Kath

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:26 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 am
...and then he said he’d write me
a letter to get out of jury duty.

:lol:
Fuck off DB. The original claim by me was that Ali wasn't in NEED of a pardon, and Fife told me I'm wrong, so a few pages later he could confirm I was right. I never said Trump couldn't pardon, only that Ali wasn't in need of one.

And, don't go there -of course I know he's dead. Loved ones of dead people do petition to get pardons granted posthumously, in order to give peace of mind. But, they need no such thing since there was no crime.

FFS people.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am

Any Trump fans think they should be back in the G7?
Last edited by doc_loliday on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am
Any Trump fans think?
Nope.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:35 am

nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:21 am
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/07/u ... eized.html

0854E0AB-3AE0-446A-946E-E04A1FB901C8.png
I'd like to know more about this timeline,
A former Senate Intelligence Committee aide was arrested on Thursday in an investigation of classified information leaks where prosecutors also secretly seized years’ worth of a New York Times reporter’s phone and email records.

The former aide, James A. Wolfe, 57, was charged with lying repeatedly to investigators about his contacts with three reporters. According to the authorities, Mr. Wolfe made false statements to the F.B.I. about providing two of them with sensitive information related to the committee’s work. He denied to investigators that he ever gave classified material to journalists, the indictment said.

Mr. Wolfe, the Intelligence Committee’s director of security, was slated to appear before a federal judge on Friday in Washington. Reached on Thursday evening before his arrest, Mr. Wolfe declined to comment.
F.B.I. agents initially approached Ms. Watkins about the relationship she had with Mr. Wolfe, saying they were investigating unauthorized leaks. The Justice Department told her in a letter sent in February that her records had been seized. The Times learned on Thursday of the letter, which came from the national security division of the United States attorney’s office in Washington.
The Justice Department told her in a letter sent in February that her records had been seized. The Times learned on Thursday of the letter
Reached on Thursday evening before his arrest, Mr. Wolfe declined to comment.
I figure it's against the law to call a criminal accomplice, or a criminal accomplice of an associate, to warn them that their criminal activity has been discovered.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:40 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:35 am
nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:21 am
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/07/u ... eized.html

0854E0AB-3AE0-446A-946E-E04A1FB901C8.png
I'd like to know more about this timeline,
A former Senate Intelligence Committee aide was arrested on Thursday in an investigation of classified information leaks where prosecutors also secretly seized years’ worth of a New York Times reporter’s phone and email records.

The former aide, James A. Wolfe, 57, was charged with lying repeatedly to investigators about his contacts with three reporters. According to the authorities, Mr. Wolfe made false statements to the F.B.I. about providing two of them with sensitive information related to the committee’s work. He denied to investigators that he ever gave classified material to journalists, the indictment said.

Mr. Wolfe, the Intelligence Committee’s director of security, was slated to appear before a federal judge on Friday in Washington. Reached on Thursday evening before his arrest, Mr. Wolfe declined to comment.
F.B.I. agents initially approached Ms. Watkins about the relationship she had with Mr. Wolfe, saying they were investigating unauthorized leaks. The Justice Department told her in a letter sent in February that her records had been seized. The Times learned on Thursday of the letter, which came from the national security division of the United States attorney’s office in Washington.
The Justice Department told her in a letter sent in February that her records had been seized. The Times learned on Thursday of the letter
Reached on Thursday evening before his arrest, Mr. Wolfe declined to comment.
I figure it's against the law to call a criminal accomplice, or a criminal accomplice of an associate, to warn them that their criminal activity has been discovered.
I think it might not be depending upon your individual circumstances and role in the conspiracy. If it were so, the government would just make everything into a non-ending investigation to keep secrets.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:41 am

Kath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:26 am
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 am
...and then he said he’d write me
a letter to get out of jury duty.

Fuck off DB. The original claim by me was that Ali wasn't in NEED of a pardon, and Fife told me I'm wrong, so a few pages later he could confirm I was right. I never said Trump couldn't pardon, only that Ali wasn't in need of one.

And, don't go there -of course I know he's dead. Loved ones of dead people do petition to get pardons granted posthumously, in order to give peace of mind. But, they need no such thing since there was no crime.

FFS people.
Naughty naughty. :naughty:
Kath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:28 am
He's considering pardoning Muhammad Ali. Oh dear. :lol: :lol: :lol: He really needs to hire himself a fact checker.
Kath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:11 am
Overturned means the court reversed the decision, which turns it from guilty to not guilty, no? How do you pardon someone who was found not guilty?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:44 pm

:beardymcredeyes:

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana
President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

One of the lead sponsors is Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), who is aligned with Trump on several issues but recently has tangled with the administration over the Justice Department’s threatened crackdowns on marijuana.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”

The legislative proposal, which is also championed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), would reshape the legal landscape for marijuana.

California and eight other states, as well as Washington, D.C., have legalized all adult use of marijuana. An additional 20 states permit marijuana for medical use.

But even as states legalize, marijuana has remained a risky and unstable business because of federal law making it illegal. Concerns about federal law enforcement seizures have inhibited most lenders from working with marijuana businesses. And investors have also proceeded cautiously.

A lifting of the federal prohibition would bolster efforts to create uniform testing and regulatory standards for marijuana, and potentially free scientists to pursue research into the medical uses of marijuana.

Trump said he is likely to support the federal legalization effort despite a warning against it from the coalition of narcotics officer groups.

“We urge you to see through the smoke screen and reject attempts to encourage more drug use in America,” they wrote in a letter to Trump Thursday.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:04 pm

He's going to make the democrats defend the war on marijuana..

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:04 pm
He's going to make the democrats defend the war on marijuana..

He’s no friend to weed, but he just gave Jeff Sessions a big ol’ FU.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"