SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Smitty-48

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:02 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:53 pm
SF is about to plant and produce enough food for next Fall and Winter. He's already ahead. Imagine how many dummies out there assume they will just be able to buy themselves out of a food crisis. SF is ahead of the curve right now.
If he can get hold of the seeds required. Not easy right now with the garden centres closed and some supermarkets closing of the aisles where the seeds are.
Hopefully, there won't be panic buying of seeds next...
We have more than enough seeds to plant the planters we are planting

The Russians next door are the bigger planters

But frankly, I'm already doing business with the Amish farmer down the road

He has a lot of food to sell, there's actually a glut of food on the market, so he's been selling to me cheap
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:12 pm

SF is about to plant and produce enough food for next Fall and Winter. He's already ahead. Imagine how many dummies out there assume they will just be able to buy themselves out of a food crisis. SF is ahead of the curve right now.
Farmer Paul's son and wife have a veg' garden and greenhouse but I know they are struggling to get the seeds they want.
None of us really want to leave the farm though so are reliant on what we can get delivered.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:09 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:00 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Well, you're quick enough to turn on me if I get into an argument with that sycophantic incel you chose to have as your oppo' so all I'm doing is backing up my buddy in return.
/shrugs
Be my guest, I'm not even out to attack him, I'm not want to kick him when he's down

I only give him a shot if he tries to take a shot at me,

I'm not piling on him, he hoists himself on his own glass house
Oversensitive if you ask me. All I saw was concern that you might not be as secure as you think you are.
What ev's, you don't like him because he refuses to grant unquestioning support for the military.
I see it differently from him and can respect those who serve even if I don't support the causes they are obliged to fight for.
I'm don't think I'm secure at all, this bug could kill me, this could be my death song, I don't deny it

Somebody wants to tell me on the internet how doomed me and my wife are ?

Fuck them, and their family too.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:12 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Be my guest, I'm not even out to attack him, I'm not want to kick him when he's down

I only give him a shot if he tries to take a shot at me,

I'm not piling on him, he hoists himself on his own glass house
Oversensitive if you ask me. All I saw was concern that you might not be as secure as you think you are.
What ev's, you don't like him because he refuses to grant unquestioning support for the military.
I see it differently from him and can respect those who serve even if I don't support the causes they are obliged to fight for.
I'm don't think I'm secure at all, this bug could kill me, this could be my death song, I don't deny it

Whatever, I've said my piece and I'm not going to get in a big row with you over it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:15 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:12 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Whatever, I've said my piece and I'm not going to get in a big row with you over it.
There's no row

"Smitty, you and your wife are doomed this summer"

Fuck you, and your family too

Just saying, moving on
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:27 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:11 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
If he can get hold of the seeds required. Not easy right now with the garden centres closed and some supermarkets closing of the aisles where the seeds are.

He has a lot of food to sell, there's actually a glut of food on the market, so he's been selling to me cheap
The last food shopping I did was in a big farm shop on the way back from taking steaks to my mate in the dunes a couple of weeks ago.
The shop was almost empty and the shelves were full.
I'm not interested in queuing to get into the local supermarket, I can live off lentils and what else I have left for at least a couple of weeks.
I was lucky to have a fair bit of dried goods left over in my catering wagon from the last movie I worked on so I'm not desperate enough to face the bug yet.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:27 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:11 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

The last food shopping I did was in a big farm shop on the way back from taking steaks to my mate in the dunes a couple of weeks ago.
The shop was almost empty and the shelves were full.
I'm not interested in queuing to get into the local supermarket, I can live off lentils and what else I have left for at least a couple of weeks.
I was lucky to have a fair bit of dried goods left over in my catering wagon from the last movie I worked on so I'm not desperate enough to face the bug yet.
It's the opposite here, all the restaurants are closed, not that many people are ordering out

So there is a huge surplus of food, there's more food than they can move through the grocery stores

Mrs Smitty doesn't want to line up with the radioactive zombies

So we go to alternate sources, the Amish farmers down the road,

who are not effected by the bug, but who want to sell their surplus food stores

The Supermarkets are full, but they still can't move enough of the surplus because the bread lines
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:40 pm

BTW, Mrs Smitty just tried Gran Turismo for the first time ever

Enzo at Le Mans

She actually picked it up pretty quick, but still hilarious to see her getting all spun by the simulator

Chicks playing vidya games, so hawt
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:46 pm

Interesting piece on the news explaining the shortage of flour today. It's not so much the capacity to grind the corn into flour that's the problem for coping with the increased demand. It's the capacity to bag it up into 3lb bags that can't cope.
Doesn't explain why the baker at the pub was struggling to get flour by the sack. I think he's baking 7 days a week instead of just 3 now though. I asked my old boss at the pub to see if he needs any help with the baking as he can't keep up with the demand for bread.
I've always fancied working in a bakery, it's just the early starts that have put me off.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:42 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:37 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:29 pm

My life is fully within my control. I just want to live with my kids more than I want to mess with women.

You should care because a second Depression will take you right down with the rest of us. The only way to thrive is to start ones own business - which I am working on now.
You said you gotta baby momma knocked up, and now she's got you by the balls

Then you just gave away what all your doomsday talk is about

Your life is a disaster area, you try to escape that by projecting as everybody is screwed just like you

Not really tho, I'm living the good life, sucks to be you, who knew ?
Criticising a man for doing what he thinks is best for his children is a low blow Smitty.
Frankly, I'm disappointed, you're better than that.
No... no he’s not :lol:

Predictable over the top reaction when he receives a message he doesn’t want to hear. Same ol’ boomer, over-compensating and flailing about for validation.

I simply pointed out that his currency will be worth far less in the coming year, in order to warn others to action. Shot heard round the world indeed.

Wiser men will heed it, and behave accordingly. His kind will flail straight into the abyss, taking as many with him as possible. It’s the Boomer way.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0