Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:35 am

Yeah, shitty example. He probably wore pants.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:35 am

Kath wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:31 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:27 am

That's a robe dam it....a robe!!!!!!
It's a dress, actually. Just pointing out that there's nothing in our DNA telling us that skirts are for girls. It's not instinctual. Men were wearing skirts regularly until the 19th century. In Scotland, men are still wearing pleated skirts and nobody bats an eye.
Nut-ah.....nope....it's a robe...not a skirt....skirts are women wear. :snooty:
Last edited by Zlaxer on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:40 am

I Googled ''men in skirts.''
Luckily it didn't go as badly as it could have...
http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/articles/m/men-in-skirts/
In the West, men have not always worn trousers. It was with the evolution of tailoring from the 14th century that bifurcated garments gradually became associated with men’s dress and masculinity. Previously, both men and women wore draped or unshaped garments and tunics. As men’s tunics became shorter and tighter-fitting in the 15th century, fashionable men began to wear hose or stockings as outer leg wear. By the 16th century they had adopted breeches and by the early 19th century trousers. Long gowns and full-skirted coats, however, remained part of fashionable men’s wardrobes until the early 20th century.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:43 am

Skirts?

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:44 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:43 am

Skirts?
If it's all one piece it's a dress.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:49 am

Wait..a...minute.....were Fred and Barney Euroweenies?

I mean....Barney's got Blonde hair....which suggests northern Europe or Gaul.....

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Kath wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:09 am
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:49 pm
Nancies, just a bunch of Nancies :lol: :lol: :lol:
Genghis Khan. Super nancy? Let's pretend men never wore skirts, though....

No.

It's not about the clothes, it's about the intention behind making boys where skirts. It's about Gender Identity Politics, in this case feminizing boys.

I stated earlier, that I have no issue with Scots Men wearing kilts, it's a strong part of their culture. In our culture putting skirts on boys is an attempt to turn them into Nancies.

I think Doc would say to make them easier targets for women. He's probably right in this case.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:45 pm

The story, as reported, does not indicate the school being some sort of SJW haven. Sounds more of a traditionalist school that thinks wearing shorts is too prole for their fancy school, but who - upon the parent's inquiry - have to accept that their son would be allowed to wear a dress. Not because they're gender bender fanatics, but because they'd probably run afoul of pro-trans laws, not to mention lots of SJW outrage (by important people, those who mingle in the right circles, mind you).
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:51 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:45 pm
The story, as reported, does not indicate the school being some sort of SJW haven. Sounds more of a traditionalist school that thinks wearing shorts is too prole for their fancy school, but who - upon the parent's inquiry - have to accept that their son would be allowed to wear a dress. Not because they're gender bender fanatics, but because they'd probably run afoul of pro-trans laws, not to mention lots of SJW outrage (by important people, those who mingle in the right circles, mind you).
I disagree.
The school specifically states they want boys wearing dresses instead of shorts because they see dresses as gender neutral................. the rule was made because of gender politics.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:12 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:51 pm
BjornP wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:45 pm
I disagree.
The school specifically states they want boys wearing dresses instead of shorts because they see dresses as gender neutral................. the rule was made because of gender politics.
Fair enough, you're right. I was looking for direct quotes in the article, but missed the part where the father was referencing a statement to him by the school. But the way it's written, read as more than just the father's interpretation of things said to him when I first read it.
However, when quizzed about the boy being able to wear a skirt, the father said he was told that the uniform policy was gender neutral and boys could of course wear skirts.
It's interesting that they can't see shorts as more gender neutral than skirts and pants, of course. "Formal" is, after all, still more important to them than the gender neutrality thing.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.