Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:33 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:22 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:46 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:58 pm
Time4Learning.com and abcmouse are all you need. Take responsibility for their education.
Have been using them pre-pandemic. Still would rather have a more solid foundation.
That’s on you, as a parent. Fill in the gaps.
No shit, but knowing when you have limitations also helps, it still doesn't answer the issue of giving him a full education.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:33 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:46 am

Have been using them pre-pandemic. Still would rather have a more solid foundation.
No shit, but knowing when you have limitations also helps, it still doesn't answer the issue of giving him a full education.
I gave you the sites we use for book knowledge.

I fill the gaps with great books, tv shows, and movies that helped me open my mind. Take the kids out bowling, golfing, gardening, etc.

I don’t know how to get a good university education online. That was a miss for me, but it works for some.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:40 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am
The Conservative wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I fill the gaps with great books, tv shows, and movies that helped me open my mind. Take the kids out bowling, golfing, gardening, etc.

I don’t know how to get a good university education online. That was a miss for me, but it works for some.
My son isn't an online learner, he is an in-person learner... so it is a slippery slope upon where his education comes from.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:43 am

Feed store was out of chicken feed. I got the last sack yesterday. They said they would get more in late in the week.
I've never seen this before. The pet food area was depleted as well.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:15 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:40 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am
The Conservative wrote:

My son isn't an online learner, he is an in-person learner... so it is a slippery slope upon where his education comes from.
Sounds like you guys will need to help him understand the lessons once in a while. Not sure what “in person learner” implies, but it can be done.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:34 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:15 pm

Sounds like you guys will need to help him understand the lessons once in a while. Not sure what “in person learner” implies, but it can be done.
What don't you understand ?
In-person learning is any form of instructional interaction that occurs “in person” and in real time between teachers and students or among colleagues and peers. Before the advent of audio, video, and internet technologies that allowed people to interact from different locations and at different times, all instructional interactions occurred, by necessity, in the same place and at the same time. The term is therefore a retronym that arose in response to technology-enabled forms of instruction—specifically,various forms of asynchronous and synchronous learning.

:P
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:50 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:34 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

In-person learning is any form of instructional interaction that occurs “in person” and in real time between teachers and students or among colleagues and peers. Before the advent of audio, video, and internet technologies that allowed people to interact from different locations and at different times, all instructional interactions occurred, by necessity, in the same place and at the same time. The term is therefore a retronym that arose in response to technology-enabled forms of instruction—specifically,various forms of asynchronous and synchronous learning.

Lol not sure if serious. I’ve heard the term.

The idea here being that someone is actually incapable of learning from interactive, reading, or video instruction? Or that they simply prefer someone reading it to them in person?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:55 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:50 pm
C-Mag wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

The idea here being that someone is actually incapable of learning from interactive, reading, or video instruction? Or that they simply prefer someone reading it to them in person?
I'm deadly serious. That description was just off the top of my head, and gave me a good opportunity use the terms retronym and asynchronous, which actually, I use in everyday life all the time. :whistle: ...... is my mike on ?

I'd never heard of it before either. I've heard of graphic learners and text based learners, but not In Person. I've heard that Harvey Weinstein insisted actresses were In Person Learners.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:58 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:55 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:50 pm
C-Mag wrote:

I'm deadly serious. That description was just off the top of my head, and gave me a good opportunity use the terms retronym and asynchronous, which actually, I use in everyday life all the time. :whistle: ...... is my mike on ?

I'd never heard of it before either. I've heard of graphic learners and text based learners, but not In Person. I've heard that Harvey Weinstein insisted actresses were In Person Learners.
Greatest acting teacher of all time.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:13 pm

We need to understand that these supply chain failures are brought to us by Monopoly Capitalism that our government encourages and aids. They have destroyed local producers throughout the nation. Communities all used to have their own dairies, creameries, egg producers and butchers. Now we have this.

Monopoly Capitalism is not really capitalism, it's not a free market when the government allows global tyrants to take over 99% of food production.
PLATA O PLOMO