The Green Leap Forward

C-Mag

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:29 am

BjornP questsions

Are you then also opposed to the US government funding fusion power in cooperation with other countries? No

Or any form of research into so-called green energy? I've been very clear in the previous pages about where I see the best use of Green Energy

As for regulation, are you against all forms of regulation? Regulations always favor the businesses with the investments current industry, best to be cautious.

You don't think it should be criminal for someone to dump toxic waste into the same water source you get your drinking water from, to use the extreme example? More toxic waste the better :mrgreen:

Greenies spend too much effort in the US trying to further control the Western US. They largely ignore the severe impacts of the environmental wastelands called urban environments. There's a lifetime of work there to better balance and lower the impact, toxic dumping and pollution on the planet.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Landscape
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:27 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:29 am
BjornP questsions

Are you then also opposed to the US government funding fusion power in cooperation with other countries? No

Or any form of research into so-called green energy? I've been very clear in the previous pages about where I see the best use of Green Energy

As for regulation, are you against all forms of regulation? Regulations always favor the businesses with the investments current industry, best to be cautious.

You don't think it should be criminal for someone to dump toxic waste into the same water source you get your drinking water from, to use the extreme example? More toxic waste the better :mrgreen:

Greenies spend too much effort in the US trying to further control the Western US. They largely ignore the severe impacts of the environmental wastelands called urban environments. There's a lifetime of work there to better balance and lower the impact, toxic dumping and pollution on the planet.

Has no one ever told you it's really unlucky to write in green CM?

Bjorn has made the point I'd have made about regs last night if I'd had the energy.
Greens in Europe are not the same as yours (if your opinion of them is truly representative).
Cities are some of the most tightly regulated areas concerning environmental issues. Cars are now being banned from more and more city centres for the sake of clean air.
As more and more cars become electric then renewable sources of electricity will become even more important.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:27 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:29 am

Has no one ever told you it's really unlucky to write in green CM?

Bjorn has made the point I'd have made about regs last night if I'd had the energy.
Greens in Europe are not the same as yours (if your opinion of them is truly representative).
Cities are some of the most tightly regulated areas concerning environmental issues. Cars are now being banned from more and more city centres for the sake of clean air.
As more and more cars become electric then renewable sources of electricity will become even more important.
Willing to listen.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:53 pm

BjornP wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:58 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:41 am
BjornP wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:01 am
I can't help but wonder how far ahead nuclear power could have become in Western Europe if the anti-nuclear power protests hadn't joined forces with the environmentalists. More and more leftists here are starting to reconsider, and it seems a few of them got a bit of an ideological hangover - now having turned to see nuclear power as the more "adult", reasonable, green option.

I know they're building a huge (experimental) fusion power plant in, I think, France. Funded by alot of different countries' governments, though. Think it should be finished by 2020, so that could solve alot of problems if they (finally get fusion to work under stable conditions). There will probably be those old anti-nuclear groups who think that, too, is "dangerous".
Can't help but wonder how far ahead renewable power would be if the fossil fuel lobbies didn't have so many politicians in their pocket.
Do you say that to argue against nuclear power? If so, I don't get it? I prefer heavy investment into the research, development and application of both nuclear and renewable power. Both represent green technologies.
No. I think NP should be seen as only a stopgap measure though. It is not the answer by itself. It is too expensive to build and no one wants one near where they live so they take years to get through the planning stage.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Fife wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 pm
Also, as to the Green Leap Forward: CO2 is a big old Red Herring. CO2 don't mean shit.
If you refuse to believe fossil fuels are causing climate change then arguing about the best way to deal with it is inherently disingenuous, since you don't actually care about achieving the goal.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Eventually the enviro lefties will overreach, then they will be shot by the fascists, problem solved.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:17 pm

They should pin the blame of climate change on aliens so that we can transition from fear of climate change to an alien menace. This type of shit is all about control and power. When it becomes possible to hoax an alien threat, you better believe it's getting hoaxed faster than NASA can cook climate data.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:22 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:20 pm
Fife wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 pm
Oh yeah -- Another great counterargument to private nuclear power: Muh Terrism.

Also, as to the Green Leap Forward: CO2 is a big old Red Herring. CO2 don't mean shit.
I gotta hand it to the Stalinists. Picking Carbon as the key element to regulate is fucking brilliant!
Carbon is the 4th most common element in the universe and the most common element on the planets surface. Control Carbon and you can control everything.

Bill Belichick level diabolical. :mrgreen:
Do you even chemistry bro? :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:51 pm

Just enough to be dangerous. No lie, Chemistry was the hardest course I had in college, proudest C I've ever gotten.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:27 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:51 pm
Just enough to be dangerous. No lie, Chemistry was the hardest course I had in college, proudest C I've ever gotten.
Carbon is the most versatile element - it binds with nearly anything. That’s why it’s the basis of nearly all organic life. There are deep sea creatures that are Silicon-based, but very few of them.

You’re right that it’s stupid to blame “carbon” itself, as it’s not a problem until it combines with Oxygen. A problem for us to breathe, and a problem for heat-trapping. Great for photosynthesis though.

Also, Hydrogen is by far the most common element in the universe. Just not on earth. Nitrogen makes up 70% of our atmosphere.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0