Re: Dan Carlin's Hardcore History Addendum

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:47 pm
doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:36 pm
Xenophon wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:54 pm

His contention was that what they are attempting to do is defund municipal and county police forces and re-allocate those funds to support the creation of a Federalized police force. It wasn't something that I had considered before, and it sounds plausible to me.
The democrats are explicitly calling for federal control. Not a US police force, just national guidelines, training and oversight etc.

Of course this makes no sense on the face of it. Police departments are a local affair. If single party democrat controlled cities in single party democrat controlled states camt produce the results they want, what makes them think democrats from washington can change things?

Of course they never acknowledge any actual problems, and they dont discuss any actual ideas. They're solving an imaginary problem with an imaginary solution. How rich white people from the suburbs in California came to believe that inner city policing in Chicago is controlled by hicks in south Dakota, rather than poor minorities from those cities voting in tough on crime politicians for decades is the real issue.
Creditonalism and HR dept. Dont forget that as well.
This is directly linked, GoG. Good eye.

HR Dept. types get their social work degree, they intake the indoctrination, and they move into the work force ready to do the work of Baal via the HR dept.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 03, 2021 10:23 pm

I just got around to the HH Adendum - Bomber Mafia.
I admit that I had preconcieved notions that it was going to be more of the same. Curtiss LeMay is Evil and Jimmy Stewart is a War Crimminal. But it really wasn't that, and in the end I was shocked where it went.

Good
1. Dan finally shows some respect for the US military

Bad
1. Curtiss LeMay is Evil, but with a purpose
2. Jimmy Stewart is a War Crimminal, but he was a pawn
3. The Rand Corporation is Great, Intelligence and Morality are finally a part of the US military

Ugly
1. No discussion of US drone program, for Fucks sake, you're talking about 21st Century bombing
2. No discussion of the current US wars
3. I support US bombing now, cuz smart guys are in charge

This shit was a 180 for Dan. It was really weird. First half of the show trashing US strategic air in WWII, second half praising how far we've come and what a great bunch of air commanders we have now. Never challenged the guest on anything.
I love how we can blow shit up from the air today
~ Dan Carlin 2021
( I paraphrase)
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue May 04, 2021 7:25 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:23 pm

This shit was a 180 for Dan. It was really weird. First half of the show trashing US strategic air in WWII, second half praising how far we've come and what a great bunch of air commanders we have now. Never challenged the guest on anything.
I love how we can blow shit up from the air today
~ Dan Carlin 2021
( I paraphrase)
http://www.occidentaldissent.com/2021/0 ... es-flight/

This is what Dan is talking about when he waxes poetic about progress.

Also, I take umbrage with the fact they are saying this is the first all gay helicopter crew. My understanding that all Navy helicopter crews have been all-gay. :geek:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 7:49 am

All I can say is.......... that's really gay
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 04, 2021 8:14 am

Do people ever pause to ask what exactly we're celebrating?
"First ever helicopter crew manned by guys who like to bang other guys".

Is that ... what ... an accomplishment of some kind?
What exactly is the achievement?
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 8:46 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:14 am
Do people ever pause to ask what exactly we're celebrating?
"First ever helicopter crew manned by guys who like to bang other guys".

Is that ... what ... an accomplishment of some kind?
What exactly is the achievement?
/shrug
When you start celebrating perverts, there's no upper limit. How long until we have the first openly beastiality ambassador to Bahrain or the first openly Necropheliac, where does it stop. You can't, you just have to keep celebrating weirdos.
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 04, 2021 8:49 am

I'm just not sure when celebrating non-accomplishments became a thing.
Don't really care if someone is gay or not.
Don't really care if they're left handed or not.
But we've never nationally trumpeted the first all-left-handed helicopter crew like we collectively just summited Mt. Everest.
It's fucking weird, man.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 8:58 am

It is weird.

Oddities have always been reported, but not forced on us to be celebrated. But I really thing the Feminists in the 70s demanded to be celebrated. The first female General Officer, etc. I train structure climbing and fall protection for construction workers. Still mostly a sausage fest out there, but we get some women. Men go through the drills and practice climbs, get on the ground, nod and basically say, Cool, got that done. But the women, they are so proud of themselves for doing a minor little thing, and guys are now engineered to pat them on the back.

I've work hard to not show it on my face, but I'm thinking. WTF are you clapping seals doing. Ten dudes just climbed up that ladder, and hooked a lanyard into an anchor 30 feet above the ground and no one said a fucking word. One woman goes up there with shaking knees and now she's a hero :?
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 04, 2021 9:04 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:58 am
I've work hard to not show it on my face, but I'm thinking. WTF are you clapping seals doing. Ten dudes just climbed up that ladder, and hooked a lanyard into an anchor 30 feet above the ground and no one said a fucking word. One woman goes up there with shaking knees and now she's a hero :?
WORD!
That's exactly what's happening on a national level.

"Look at this dude, he programs in JAVA and C++"
"Meh"
"He's gay, black, left handed, and Jewish"
"OMG!!! CELEBRATE THIS MAN! GET SOMETHING IN THE COMPANY NEWSLETTER IMMEDIATELY!"

:roll:

It's like they don't understand that over-celebrating someone based on their demographics is actually demeaning. It's implicitly saying "well, for a <demographic x> that's pretty amazing! Who knew you could do what humans do?"

Oh - gay people can fly helicopters? Fucking amazing! Who knew they could function at so high a level, almost like non-gay human beings.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 am

Yeah,
It's like we can't have voter ID because minorities don't have IDs or can't use a computer.

'Did I hear you right, Blacks are too dumb to use a computer ?'

Pretty demeaning.
PLATA O PLOMO