Aunt Net Eulogy

Martin Hash

Aunt Net Eulogy

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:20 pm

Aunt Net & Marty c.jpeg

When I was a kid, I didn’t know Aunt Net = Annette. I just thought it was a fast way for adults to say Aunt Net.

Aunt Net was always very supportive of me. I liked telling the other kids that I had a favorite aunt. I didn’t tell them she was my only aunt, but I’m sure she still would have been my favorite even if there were more.

I was also proud she was a school teacher. I’d tell kids, “My Aunt Net is a schoolteacher.” She would send me books as presents, all of which I still have. “Key to the Treasure” was my favorite. It’s on my bookshelf at home right now wrapped in a book cover I made out of a paper bag. I wrote “Marty” on it.

Key To The Treasure.jpg

To this day, Charlie Brown is my favorite comic. I started reading them in the 60s and I reread them in my 60s. Aunt Net would make construction paper Charlie Brown characters to decorate my presents. I still have the characters in my office; part of my Charlie Brown collection.

Peanuts Characters.jpg

Even recently, Aunt Net was the only one who would dependably Like my daily quotes on Facebook. I knew she wasn’t feeling well if a few days would go by without any Likes, but then, pop-pop-pop, the Likes would show up, and I knew Aunt Net was feeling better.

Thank you lord that at the end Aunt Net had her remarkable family around her. I’m telling her in heaven right now that I anxiously await the moment I can give my favorite book from my favorite aunt to my favorite grandchildren so that they too can find the key to the treasure like my Aunt Net did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change