Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 27, 2018 5:50 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 3:13 am
I think there is something pretty screwed up about this Tommy Robinson arrest.

Since someone mentioned "outright evil here today that is totally disgusting and reprehensible" I got reminded of something way back on the DCF, in 2013 or so. If memory serves, the punk rock group Pussy Riot had just been sentenced to some years in Russian prison for charges of "hooliganism." In actuality they had merely staged a protest of the illiberal Putin regime. The resident conservatives were making light of/excusing it, about as much as Monty did in this thread for the Robinson arrest. I believe they went so far as to joke that now the girls would get to experience a real "pussy riot" in prison.

The ones I remember defending/relishing it, oddly enough, were Strangelove, Nergol and Smitty, as well as a few others. It seemed mighty strange me at the time, their reaction to it. But I didn't have such an eloquent description for it as "outright evil here today that is totally disgusting and reprehensible" Upon reflection, I think that'll do just fine.
I think that's a fair point.
I remember that discussion and remember outrage at a disturbance in a church. Seems as though court proceedings being disrupted is somehow different.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun May 27, 2018 6:06 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 27, 2018 6:17 am

This is what is meant by anarcho-tyranny, which is the result of transforming our nations into sectarian states.

The government punishes the innocent while doing nothing about the criminals. English government went out of their way to cover up and ignore mass rapes by Muslim rape gangs apparently in every city. But they will not ignore anybody who dares to criticize it. The anarchy component derives from allowing villains to do as they wish. The tyranny component derives from the state crushing any dissent by the innocent.

It's the necessary consequence of multiculturalism.

Otern

Post by Otern » Sun May 27, 2018 6:40 am

JohnDonne wrote:

Since someone mentioned "outright evil here today that is totally disgusting and reprehensible" I got reminded of something way back on the DCF, in 2013 or so. If memory serves, the punk rock group Pussy Riot had just been sentenced to some years in Russian prison for charges of "hooliganism." In actuality they had merely staged a protest of the illiberal Putin regime. The resident conservatives were making light of/excusing it, about as much as Monty did in this thread for the Robinson arrest. I believe they went so far as to joke that now the girls would get to experience a real "pussy riot" in prison.

The ones I remember defending/relishing it, oddly enough, were Strangelove, Nergol and Smitty, as well as a few others. It seemed mighty strange me at the time, their reaction to it. But I didn't have such an eloquent description for it as "outright evil here today that is totally disgusting and reprehensible" Upon reflection, I think that'll do just fine.
Well, Russia do not proclaim itself a liberal western democracy, so there's that. We don't expect them to uphold the same values. And some of what they did, would land them in jail in a lot of western countries too. They went in a church, and staged a protest there. Try bringing in a pig, and slaughter it in a synagogue in the West, and you're going to end up in jail, in most countries. Maybe not getting a year, but you will get something.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun May 27, 2018 3:51 pm

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1237 ... -injustice

Is the whole British establishment a bunch of cowards? I suppose we will know the answer to that question soon enough, if we do not know it already.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Fife wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:06 am
Seriously, look up contempt of court.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun May 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Fife wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Is the whole British establishment a bunch of cowards? I suppose we will know the answer to that question soon enough, if we do not know it already.
Monty is cool with all that. Nothing to see there. In fact, he wouldn't care if the guy gets whacked during his time in the rape cage. Room 101 achieved and accepted. :dance:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun May 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:50 am
JohnDonne wrote:

I think that's a fair point.
I remember that discussion and remember outrage at a disturbance in a church. Seems as though court proceedings being disrupted is somehow different.
No court proceedings were disrupted you fucking liar.

You're such fucking trash.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Fife wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Good article. And here is the anarcho-tyranny:
The official cynicism here is obvious. L made a vital point: that often, when one of these "grooming gang" trials is being held, the extended families and friends of the defendants stand outside the courthouse and "heckle and intimidate" the rape victims as well as their families and supporters. "I've had reports of children as young as five throwing stones at victims' families," L said.

"This intimidation by extended community groups also involves going around to houses and harassing people." She has even heard of witnesses for the prosecution who have needed police protection to use a rest room inside a courthouse. Needless to say, this heckling and harassment is rarely reported on and never punished.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun May 27, 2018 4:42 pm

Fuck the UK.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751