My son....the felon

Kill the King

Re: My son....the felon

Post by Kill the King » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:11 pm

KTK, don't just give up on the military idea because of that comment. Every state's laws are different regarding juvenile offenses and pre-trial diversion, &c. You need to talk to a competent attorney in your town, ASAP. Get someone who knows the law AND the local juvenile court judge to give you the straight dope so you can evaluate options with your son.

You're in a tactical situation right now -- Get competent advice immediately on what your best options are. Deal with incoming fire and then focus on big picture stuff.

Thanks. Met with an assigned probation officer, because he's a juvenile, today. She said it's most likely to be 6 months probation. I think they have some sympathy for him.

A little background: about two years ago his best friend was killed I'm front of him. It was a robbery/drug deal. His friend was selling some pot. Another kid (in the rival high school) agreed to buy it. They met at a park. The kid from the rival high school drove up in a van. (Sorry if its confusing) my son and his friend got into the van. They attempted to rob my friends son. He pulls out a fake gun. The others pull out REAL guns and kill my sons friend. They instruct my son to remove the body. He does. They leave. He calls cops.

Stupid teenagers. I did stupid shit too. Beer runs happened. I'm not telling him that....its a different world

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:15 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:56 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:53 pm
then a good shrink
No
Says the role model.
Just because you got a cousin making a living off grifting people and prescribing drugs doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Also, I need some advice on something if you would be willing to give me any. It's really stupid but I was wondering if there were any, cheat codes, to it.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:16 pm

You probably should be as honest as you’ve ever been with him (once appropriate punishment is completed). He needs to know that you were stupid too, and that his life is not over. Don’t let him see a tunnel, when his life is just beginning.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Kill the King wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:11 pm
KTK, don't just give up on the military idea because of that comment. Every state's laws are different regarding juvenile offenses and pre-trial diversion, &c. You need to talk to a competent attorney in your town, ASAP. Get someone who knows the law AND the local juvenile court judge to give you the straight dope so you can evaluate options with your son.

You're in a tactical situation right now -- Get competent advice immediately on what your best options are. Deal with incoming fire and then focus on big picture stuff.

Thanks. Met with an assigned probation officer, because he's a juvenile, today. She said it's most likely to be 6 months probation. I think they have some sympathy for him.

A little background: about two years ago his best friend was killed I'm front of him. It was a robbery/drug deal. His friend was selling some pot. Another kid (in the rival high school) agreed to buy it. They met at a park. The kid from the rival high school drove up in a van. (Sorry if its confusing) my son and his friend got into the van. They attempted to rob my friends son. He pulls out a fake gun. The others pull out REAL guns and kill my sons friend. They instruct my son to remove the body. He does. They leave. He calls cops.

Stupid teenagers. I did stupid shit too. Beer runs happened. I'm not telling him that....its a different world
Hmm well just try and see if you can get a lawyer to ask the judge to get him into the military.

Sounds too late by now. Already sentenced it seems. Never going to get in now

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:19 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:16 pm
You probably should be as honest as you’ve ever been with him (once appropriate punishment is completed). He needs to know that you were stupid too, and that his life is not over. Don’t let him see a tunnel, when his life is just beginning.
No. The last thing he needs is an enabler or a bleeding heart best buddy.

Also, don't take any advice from millennials. They have no idea how to parent and have some of the worst parents themselves.

Kill the King

Post by Kill the King » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Honestly I don't know but he said the military won't accept anyone with PTSD. I know there are several veterans here. Does anyone know? He claims that he has recurring nightmares. Am I an asshole because I think he should suck it up? Sometimes I think I'm too tough and then sit like this happens.

Parenting sucks

Mama said I would pay for being a shitty kid

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:32 pm

Kill the King wrote:

Did this happen where he lives now?
:royalty-queen:

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:33 pm

Kill the King wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:26 pm
Honestly I don't know but he said the military won't accept anyone with PTSD. I know there are several veterans here. Does anyone know? He claims that he has recurring nightmares. Am I an asshole because I think he should suck it up? Sometimes I think I'm too tough and then sit like this happens.

Parenting sucks

Everything you just added is just more reasons for some kind of mental health intervention, and I'm not talking about drugs. He needs to talk to somebody not his parents or friends who is trained to help people struggling like him.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:39 pm

Kill the King wrote:

That's some story. He needs to talk to your local version of Dr. Y. You are in a tough spot. I don't think your mom wished this on you. ;) I think what you are saying is that he's not a bad kid; he's just seen some shit and hasn't a clue how to process it.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:41 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:33 pm
Kill the King wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Parenting sucks

Everything you just added is just more reasons for some kind of mental health intervention, and I'm not talking about drugs. He needs to talk to somebody not his parents or friends who is trained to help people struggling like him.
Yeah I'm with him now. This seems like there is a lot more going on here the more you talking about it

Brewster I need some advice dude. Yes or no? Shoot me a PM or I can start a new thread