Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 am

I don't know about all of Europe, I've not been everywhere however I can be certain that the British police have no truck with no go zones.
I mean, what kind of totalitarian police state allows no go zones?
Your police may be more engaged than others in Europe, but my intution tells me that there are likely already communities in England that are being run with a heavy dose of Sharia Law and Police aren't welcome. If England can buck the trend in Europe, props. I just don't see you guys being able to do that especially when you have a mayor telling folks they have to put up with radical Islamist attacks.
He said no such thing.
He said heightened security was part and parcel of living in a major city. Where's the lie?
I could say heightened security is part and parcel of going to school in the US. Am I saying that kids should put up with being shot by nutters?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am

My recollection is he said Urbanites need to accept that terrorism is part of living in a city.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 am
OK, Europe does not have any trouble with Muslim immigrants.

Enjoy your Ramadan festivities.
We do, but your "no go zones" are just not part of that trouble.
C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am
My recollection is he said Urbanites need to accept that terrorism is part of living in a city.
Shouldn't it be fairly easy giving your access to the internet to verify wether he actually said that, then? Instead of going by what you "feel" someone has said?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 am

C-Mag wrote:
He was asked about the New York bombing...

He's talking about vigilance not acceptance.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 am
C-Mag wrote:
He was asked about the New York bombing...

He's talking about vigilance not acceptance.
Yeah, that's the one.

You guys are funny we here in America trash our leaders, our government and crazy activities all the time. You Europeans throw up a wall of defense............... Nothing Wrong Here. We don't have any problems.

Why so insecure all the time ?
PLATA O PLOMO

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 16, 2018 9:42 am

How the German dictionary defines "no go areas", btw:
District in which there are always violent clashes and where public safety is not guaranteed
https://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/No_go_Area

A little different from Carlus' definition, one should think. No mention of a religious component. No mention of seperate (religious) legal system.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 16, 2018 9:51 am

We're in this fight together against people who seek to infringe upon Western World Liberties. We have the same type of issues here, not as pronounced but they are here just the same.
PLATA O PLOMO

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am

Yeah, that's the one.

You guys are funny we here in America trash our leaders, our government and crazy activities all the time. You Europeans throw up a wall of defense............... Nothing Wrong Here. We don't have any problems.

Why so insecure all the time ?
That's hilarious coming from people who keep voting in the same type of people every time, using the same system every time, complaining a little about it, but ultimately just resigning themselves to whining about the system instead of doing something about it, and electing a whiner-in-chief with a victimhood complex to lead them. Who just ends up reneging on most of his promises because he's a whiner with a victimhood complex...and thus needs others to save his ass.

Why so victimized all the time? Always remember, you can revolt at any time, if you wanted to... :whistle:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 am

No point in trying to talk to these liars.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 16, 2018 10:30 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:51 am
We're in this fight together against people who seek to infringe upon Western World Liberties. We have the same type of issues here, not as pronounced but they are here just the same.
Well, we sort of agree on that. Though I don't believe in any kind of moral universalism, I do want Western values of democracy, liberty and rule of law independent of either greased palms and the whims of powerful politicians to prevail in not just the "traditional" West, but also the former Soviet "sphere of interest" countries. Hungary, under Orban, is taking away the rights and freedoms that Hungarians came to enjoy after the fall of the Iron Curtain - yet in the US, Breitbart only covers news of Hungary as a "defender of the right to defend against unwanted immigration". Turkey, too, has very drastically lost its democracy and virtually all of their hard earned freedoms that they gained after decades of military juntas and instability. Freedom of the press is dying there, political opposition jailed, the State taking control of private media.

The one's actually succeeding at violating Western liberties in Europe, aren't immigrant Muslims, it's wannabe East European despots. The main problems with integrating Muslims, is that we keep getting new - particularly Arab - Muslims, who police those Muslims already living here and demand they act more like proper Muslims instead of depraved, decadent Westerners. The solution is a full stop to new citizenships for Muslims from areas with a high degree of religious conservatism/intolerance, and finding some way to limit influx of refugees from those areas - or at least keep them isolated as much as possible from the rest of society while also caring for them untill they are safe to leave again. Better yet, find some way to help them locally, like in Syria's neighbouring countries or Syria itself.