Seriously, no one is talking about the riots?

The Conservative

Re: Seriously, no one is talking about the riots?

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:55 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:52 am
Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:48 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:45 am
DHS turning security of the Portland courthouse over to the Oregon state police.

Trump really sucks at tyrannical martial law
Don't worry, the next round of hysteria is already coming. Next it will be "Trump's suspending elections! He's a danger to democracy!"
I'm beginning to wonder if him saying that was just to set up the DNC. More 4d chess by the master.
People don't seem to realize, Donald Trump is a true Democrat, a Kennedy Democrat if anything... not what we call a Democrat today.

He's not playing 4D chess... he's playing chess while they are playing checkers with a Mancala board.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:58 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 am
Prop 1: I don't like leftists and think they are wrong

Prop 2: Professor Ted doesn't like leftists and thinks they are wrong

Ergo: Ted must have coherent ideas.

Post hoc rationalization in the service of motivated reasoning.
Prop 1: I don't like leftists and think they are wrong

Prop 2: Professor Ted doesn't like leftists and thinks they are wrong

Ergo: I must worship Ted and everything he thinks and does.

Derp, derp.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:42 pm

There’s also a measure of self-respect and individualism that society enjoyed prior to becoming replaceable cogs in the machines. Now those same machines are ever-consuming, ever-demanding monstrosities that control our governments and liberties.

But I guess it’s cool cause medicine and tv exists.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:58 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:42 pm
There’s also a measure of self-respect and individualism that society enjoyed prior to becoming replaceable cogs in the machines. Now those same machines are ever-consuming, ever-demanding monstrosities that control our governments and liberties.

But I guess it’s cool cause medicine and tv exists.
Self-Respect? Sounds racist.

Let's just fry our frontal lobes with entertainment.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:21 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:40 am
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:33 am
You're an idiot if you think destroying industry, capital, and technology is going to improve people's lives by curing their depression.
Who in this thread has lobbied for that? You're strawmanning like hell.

"YOU QUOTED THE UNABOMBER YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING HE SAID, REEEEEEEEE"

Your contention is that the industrial revolution and the prodigious advancements in technology over a relatively short period of time has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with a decrease in general happiness and an increase in mental illness. I just don't see how you can make those leaps.
You are pointing to cyber bullying and increased depression since the 1970s as evidence that the industrial revolution has made people worse off.

Your case is garbage, I am not straw manning it.

Ted Kaczynski's logic is that of a resentful, mewling baby, blaming society for personal failures. If you find it convincing, you might consider if you aren't being a little bit of a resentful, mewling baby.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:46 pm

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:21 pm
Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:33 am
You're an idiot if you think destroying industry, capital, and technology is going to improve people's lives by curing their depression.

Your contention is that the industrial revolution and the prodigious advancements in technology over a relatively short period of time has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with a decrease in general happiness and an increase in mental illness. I just don't see how you can make those leaps.
You are pointing to cyber bullying and increased depression since the 1970s as evidence that the industrial revolution has made people worse off.

Ted Kaczynski's logic is that of a resentful, mewling baby, blaming society for personal failures. If you find it convincing, you might consider if you aren't being a little bit of a resentful, mewling baby.
Cool. Thanks.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:52 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:52 am
Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:48 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:45 am
DHS turning security of the Portland courthouse over to the Oregon state police.

Trump really sucks at tyrannical martial law
Don't worry, the next round of hysteria is already coming. Next it will be "Trump's suspending elections! He's a danger to democracy!"
I'm beginning to wonder if him saying that was just to set up the DNC. More 4d chess by the master.
Good call, everyone. His most recent tweet:
Trump wrote:Glad I was able to get the very dishonest LameStream Media to finally start talking about the RISKS to our Democracy from dangerous Universal Mail-In-Voting (not Absentee Voting, which I totally support!).

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:46 pm
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:21 pm
Xenophon wrote:

Cool. Thanks.
Society was always full of resentful, mewling babies; just that now they’ve joined forces via Social Media; and there’s a lot of them.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:10 am

Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:16 am
You guys realize you are praising a failed scientist who crippled real scientists with all your "the left are losers that hate science" nonsense?

Someone who was unemployable and jobless, but managed to murder a small business owner.

Real hero.
Did you know Ted was a victim of MK Ultra experiments?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:22 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:10 am
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:16 am
You guys realize you are praising a failed scientist who crippled real scientists with all your "the left are losers that hate science" nonsense?

Someone who was unemployable and jobless, but managed to murder a small business owner.

Real hero.
Did you know Ted was a victim of MK Ultra experiments?
HM: Why doesn't he just walk it off? Pathetic coward.