Civil War Doomsday Clock

Zlaxer

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:33 am

BjornP wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:47 pm
You really should try and stay above it. Above them.

No - not any more.

They opened pandora's box - fuck'em.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:55 am

Yeah, it's on.

I don't think they realize what they have done.

Yet.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:57 am

I’ll simply sink lower than these lunatics and be the best lunatic!! That’s how we win!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:59 am

"when your enemy kills you, you win"

Life works the opposite of what George Lucas taught you, kid.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:00 am

BjornP wrote:

Their acts are over the line, and they need better moral guidance from their own lines, and you can't just accept being stepped on, either. But don't push back by constantly weaponizing the meaning of words and insisting on using the most dramatic and "dangerous" words for anything they do.

That’s the postmodernism trap, "everything is interpretation" (except the observation that "everything is interpretation", ofc). You really should try and stay above it. Above them.
Generally my policy is to take the higher road and stay above it. But I also realize that they don't care if you do, they intend to crush all opposition, to make me comply. I can't do that............. but how do I really push back ?

How does the average person that just wants to be left alone and live their life push back against a movement who wants to force their values on you ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:04 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:00 am
BjornP wrote:

Their acts are over the line, and they need better moral guidance from their own lines, and you can't just accept being stepped on, either. But don't push back by constantly weaponizing the meaning of words and insisting on using the most dramatic and "dangerous" words for anything they do.

That’s the postmodernism trap, "everything is interpretation" (except the observation that "everything is interpretation", ofc). You really should try and stay above it. Above them.
Generally my policy is to take the higher road and stay above it. But I also realize that they don't care if you do, they intend to crush all opposition, to make me comply. I can't do that............. but how do I really push back ?

How does the average person that just wants to be left alone and live their life push back against a movement who wants to force their values on you ?
Ignore their demands. Subvert their ideology. Fight your own local battles.

When somebody goes SJW in person, I either laugh in their face, or walk away. Same as when someone goes MAGA.

The blather on social media has no impact on the real world, unless you let it. People get themselves fired up about non-issues all the time, then get a slap of cold water in the face when they bring it to their friends. Be one of those friends. Help them see through the scream machine.

The reason that everyone is getting so extreme is because of their echo chambers of outrage online. Each member of a group gets more ridiculous, until the herd is stampeding toward Stupidity. The function of group interaction is supposed to be to weigh the validity of different viewpoints, and come to a consensus. When the group is selected to only be of a certain view, then that group will go all the way to the extreme of that viewpoint. Same as mob mentality.

Be a calm voice in your social groups. Call bullshit where you see it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:44 am

Extreme leftist such as media matters always overplay their hand, it's how Trump came about in the first place. The silent majority will get their fill and up with it they will not put. You just have to know how to nudge them to see the realities you've known all along. Back in the old DCF I held the same viewpoints about the media about Democrat politicians and their sympathetic bureaucrats, many times I was a lone voice, but I keep pressing and eventually everybody coming around to me, some even surpassing me on the spectrum. Am I claiming it was my words that brought them around, nope, for 99.9999% it was circumstances and sooner than maybe you or I think I'll be back to being the lone voice. Nothing I am seeing is non cyclical, the American people will get this right, even if they exhaust all other options beforehand.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:59 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:04 am
When somebody goes SJW in person, I either laugh in their face, or walk away.

You can do that now - but what happens when they point a gun at you or your family?

Are you going to wait till it gets to that point?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:09 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:59 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

You can do that now - but what happens when they point a gun at you or your family?

It won't. We'll be in a police state long, LONG before we hit any kind of Communist Revolution point.

Don't get caught up in the hysteria.

I estimate my chances of getting a gun in the face from a cop about 1000:1 over any SJW whiners.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:16 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:09 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:59 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

It won't. We'll be in a police state long, LONG before we hit any kind of Communist Revolution point.

Don't get caught up in the hysteria.

I estimate my chances of getting a gun in the face from a cop about 1000:1 over any SJW whiners.

Umm - if the marxists take over the senate, house, and presidency - they will be the police state dude....you seem to be artificially separating "police state" from "marxists"...they're going to be one in the same.