Red Pill Black (Candace Owens) on Dave Rubin

Hastur

Red Pill Black (Candace Owens) on Dave Rubin

Post by Hastur » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:59 am

I remember hearing about this woman and her anti bullying Kickstarter project being torpedoed by Zoe Quinn. There was a long thread about it on on the DCF. Nice to see she landed on her feet.

I think Dave Rubin is doing a great job exposing the rot in MSM. What kind of reach does he have? Hard for me to tell over here in Sweden. It's like we all live in filter bubbles built out of confirmation bias. I guess what happened to Candace happens to a lot of other people as well on a lesser scale causing more people to wake up. When YouTuber like Pewdiepie and Joerg Sprave gets attacked thousands of followers are woken up. The left is so morally corrupt now, their ideas built upon a quagmire of pathological lies.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Re: Red Pill Black (Candace Owens) on Dave Rubin

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:48 am

Hastur wrote:It's like we all live in filter bubbles built out of confirmation bias.
*yip*
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:32 am

What kind of reach does he have?
https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... %2F03wh7g2

I only hear about him because he's always posted here but that's the google trend. He seems pretty popular but I can't tell what the numbers mean.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:39 am

He's getting pretty big in YouTube, but Google is trying to censor everybody right of communist these days, so he will need to figure out revenue generation if he wants to continue. Patreon is not likely going to replace what Google took away with ad revenue.

He also seems like an interesting centrist figure, sort of like Peterson. He's definitely not right wing or even red pilled. Just old school liberal (i.e. "Nazi").

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:56 am

Patreon is sjw too. Lauren Southern got shoah'd from them and just forget about anyone to the right of her not getting shoah'd.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:59 am

Nukedog wrote:Patreon is sjw too. Lauren Southern got shoah'd from them and just forget about anyone to the right of her not getting shoah'd.

She is really far to the right of Rubin. Rubin is essentially a solidly left liberal, though I don't mean left in the sense of "wants to burn civilization to the ground left.

Again, I think this left-right paradigm provides little genuine utility to discourse.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:30 am

Right well I'm just using it to mean not progressive in this sense.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:37 am

I think he calls himself liberal now. He's definitely not on the progressive train at this point. I don't watch him very often, though. It's only when he interviews somebody I am actually interested in.

Another thing that probably pisses off the marxists is that he doesn't play the identity politics game much. He's a homosexual, but he doesn't flaunt it, and he's definitely more like the kinds of homosexuals in history that weren't effeminate. I doubt they will ever come out and admit it, but I get the impression they don't like that one bit because he doesn't compromise his masculinity (at least publicly as far as I can tell).

I sometimes wonder if there needs to be made a distinction between the so-called "gay" homosexuals that historically have always been held in contempt even by societies that didn't have a problem with homosexuality in general, and the kinds of people who don't really change who they are but happen to like sex with their own gender. I think Jack Donovan wrote something about this, but I have never bothered to read that one.

For instance, you wouldn't know just from talking to a dude like this that he is attracted to other men. He's just a normal dude. Rubin is like that. Donovan is like that (though definitely not normal in other ways). If rumors are true, Mike Rowe is the quintessential example.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:25 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Again, I think this left-right paradigm provides little genuine utility to discourse.
That's because you have no idea what the left-right paradigm is.

It isn't law vs chaos, or good vs. evil, the left-right paradigm has nothing to do with D&D. It isn't the oppressed vs the oppressors either, the status quo isn't the right and societal change is not the left. All of these are wrong answers, and of course they are of little genuine utility to discourse, but they also have little relation to what is actually left or right.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:40 am

We get it. Can we not do this in every fucking thread?