Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:34 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:27 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:11 pm

We have more than enough seeds to plant the planters we are planting

The Russians next door are the bigger planters

But frankly, I'm already doing business with the Amish farmer down the road

He has a lot of food to sell, there's actually a glut of food on the market, so he's been selling to me cheap
The last food shopping I did was in a big farm shop on the way back from taking steaks to my mate in the dunes a couple of weeks ago.
The shop was almost empty and the shelves were full.
I'm not interested in queuing to get into the local supermarket, I can live off lentils and what else I have left for at least a couple of weeks.
I was lucky to have a fair bit of dried goods left over in my catering wagon from the last movie I worked on so I'm not desperate enough to face the bug yet.
It's the opposite here, all the restaurants are closed, not that many people are ordering out

So there is a huge surplus of food, there's more food than they can move through the grocery stores

Mrs Smitty doesn't want to line up with the radioactive zombies

So we go to alternate sources, the Amish farmers down the road,

who are not effected by the bug, but who want to sell their surplus food stores

The Supermarkets are full, but they still can't move enough of the surplus because the bread lines
Yeah, the local supermarket is restricting customers to one per aisle so they are queuing up for hours outside just to get in.
Fuck that noise, I'd rather eat rabbit and nettle stew than go through that and still risk the bug.
I'm not very British about queuing, I'd rather go without than queue.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:34 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:27 pm

The last food shopping I did was in a big farm shop on the way back from taking steaks to my mate in the dunes a couple of weeks ago.
The shop was almost empty and the shelves were full.
I'm not interested in queuing to get into the local supermarket, I can live off lentils and what else I have left for at least a couple of weeks.
I was lucky to have a fair bit of dried goods left over in my catering wagon from the last movie I worked on so I'm not desperate enough to face the bug yet.
It's the opposite here, all the restaurants are closed, not that many people are ordering out

So there is a huge surplus of food, there's more food than they can move through the grocery stores

Mrs Smitty doesn't want to line up with the radioactive zombies

So we go to alternate sources, the Amish farmers down the road,

who are not effected by the bug, but who want to sell their surplus food stores

The Supermarkets are full, but they still can't move enough of the surplus because the bread lines
Yeah, the local supermarket is restricting customers to one per aisle so they are queuing up for hours outside just to get in.
Fuck that noise, I'd rather eat rabbit and nettle stew than go through that and still risk the bug.
I'm not very British about queuing, I'd rather go without than queue.
I'm not a Doomsday Prepper, people thinking this is the doomsday bug are wetting their pants for no reason

It's going to be awhile yet, but this too shall pass, not even on trajectory to be a depression anymore

There's more than enough food here, we got food coming out of our ears
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Here's another tight whip from my Gran Turismo playlist

Mrs Smitty driving now, she's a GT ballah a'ready

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:13 pm

I was always more of a Colin Macrae rally fan myself.
I dabbled a bit in touring cars and F1 but rallying is where it's at for me.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:13 pm
There's a rally mode in Gran Turismo too, I've got all the WRC cars

I've got the F1 cars too, Le Mans, it's even got Go Karts

Thanks for reminding me actually, I gotta get some rally going, the most challenging part of GT

Mrs Smitty is just ballin' it right now, she's starting to have fun with it, so I'll just let drive for now

Fascinating to watch a qt play vidya games, rare for me

Whole new girlfriend

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:17 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:13 pm
There's a rally mode in Gran Turismo too, I've got all the WRC cars

I've got the F1 cars too, Le Mans, it's even got Go Karts

Thanks for reminding me actually, I gotta get some rally going, the most challenging part of GT

Mrs Smitty is just ballin' it right now, she's starting to have fun with it, so I'll just let drive for now

Fascinating to watch a qt play vidya games, rare for me

Whole new girlfriend

I spent hours thrashing around in Colin's Ford Focus. I was untouchable on the frozen lakes and enjoyed the gravel and mud stages but was less interested in the tarmac rallies.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:28 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:23 pm

I spent hours thrashing around in Colin's Ford Focus. I was untouchable on the frozen lakes and enjoyed the gravel and mud stages but was less interested in the tarmac rallies.
The only game I've ever played with her before was Madden NFL Football

But she gets too mad, she can't handle losing

Here she is just having fun, but she's never strapped on the wheel before

This wheel does work with the F1 and WRC games, but those games don't provide the same feedback

Only with Gran Turismo is it a Real Driving Simulator

The rally mode is hard, merciless, you really have to throw the wheel around to stay in the drift

The wheel also has the built in stick shift if you want to be realistic rally shifting
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:28 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:23 pm

The only game I've ever played with her before was Madden NFL Football

But she gets too mad, she can't handle losing

Here she is just having fun, but she's never strapped on the wheel before

This wheel does work with the F1 and WRC games, but those games don't provide the same feedback

Only with Gran Turismo is it a Real Driving Simulator

The rally mode is hard, merciless, you really have to throw the wheel around to stay in the drift
Mum's fella has a top of the range wheel and an expensive PC but he drives proper simulations rather than games. His favourite is ''relics'' I think that's what it's called. He drives around in a Colin Chapman Lotus with zero downforce but I had a few goes and couldn't keep it on the track.
He flies helicopter simulators too as practise for his collection of radio controlled models. I found out the other day that he used to race radio controlled cars. Proper race meetings on dedicated RC tracks.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:39 pm

He had a Dutton Silva kit car like this one which he used to race but he had to give it up a few years ago when his arthritis got too much.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Mum's fella has a top of the range wheel and an expensive PC but he drives proper simulations rather than games. His favourite is ''relics'' I think that's what it's called. He drives around in a Colin Chapman Lotus with zero downforce but I had a few goes and couldn't keep it on the track.
He flies helicopter simulators too as practise for his collection of radio controlled models. I found out the other day that he used to race radio controlled cars. Proper race meetings on dedicated RC tracks.
Well, I did own a GT-R supercar and I have driven 195 mph on the Autobahn

This is not that, but it's still hella impressive for a PS3 game
Nec Aspera Terrent