Social Justice Warriors Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am
The liquor the woman said belonged to her 40 y/o aunt? The aunt she couldn’t produce, and they couldn’t locate on account of her refusal to provide her name?

Yeah.

The cops were escalating it, not the shrieking, combative, under-age liar.
Lulz
Caught with an unlikely alibi for a minor infraction. Surely, no level of enforcement could be excessive here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:53 am

Reap what you sow. A thousand ways this could’ve done down without a head punching. The woman was rather invested in making sure none of those alternatives happened.
Oh well. Boo hoo.

/shrug

(I notice every other MIP handed out on the beach that day happened without any record of violence. It’s almost as if there was something unusual about this case ... and it wasn’t the same cops handing out tickets all day that changed)
:think:
Last edited by DBTrek on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 am
If people continue to view every single incident of a cop using force as a cry for Police brutality what you are going to end up with a decade from now is more brutality from Police. The good cops and good people looking to that as a possible profession are going to look at the witch hunting and decide to follow some other career path. That leaves you filling those spots with the ones who really do get off on being in power and taking out their aggression on others. Then you'll have a legit grips about a Police state because you will have run off all the decent ones.
Fair points, but I'd argue that that has already happened a long time ago. There's little reason for anyone to choose police work, if they're capable of doing something else.
To those whining about the Police asking for her name and chasing her down over a minor infraction. When a person refuses to give their name to a cop they have to assume it could be because they are wanted for something else. That's a big red flag to an officer, aside from the being disrespectful part. Then to begin walking away and trying getting away from them is another red flag. They have no idea who this person is. If they let her go only to later find out she has a warrant would you be happy with that?
Yes. I would be fine with that. This is why we used to have a 4th Amendment.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:56 am

I'll have to watch again, but where was the baby daddy during the whole thing? He shows up at the end when she's screaming "That's my daughter" (as a way to try and get more sympathy from the crowd). Could it be that he saw the cops and stayed at a distance because he knew they had alcohol they shouldn't have had there?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:56 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:53 am
Reap what you sow. A thousand ways this could’ve done down without a head punching. The woman was rather invested in making sure none of those alternatives happened.
Oh well. Boo hoo.

/shrug

(I notice every other MIP handed out on the beach that day happened without any record of violence. It’s almost as if there was something unusual about this case ... and it wasn’t the same cops handing out tickets all day that changed)
:think:
No one is arguing that she wasn't an idiot. The discussion is around the appropriate police response, and other ways that this situation could have been handled.

Do try to keep up.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:58 am

Everyone but the shrieking know-nothings have already declared appropriate use of force.
You keep up.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:58 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
If they let her go only to later find out she has a warrant would you be happy with that?
Absolutely not. You are 100% correct. Show your papers, citizen, we need to verify you aren't wanted.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:01 am

Kath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:48 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:37 am

The resisting came when she tried evading the cops by walking away, then flailing around trying to escape. That's when they took her to the ground. While on the ground she continued to resist and kicked at them. That is when the cop landed 2 punches on her.
No part of that is untrue. My issue stems from the cops looking for a reason to arrest her. They should have, after she passed the breathalyzer twice, grabbed the unopened bottle of liquor and went about their day. Why are we letting the cops escalate every minor infraction? There's no doubt the cops of today are escalating minor things into major things. Like I said earlier, down here, the lifeguard would have taken the bottle away and gone about their day. No cops would be called. Nobody arrested. Nobody beat up for resisting an arrest that should have never taken place.
They are going to cite her that is an arrest. The magic words are am I free to go or am I being detained. She was. They could've done it there or back at the station.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
If people continue to view every single incident of a cop using force as a cry for Police brutality what you are going to end up with a decade from now is more brutality from Police. The good cops and good people looking to that as a possible profession are going to look at the witch hunting and decide to follow some other career path. That leaves you filling those spots with the ones who really do get off on being in power and taking out their aggression on others. Then you'll have a legit grips about a Police state because you will have run off all the decent ones.
Fair points, but I'd argue that that has already happened a long time ago. There's little reason for anyone to choose police work, if they're capable of doing something else.
You're admitting to a bias against Police. In your mind they're all already bad cops because if they were capable of anything else they would be doing that.
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
:doh:

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:03 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:
To those whining about the Police asking for her name and chasing her down over a minor infraction. When a person refuses to give their name to a cop they have to assume it could be because they are wanted for something else. That's a big red flag to an officer, aside from the being disrespectful part. Then to begin walking away and trying getting away from them is another red flag. They have no idea who this person is. If they let her go only to later find out she has a warrant would you be happy with that?
From the person that wants a gun registry, everybody. You can change your name still a fucking idiot all the same.