THE ERA OF TRUMP

Montegriffo

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:16 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am
Any Trump fans think they should be back in the G7?
Well duh, Russians think it's a great idea.

America's actual allies think it's as bad an idea as the tariffs imposed on them.

The PM is not happy
The prime minister said Vladimir Putin’s regime must “change its approach” before it could restore its role at the table of the world’s richest economies.

Speaking in Canada, she highlighted Russia’s “malign activity” - in particular, the use of a nerve agent to poison Mr Skripal, the Russian double agent, and his daughter, in Salisbury.“I have always said we should engage with Russia but my phrase is 'engage but beware'” she told the BBC. “We should remind ourselves why the G8 became the G7, it was because Russia illegally annexed Crimea. We have seen malign activity from Russia in a whole variety of ways, of course including on the streets of Salisbury in the UK.

“So we need to say, I think, before any such conversations can take place, Russia needs to change its approach.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 89776.html
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Our “allies” have been talking a lot of shit about us for a lot of years.

I hope they’re enjoying their “time out”. It sucks to have to treat a bunch of nation states like kindergartners, but let the punishment match the behavior I s’pose.
:lol:

Back to your corner, dunces. When you can act grown up you can come back to the big boy table.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:35 am
Fife wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:56 am
If you ever need to get out of jury duty, I'll write a letter for you.
I've never actually sat on a jury, I've been called, and made the first couple cuts, but I guess lawyers don't like me.

I actually would love to sit through a case just to learn more about the legal system.
I enjoyed the experience, but most of the others were just dying to get out of there, and back to their Very Important Lives. One thing to take note of, is that there's a little election at the beginning for Jury Foreman. I recommend taking it. Most of them were at an elementary-school level, and it took ages to get them to think logically.

There was a little session for jury selection that was interesting. The lawyers took turns asking questions of a field of around 50 people, about their experiences with the law, and car accidents etc. I related the story of how I got smashed at 18, and spent 6 weeks in the hospital. Stated the facts, no emotion, as I do. I could hear the prosecution discussing me. The guy wanted to eliminate me, but the girl said "Nah, I think he's just solid." That felt good.

I heard a case where a middle-aged couple were suing a 20-something for peeling out of a gas station and T-boning them. The defendant had 2 insurance company lawyers, very slick, straight out of the movies. The prosecution had an 80 year old man that literally fell asleep twice during the proceedings. He stumbled over his words, and presented some truly shit photos of the damage to the car. He seemed to assume that he didn't need to even try.

The judge made it clear that fault was already established, and we were only there to determine damages - up to 120k. We were instructed not to assume where the money was coming from, or consider the insurance company as part of it.

The couple had doctors and friends testify that she had serious back issues as a result of it, the guy claimed "loss of affection" because she couldn't fuck or ride his bike anymore. The defendant lawyers made swiss cheese out of the prosecution. They even did the old 'say something outrageous, and then retract it' thing. I couldn't believe it worked, but several jury members bought it.

The jury members were a collection of StAs and Okees- instantly blamed the victims, and doubted every bit of their story. Then defended the kid, as though we were going to do personal damage to him (they thought the money would come out of his pocket). One was an ice cream truck driver, another was a vet, a hardcore conservative 20-something pregnant girl, a couple of retirees, and myself.

We had to find at least 8 people to agree that I) Damages should be awarded, and then II) How much. It took 2 days. We got free pizza and sodas, and all gave each other a headache.

It taught me never EVER to trust my wellbeing to 12 random idiots, no matter what it takes. And NEVER go into a court case without a decent lawyer.

In the end, we awarded 60k, just to get out of there. It was embarrasing, and I felt bad for the couple. But I learned a lot from the experience.
Last edited by SuburbanFarmer on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 am
doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am
Any Trump fans think?
Nope.
:lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:29 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever, DB. There must not be a lot going on if he has time to pardon dead people who don't have criminal records. There's millions more dead people without criminal records he could pardon as well.

I'm guessing this completely pointless gesture is related to Ali's daughter, who was, (like Martha Stewart & Rod Blagojevich,) a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Would Muhammad Ali be the first person without a criminal record to receive a presidential pardon?
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:44 pm

How does Google work, guys?
Anyone know?
:twisted:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:46 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's pretty funny.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:43 pm
Would Muhammad Ali be the first person without a criminal record to receive a presidential pardon?
I cannot believe this woman.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Wait ... wait ... I just figured out the Google. You can simply type your question into that search bar thingy. Here you go, Kath:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ted_States

John Quincy Adams - pardoned Wekau and Chickhonsic – Ho-Chunk leaders pardoned for their role in the Winnebago War

Those would be the earliest non-convicts to be pardoned according to Wikipedia.