Trump and Giuliani threaten Cohen’s family? Thoughts?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Trump and Giuliani threaten Cohen’s family? Thoughts?

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:10 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:01 pm
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:49 am

The evidence I usually use to determine if someone is a moron is how they express themselves, and the complexity of the things they are trying to express. Everything Trump tries to express is very simple (which isn't to say wrong), and the way he expresses it is idiotic.

For example, I have mentioned the Steve Bannon, David Frum debate on this forum before. Bannon is supporting much of Trumps agenda, but he is obviously not a moron, because he actually understands the agenda and can describe it in complete sentences, and isn't simply regurgitating the same three or four word catch phrases.
Yeah, nothing wrong with that. AOC and Palin are judged the same way. Trump is definitely not a Cunning-linguist :?

Bannon is very good at presenting the Economic Nationalist Platform.

Not many illusions with Trump. He is what he is. I'll go back to this, the Illusion is the polished politician, not Trump. There's this cry to look at Trumps tax returns, cuz the Bushes and Clintons always show their tax returns. And I say ,well those cats in the establishment have known for decades that if you are going to be in public office your tax returns should reflect a positive view. But the average person with no intention of being in public office may have things that they would rather keep private.

Trump loves to talk of the cuff, hates the teleprompter and is flat and pretty awful when using it. Frankly, I would love to ban the teleprompter from all politicians. Let's pull back the curtain on these bastards and see how smart any of them sound.
Some performers are good improvisers, some are good at playing from the book, some are good at both, but can't engage a crowd. Trump is good at neither, but can charm an audience like a motherfucker. Nothing wrong with a little polish, and it is a huge mistake to confuse a simple lack of polish with 'authenticity.'

As for the tax returns, it isn't crazy to expect some sort of proof that you aren't compromised by conflicts of interests before they make you the leader of the free world, and so forth.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:11 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:38 am
JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:31 am
Weird how trump got exactly what he wanted, which is for Cohen not to testify in front of the newly democrat empowered congress, and you’ve got the guy who was supposed to testify telling you that Trump is the reason he won’t do it. You’ve got tweets of trump referencing his family repeatedly, and without any relevance to cohens testimony, suggesting that his family is in danger of going down for undisclosed crimes, and Cohen pointing to those remarks as the reason he won’t testify. Yet you think it’s more likely that the Weasley Cohen would rather go to jail for a long time without any plausible motive.

Yep, I’m sure Trump is just extremely lucky and had no hand in this.
I woke up this morning and it was dark. I screamed "Sun, RISE!" and shortly after the sun came up. Weird how I got exactly what I wanted.

Also, if you are going to (finally, 12 pages in) begin to post additional details, please include links to your sources.
I liked to a vox article early in the thread that has plenty of deets. Here it is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.co ... law-threat

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Am I the only one that just assumes the American Mafia is tied in with the Democrat Party and backs their candidates 95% of the time ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:12 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:02 pm
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 am
I can't tell ya'll how comforting it is to see the entire board come around to my 'cui bono is bullshit reasoning' way of thinking.
We saw your bat signal, saw you flying the colors upside down, saw you calling for a life line...…………….. always willing to lend a helping hand to a DCF Times Veteran.
Gentlemen, officers, and scholars, every last one of ya.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:19 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:01 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:52 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:36 am
Dude, imma throw you a bone here because you need the help.

Consider the possibility that you’re on the right track, but for the completely wrong reason. Perhaps Cohen *is* afraid for his family, but it has absolutely nothing to do with this dumbass tweet you’re clinging to. Maybe the tweet is the only thing Cohen can desperately point to, because all actual evidence is so shady and twisted nobody can afford for it to come to light.
I'll double down with that and go Russian Collusion Conspiracy on ya.

Cohen's father in law(Fima Shustermann, born in the Ukraine) is the Russian Mafia chairman for New York, Trump went Fima and got Mafia loans for his business, couldn't pay them back, now Trump owes the Russian Mafia, and when Trump ran for POTUS, Putin bought up the loans from the Russian Mafia, and Trump is just Putin's puppet now. Further, Melania is actually a Red Sparrow, trained by Putin when she was young in Communist Slovakia. It was her job to direct Trump to Fima Shusterman.
There you go. I mean, it’s outlandish, but not as outlandish as Cohen being terrified over “watch the father-in-law”.

The first part of your theory is fire though, Russian Mafia debt. They should build on that shit. And if they were smart, they would.

But they’re not. They’re dumb as the hind quarters of a jellyfish, so they try to panick everyone over tweets that mean nothing to folks on the right 2/3rds of the IQ bell curve.
Maybe they could find someone willing to testify...

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:21 pm

If my little fantasy Russian Collusion Conspiracy has a kernel of truth. Then Cohen would have to bust his father in laws operation. So, probably gotta cut some kind of deal with Mueller and get the press just right before you do that.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:23 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:16 am
I’m a retard and an idiot. I hope I can be half as successful as Trump. One-tenth even.
Lucktocracy, amirite?

I am an Adonis, with a first rate intellect and the charm of Satan himself... yet, somehow global success eludes me.
That’s your problem. Us idiots & retards prevail.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Giuliani is a fascinating character, more so than Trump in my opinion. Hard to believe the conflation of the current situation with his own life, and how far he’s strayed from his original public principles. His father was a collector for a bookie who went away for a time. Giuliani younger made his mark as a squeaky clean US Attorney; now he defends a known associate. He was the hero mayor; now he defends the goat and has completed his transition to one himself. He was a brilliant man who could have rested on his laurels the rest of an honored life, but his ego (or maybe his wallet) wouldn’t let him stay out of the spotlight when the opportunity presented itself. And these are just the highlights.

I wish I could read the books that will be written in the far future about Trump’s entire cohort, but the one about Giuliani should be great given a historian who’s up to the task.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:58 pm

:lol:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:16 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:35 pm
Giuliani younger made his mark as a squeaky clean US Attorney; now he defends a known associate. He was the hero mayor; now he defends the goat and has completed his transition to one himself.
Let the record reflect that milspecs referred to Trump as the G.O.A.T.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"