The Way I See It With Mike Rowe

Ex-California

The Way I See It With Mike Rowe

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:28 pm

I just started listening to these and they're great fun

They average between 5 and 8 minutes so they are shorter than Dan's Audible ads but they're a good commute listen
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Way I See It With Mike Rowe

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Yeah, honestly, I just like the guys voice. He has incredible charisma.

The stories are nice, but not very engaging.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:40 am

He seems to give workers a lot of love, but if the skills gap were ever filled, wages for workers would plummet. It's the fact that there is demand for ten million more skilled workers that they are able to make a living like they are. Flood the workforce with ten million more workers, watch their wages drop, and say thanks to Mike for making it all happen.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:59 am

Okeefenokee wrote:He seems to give workers a lot of love, but if the skills gap were ever filled, wages for workers would plummet. It's the fact that there is demand for ten million more skilled workers that they are able to make a living like they are. Flood the workforce with ten million more workers, watch their wages drop, and say thanks to Mike for making it all happen.
So... we shouldn't encourage people to pursue skilled trades, lest there be too many of them? You really hate humanity, don't you...

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 am

You haven't gotten any better with economics.

Skilled workers are over paid because there is a shortage of them. Eliminate the shortage and their wages drop. See how that works? It's good for skilled workers that society thinks those jobs are beneath them. It keeps their wages higher than they would normally be.

We should be encouraging everyone to be liberal arts majors. Flood the job market with McDonald's workers, and let the rest of us enjoy being in demand.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 am

Okeefenokee wrote:You haven't gotten any better with economics.

Skilled workers are over paid because there is a shortage of them. Eliminate the shortage and their wages drop. See how that works? It's good for skilled workers that society thinks those jobs are beneath them. It keeps their wages higher than they would normally be.

We should be encouraging everyone to be liberal arts majors. Flood the job market with McDonald's workers, and let the rest of us enjoy being in demand.
I'm well aware of this 'supply-demand' that you speak of, thank you.
I'm sure that our society will benefit from your chosen lack of competition in the workplace.

Somehow I question whether Mike Rowe can successfully influence tens of millions of high schoolers to skip college, and create a labor surplus in skilled trades, but... sure whatever.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:17 am

Okeefenokee wrote:You haven't gotten any better with economics.

You really think that skilled workers are overpaid?

The people that Mike Rowe champions are much more important to the world than any office drone sales middle management paper pusher.

Wait I think I agree with what you're saying

Nevermind :mrgreen:
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:28 am

If he really cared about them, he would shut the hell up and stop trying to ruin what they got going. Talk about a buddy-fucker.

Private contractors are like, "Shut the fuck up, man! Why you gotta tell 'em that shit?"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:12 am

Okeefenokee wrote:If he really cared about them, he would shut the hell up and stop trying to ruin what they got going. Talk about a buddy-fucker.

Private contractors are like, "Shut the fuck up, man! Why you gotta tell 'em that shit?"
All 3 of them still in business.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace