarcho-tyranny in England:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/06 ... locked-up/

Tommy Robinson goes to prison for telling people about Muslim rape gangs all over the country.

Muslim smashes a cop in the head with a cane and walks away from court with no jail time.

Anarcho-tyranny is the direct consequence of multiculturalism.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:31 am

According to "wikipedia" he was arrested for, " In May 2017, Robinson was convicted of contempt of court for using a camera inside Canterbury Crown Court and received a suspended sentence.[69] According to Judge Heather Norton, "this is not about free speech, not about the freedom of the press, nor about legitimate journalism, and not about political correctness. It is about justice and ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly, it's about being innocent until proven guilty. It is about preserving the integrity of the jury to continue without people being intimidated or being affected by irresponsible and inaccurate 'reporting', if that's what it was".[70]

9 June 2018, Trafalgar Square: Protests for the Release of Robinson
On 25 May 2018, Robinson was arrested for a breach of the peace while live streaming outside Leeds Crown Court[70][71] during a trial on which reporting restrictions had been ordered by the judge.[72]"

I'm ignorant of the specific procedures in the United States, but could a judge do the same thing here during a trial? Not let reporting of it to take place? Thanks.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:45 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:31 am
According to "wikipedia" he was arrested for, " In May 2017, Robinson was convicted of contempt of court for using a camera inside Canterbury Crown Court and received a suspended sentence.[69] According to Judge Heather Norton, "this is not about free speech, not about the freedom of the press, nor about legitimate journalism, and not about political correctness. It is about justice and ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly, it's about being innocent until proven guilty. It is about preserving the integrity of the jury to continue without people being intimidated or being affected by irresponsible and inaccurate 'reporting', if that's what it was".[70]

9 June 2018, Trafalgar Square: Protests for the Release of Robinson
On 25 May 2018, Robinson was arrested for a breach of the peace while live streaming outside Leeds Crown Court[70][71] during a trial on which reporting restrictions had been ordered by the judge.[72]"

I'm ignorant of the specific procedures in the United States, but could a judge do the same thing here during a trial? Not let reporting of it to take place? Thanks.
How fast do you think you could google up some photos of court houses swarming with reporters?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:35 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:32 am
The problem I have with the Western Roman Empire's fall being caused by "migrant barbarians" is that diagnosis is similar to saying a 400 lb fatass died of heart failure.

The romans had been successfully dealing with migrant barbarians for over 500 years.

Migrant tribes violently invading or peacefully settling inside the empire is not the condition that changed.

Additionally, as I linked before, new cultural blood being injected into the system saved the romans ass many many times throughout their history.

Their single minded unity certainly proved decisive for the roman republic in the Punic wars, but if the roman empire had been a homogenous, closed society, they would have fallen long before they did.

You're right that Rome had long dealt with "migrant barbarians". And that they incorporated their enemies tactics into their armies. You're also right that being "Roman", was not an ethnicity, and that the Roman empire, both the WRE and HRE and the earlier unified one, did not consist of one, homogenous ethnicity of "Roman". And even the "barbarization" of the WRE army wasn't the death knell. It was the solution of turning invading nations of Germanic tribes, like the Franks, or Goths, into foederati, settling them on Roman territory as a means of pacifying them. Accepting their chieftains as vassal kings as long as they recognize the Roman emperor as overlord. This loss of territory began after battle of Adrianople, which was the main reason they desperately began seeking ways to defend their territory using alternate means. Gradually, its entire military ability almost end exclusively in the hands of the foederati kings/chieftains. The Germanic invaders were the initial trigger.

And while you're right about adaptability, I'd be hesitant to agree with the "diversity" angle... depending on the definition of "diversity". If you mean accepting of multiculturalism? Not in the sense the US is, no. No empire ever was that. There's a ruling culture, and if you want accesss to power you better have the right name, belong to the right social class and dress like a real Roman. If you were some nobody merchant or slave from Britannia or Numidia, no Roman emperor would care that you retained your own culture... because you belonged to a class of people who were not meant to rule. You were meant to be ruled. Saint Augustine is a good example. Supposedly his parents, despite being native Numidians, knowing their language (I guess Berbers, now), they never spoke anything but Latin at home. They wanted success, to be Roman. Not a homogenous, but also not a multiculturally accepting society. One rules the other cultures who know their proper place.

At the end of the day, the WRE collapsed as a result of a massive incursion of primarily Germanic tribes, themselves fleeing wars, and possible climate change or other natural disasters. By handing over their own territory in exchange for protection, they lost tax revenue, losing more money to pay troops, eventually losing their army, and the state soon followed.

(I'm hoping I've actually written something coherent there. I'm drop dead tired. Otherwise, I'll try again in the morning (my morning... say twelve hours from now).
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:57 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:04 am
Okeefenokee wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 am
Not a devotee of diversity.

On the otherhand, most of the migrants are the same religious denominations as I am, so the worship thing isn't going to be a problem.

I fit in better with mexican catholics than I do with with urban atheists anyway.
You know that's not diversity, right? You just admitted that what works is commonality and not differentiation.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:05 pm

And across the US, the Mexicans go to their own separate mass

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:06 pm

He's right, though, that as far as anti-white diversity policies go, we got the best possible group of people. I too prefer them over liberal atheists, but that is beside the point.

At least we're not completely fucked like the British.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:05 pm
And across the US, the Mexicans go to their own separate mass
If I had to guess at where I'd find a diverse congregation it would be in one of those giant mega churches. I don't have much good to say about those.