Social Justice Warriors Thread

Kath

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:45 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:31 pm

There is no alcohol allowed on that beach. It's a $900 fine but usually they confiscate it or pour it out. You know, if you don't act like a raging cunt.
I agree. But, look at the willingness of the cops to take it further than needed.

From her POV, she's a mother with a child sitting on the beach not drinking an unopened bottle of alcohol near her. She takes their test, twice, and passes, twice. Now they want her papers. For what? She panicked. Yeah, she shouldn't have panicked, but, humans are going to human. Her kid is there - who knows what was running through her mind?

IMO, the cops, in general, need to be more mature and less willing to treat their fellow citizens as if they need to show their papers, even if they've done nothing wrong. I don't want to live in that world.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Your excuses ar wearisome, trite, misguided, and poorly selected to defend and excuse indefensible behavior.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Kath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:45 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:

There is no alcohol allowed on that beach. It's a $900 fine but usually they confiscate it or pour it out. You know, if you don't act like a raging cunt.
I agree. But, look at the willingness of the cops to take it further than needed.

From her POV, she's a mother with a child sitting on the beach not drinking an unopened bottle of alcohol near her. She takes their test, twice, and passes, twice. Now they want her papers. For what? She panicked. Yeah, she shouldn't have panicked, but, humans are going to human. Her kid is there - who knows what was running through her mind?

IMO, the cops, in general, need to be more mature and less willing to treat their fellow citizens as if they need to show their papers, even if they've done nothing wrong. I don't want to live in that world.
She was doing something wrong. She was underage in possession of alcohol and also violating the rules of the beach. She wasn't thinking as a mother she was thinking "This probably violates my parole." Guess what if that didn't, it does, then an assault arrest does.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Kath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:45 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:

I mean I'm not a fan of no alcohol on the beach and sometimes I'll break that law as well. But I would present ID and comply just like the dozens of other times I've managed to not get roughed up or shot by stupid cops. Idk, I mean I have this knack for getting warnings I just say yes sir no sir and keep my hands visible while proving my identity. I just can't understand how people think they are going to somehow win against a cop. Maybe she was roughed up but maybe she deserved it.

Otoh there are far worse cases of police brutality so I don't see why this one became a flashpoint.

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:32 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:02 pm

I mean I'm not a fan of no alcohol on the beach and sometimes I'll break that law as well.
This isn't about the particular crime. Some here feel that murder, rape & property damage are as bad as having an open stick of yellow margarine in Missouri. I do not.

If there is so little crime that people are getting detained for having a stick of butter, then we simply need less cops and we can give the taxpayers back some of their money. Taking the most minor offenses, and not walking away when the citizen says, "no, I won't show you my papers as you have no reasonable doubt that I've committed a crime," simply means there are too many people doing a job. I see it all the time..... someone taking far longer to do a task (my IT department charges my team several hundred internal dollars to change a few words, that I fucking wrote for them, in an html file,) simply means there isn't enough work to go around so people go around creating drama to justify their existence.

It's so easy to believe this happens in private industry, but to suggest it's happening on the government level, especially with cops, is verboten.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Kath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:32 pm

This isn't about the particular crime. Some here feel that murder, rape & property damage are as bad as having an open stick of yellow margarine in Missouri. I do not.
More like some feel the compulsion to lie when their intellect can’t keep pace with their emotions.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:41 pm

I view it as somewhat more constructive than hiding under an overpass and pulling people over for not wearing their safety belt. The no alcohol law is there for a reason, not for generating revenue. There are probably too many people causing problems or maybe it's some mommy-coddling, safety concern about swimmers drowning. I'm not trying to kiss the boot anyway, I don't like that law and will break it sometimes like I said, but complying with a police officer is so easy in 9/10 cases that I feel it's a basic modicum of civility. I don't have patience for people that can't do that basic level of civility.

All that said, I'm reminded of the guy that had to crawl while pulling up his pants while keeping his arms up. That cop was out of line. This one? Idk maybe a little but like I said, no patience for this bitch.

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:49 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:41 pm

All that said, I'm reminded of the guy that had to crawl while pulling up his pants while keeping his arms up. That cop was out of line. This one? Idk maybe a little but like I said, no patience for this bitch.
I think we agree more than not, really. Is there a line the cops can cross? Does a citizen ever have a right to not show papers? Stop and frisk was horrid, and that stopped. Good.

Dude, I've been stopped for having a bottle on the beach. The lifeguard came over, grabbed it, said "not allowed," or something like that, and walked away. We seem to have different sets of rules for different sets of people based on the cop's willingness to escalate a situation that doesn't come close to warranting it. She really didn't commit a crime. Sitting near an unopened bottle of alcohol is not a crime. Not underage drinking? Also not a crime.

Proportional response.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Not sure if it was an open container beach or just no alcohol but either way a bottle of booze is enough to illicit the response of the police officer. It would have been a trivial thing to comply instead of getting beat around the head and neck but that's a lesson too many nowadays are ignorant of. If she wants to make a righteous stand against the hegemonic new world order and their lackeys, there are surely better ways.

I think stop and frisk worked however. The numbers show it. I find it to be egregious on a moral level but it worked and New York became safer. So the only victims of the people living in New York of that policy were criminals and pot heads that probably got a $100 fine. Everyone else got to live in the worlds most diverse city a little safer. And let's be real, we know the types they were profiling for stop and frisk. These cops are dumb but they can spot trouble, especially a New York cop.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:57 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:43 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 am
DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am
The liquor the woman said belonged to her 40 y/o aunt? The aunt she couldn’t produce, and they couldn’t locate on account of her refusal to provide her name?

Yeah.

The cops were escalating it, not the shrieking, combative, under-age liar.
Lulz
Caught with an unlikely alibi for a minor infraction. Surely, no level of enforcement could be excessive here.
Remember that these idiots were just last week defending sentencing a man with no attorney to die in a muslim prison because he recorded the outside of a court where the government was covering up decades of muslim rape gangs raping thousands of young girls.
Just fuck off with your lies.
He was jailed for contempt of court.
He had a lawyer present.
There are no Muslim prisons.
There have been numerous public inquiries about your ''rape gangs''.
He will not die in prison.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.