What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

StCapps

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Went more for dexterity-based with that magical sword ability. Hard to hit.
I like that build too, but a magic user that has a high constitution modifier that they base much of their powers on, just seems so cool, and makes them unique among the magic using classes. Warlocks are the kings of DoT, another aspect of theirs that makes them fun to play. I'd like to give both Dexterity and Constitution heavy Warlocks a run through, those are some fun character builds.
In hindsight, I would rather have gone the elf route with that fae god domain of spells and abilities. Add in the dexterity with the elven dexterity bonus to boot.
Dexterity bonus and the extra mobility, elf warlock is a sweet build indeed.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Found the Rules - 2nd Edition
http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Not only can Makar skate like the wind, he's flashing his playmaking skills as well, four assists in two pre-tourny games now, and making some sweet passes even when they don't result in assists. Love those stick check strips where he goes the other way at speed too, hot damn.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:17 pm

StCapps wrote:Not only can Makar skate like the wind, he's flashing his playmaking skills as well, four assists in two pre-tourny games now, and making some sweet passes even when they don't result in assists.
He's sick, no doubt, the only concern for me would be that he went NCAA, if he plays to get his degree, then he'll end up a UFA, not only do you not get him on ELC, but you have no guarantee he wont walk in the end.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Not only can Makar skate like the wind, he's flashing his playmaking skills as well, four assists in two pre-tourny games now, and making some sweet passes even when they don't result in assists.
He's sick, no doubt, the only concern for me would be that he went NCAA, if he plays to get his degree, then he'll end up an UFA.
The Will Butcher Effect, ugh. Not worried about that though, he won't take long to season, and will make the NHL long before then. Makar isn't playing to get his degree, bet that.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Yeah, and Butcher is on fire in NJ, I'm happy to have Liljegren in the A on the ELC, NCAA would make me nervous, you get your degree, and then you're a UFA, why sign at all?
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, and Butcher is on fire in NJ, I'm happy to have Liljegren in the A on the ELC, NCAA would make me nervous,
Even then he's another guy that won't take that long to season and wouldn't have been playing for his degree, so while NCAA does make me worry, not so much with the real top end prospects, it's the guys who will take time to season in NCAA that you really have to worry about losing, hence the Will Butcher's and Alexander Kerfoot's of the world.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Yeah, If I'm the Avs, I make a spot for him in the lineup sooner rather than later, even if he's not quite ready, just get him under contract with long term rights.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, If I'm the Avs, I make a spot for him in the lineup sooner rather than later, even if he's not quite ready, just get him under contract with long term rights.
If we lost Makar to free agency, I don't know if I could take that Smitty. That's grounds for leaping from the escarpment, right there.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:29 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, If I'm the Avs, I make a spot for him in the lineup sooner rather than later, even if he's not quite ready, just get him under contract with long term rights.
If we lost Makar to free agency, I don't know if I could take that Smitty. That's grounds for leaping from the escarpment, right there.
Well, a year or two is probably fine, but If I didn't have him under contract by the end of year three, I'd be thinking about trading him, because these days, the kid and the family, they usually want the degree, it's not like the old days, they're big into education these days, so if it gets close to the final year, that's when I get really nervous as a GM, the closer he gets to it, the more likely he is to go all the way, and think of the bidding war for him, if he got to UFA at 22?
Nec Aspera Terrent